ADVERTISEMENT

Disney World - alligator attacks 2 yr old

The very act of Disney now doing what they should have done years ago with the signage and fencing is evidence they are expecting a big hit on this. Old video of a gator lurking just over the side of one of the rides shows also this is an old issue they've failed to address adequately. If there's a full time staff of trappers and "relocators" it's likely they would have shared this fact already. They apparently don't and the family will get a large settlement, and I do mean large.

The very act of Disney now doing what they should have done years ago with the signage and fencing is evidence they are expecting a big hit on this. Old video of a gator lurking just over the side of one of the rides shows also this is an old issue they've failed to address adequately. If there's a full time staff of trappers and "relocators" it's likely they would have shared this fact already. They apparently don't and the family will get a large settlement, and I do mean large.

REALLY makes you wonder why Disney was thinking here. They have their own local-government equivalent of the FWC, and have obviously known about the gators for years. Did they think their continued good luck (no incidents) would continue forever? Did they think they are "covered" by the no-swimming signs or other warnings? Did they not want to spend the money making the fix? [People would be SHOCKED how cheap current Disney management is.....anyone familiar with the park during its early days can attest to how poorly maintained/cleaned the place is today, just as a fairly obvious example]. Whatever they may have "saved" is about to go down the tubes in horrible publicity and a big settlement.

Reactions: noleone99

You got a link to that video?

With all this talk of settlements: how much would you take to have your youngest child drowned by a gator? Bottom line -- you get the cash tax-free.

If you mean that question the way it sounds, I sure hope no one answers it. there is no such amount

If you mean that question the way it sounds, I sure hope no one answers it. there is no such amount
FRKTdQ.jpg

.....Kind of surprised a gator that small would even go after something as big as a 2 yr. old....

With the kid waded into the water somewhat, when the gator spotted him silhouetted against the hotel light, he probably looked about the size of a large water fowl. And once he grabbed him, instinct kicked in.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Bad pub? Certainly. But, do you think that people will not visit the park(s) because of this? Not stay at the Grand Floridian? I have trouble seeing how this is really going to adversely affect Disney.

Last edited:
A friend just booked for five nights at the Grand Floridian this coming weekend. Has two boys, 8 and 6.

Thanks. I initially thought you were in Colorado, lol, but when I happened to click on the "COS, CO" location tag in your poster icon, a Google map to the Tallahassee Costco came up, and I thought it might be a joke unrelated to your locale.

Hmm, no clue why it would do that. Def CO.

With all this talk of settlements: how much would you take to have your youngest child drowned by a gator? Bottom line -- you get the cash tax-free.
I don't know that anyone on here would voluntarily make that choice. However, if you asked it another way of if this situation happened to you, what would you request to be done as compensation and prevention so that it doesn't happen to others if anything?

I don't know that anyone on here would voluntarily make that choice. However, if you asked it another way of if this situation happened to you, what would you request to be done as compensation and prevention so that it doesn't happen to others if anything?

But that's not my question.

But that's not my question.
Then I agree with the other poster above. I most certainly hope everyone on here would not provide you any dollar amount that they would accept to knowingly have one of their kids drowned by a gator or killed by any other method. Some people do not have a price for things like that. I have 4 kids and there is no money you could offer me that I would accept to have any of them killed.

Reactions: goldmom
Then I agree with the other poster above. I most certainly hope everyone on here would not provide you any dollar amount that they would accept to knowingly have one of their kids drowned by a gator or killed by any other method. Some people do not have a price for things like that. I have 4 kids and there is no money you could offer me that I would accept to have any of them killed.

Everyone has a price.

You are completely wrong on this one. There is no amount of money that would make this acceptable to me and many many others. And it wouldn't even take half a second for me to decline if you had the cash right there to provide.

Dude, have you ever even seen five figures in person? I'm talking bands on bands on bands.

Agree with Duval. I cannot say "for $X I would give my youngest to a horrible death". No matter what $-figure is given during court, it wouldn't fill the void that is left when you love your children.

RRR, I take you at your word that you believe money can buy anyone. What's the price you would have accepted in exchange for your parents or children's lives, or more distant relatives?

....it opens up Google Maps, which thinks "COS, CO" is a typo of Costco, and searches for the user's nearest Costco location.

That explains it. I wasn't sure if FSJ might have set it up that way as some kind of joke about living in Costco

It's like this. A dead plaintiff is rarely worth more than a living severely-maimed plaintiff. However, if it's a long slow agonizing death as opposed to a quick drowning or car wreck, the value can rise considerably. A dead adult in his 20s is generally worth less than one who is middle aged. A dead woman less than a dead man. A single adult less than one who's married. Black less than white. Poor less than rich. The perfect victim is a white male professional, 40 years old, at the height of his earning power, struck down at his prime. And the most imperfect, well in the calculus of personal injury law, a dead child is worth the least of all."

this is a quote from A Civil Action. Although somewhat harsh and probably rudimentary in thought, there is a ring of truth to it for modern juries.

$5,000,000,000,000

Why that figure? Why wouldn't $5 billion enough? Or even $1 trillion? What would you do differently with your figure and the ones I mentioned?
If you actually have kids, I'm sure they would be proud to call you dad if they knew you put a price tag on them.

Why that figure? Why wouldn't $5 billion enough? Or even $1 trillion? What would you do differently with your figure and the ones I mentioned?
If you actually have kids, I'm sure they would be proud to call you dad if they knew you put a price tag on them.
Come on folks are you serious? This is a sports forum chatroom that you're getting worked up over someone messing with ya.

Besides, if you had more than one kid and many more years of your life left wouldn't you give an extended thought to a price of say... 7 figures?

Reactions: RunRonnieRun

If you have to ask...

Hahaha, that would have been a LONG way to go for a joke about a thread!

Not so much this thread; I thought it might be some kind of old sign-up joke -- I used to have one, sort of:

Tallahassee is not that much different from the small town I grew up in, and on my original signup, before Warchant moved to a new platform, I used to have my location listed as "Anytown, USA". And my entire screenname is a joke combining Chief Osceola with Oliver Harmon, who I resembled when younger (plus my graduation year).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT