ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't FSU win the Soccer championship last year?

Dr. Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Wonder why on the NCAA site announcing this years field they show UCLA on the front page?
(Not to mention FSU is a one seed this year)
Sorry I didn't link as don' know how on a mac

Wonder why on the NCAA site announcing this years field they show UCLA on the front page?
Yes....we beat fellow ACC team Virginia

Yep, after coming close several times. They just won their 3rd straight ACC tourney (4 of 5), but maybe the most telling stat is they are now 6-0-1 in last 7 against the elephant on the field, Carolina.
The Heels are the dynasty of woman's soccer, but Krikorian and crew have overtaken them in recent years. They now have more victories over UNC than any other squad, but took up the sport later than many. Also have more ACC titles than any team that does not wear Carolina blue. Noles soccer has it going on...

Looks like Carolina is on our side of the bracket, may have to play them again at some point.

The #1 seeds in the tournament this year are FSU, Virginia, Penn State, Stanford.

Looks like Carolina is on our side of the bracket, may have to play them again at some point.

Ya, FSU has UNC (15th-according to women's soccer RPI) and Clemson (9th) in their bracket, along with 4 SEC teams: Auburn (14th), Mississsippi (29th), TAMU (23rd) and LSU (40th). FSU beat TAMU earlier this year, 3-1, when TAMU was ranked 3rd in the country.

The possible UNC/Clemson, Elite 8 matchup could very well be a championship game, so even though FSU has a tough bracket, at least UNC and Clemson will possibly knock each other out.

UF, could be waiting in the Final 4, and UF has had FSU's number the past couple of years (I hardly root for Duke in anything, but will be rooting for Duke to knock off UF before Stanford gets that chance-UF also has a pretty solid bracket), so it doesn't get any easier, at least Virginia is on the other side of the brackets and could face FSU in the finals, where as UF has FSU's number, FSU has had Va's number the past couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT