ADVERTISEMENT

Disruptive Markets/Ideas ??

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
What in your world would you like to see disrupted??

Here is mine; if someone can figure out how to find a way to pick up and somehow reuse cardboard boxes while making a profit, the market is huge.

Online shopping is crazy right now. We have a box show up to our house daily. It's insane the amount of boxes we toss out each week. Yes, we do recycle them, but there has to be a better way to get max usage out of them.

I bet Amazon and other online retailers are spending a fortune.

Whomever can figureout a better way to send/pack products, or reuse the boxes will be a rich a mofo.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllNoles
A few disruptive ideas off the top of my head that have been game changer for me (not counting technology)

Wheels on coolers (took tailgating to new levels)
Yeti (always cold...I don't like for coffee, it's actually to hot)
Java jacket (the sleeve for paper coffee cups)
Folding ladders

Reactions: FSUTribe76
What in your world needs to be disruptive?

Here is mine; if someone can figure out how to find a way to pick up and somehow reuse cardboard boxes while making a profit, the market is huge.

Online shopping is crazy right now. We have a box show up to our house daily. It's insane the amount of boxes we toss out each week. Yes, we do recycle them, but there has to be a better way to get max usage out of them.

I bet Amazon and other online retailers are spending a fortune.

Whomever can figureout a better way to send/pack products, or reuse the boxes will be a rich a mofo.

I've thought the same thing, even discussed it a bit with my daughter. I was thinking along the lines of an alternative form of packaging. Maybe some kind of inflatable plastic "box" that is inflated when packaged, that you could pull a zip tag after opening and it would deflate, collapsing very small. And of course, recyclable.

I have no way to possibly act on such an idea, but there has to be a better way than these cardboard boxes.

Reactions: DanC78
I've thought the same thing, even discussed it a bit with my daughter. I was thinking along the lines of an alternative form of packaging. Maybe some kind of inflatable plastic "box" that is inflated when packaged, that you could pull a zip tag after opening and it would deflate, collapsing very small. And of course, recyclable.

I have no way to possibly act on such an idea, but there has to be a better way than these cardboard boxes.

Or a service that picks up the box and returns to Amazon. Every box returned you get a credit to your account...similar to the 5 cents one would get when returning the Coke bottle.

Nothing better than getting piss drunk and making a burn pile out of cardboard or pallets.

I have an idea for a product that I know will be a success. Something that is used in the military everyday and the people I have given one to that are civilians think it is the greatest thing ever. Just don't have the time to make it happen; although no one else has tried yet either, so if I can just make it another 10 years maybe I will have time.

I have an idea for a product that I know will be a success. Something that is used in the military everyday and the people I have given one to that are civilians think it is the greatest thing ever. Just don't have the time to make it happen; although no one else has tried yet either, so if I can just make it another 10 years maybe I will have time.

And that thing is???

Booger pickin glove.
That would work great when wearing blue jeans. I bet the right hand wears out first since there is only a booger vault (watch pocket) on that side.
Maybe Levi Strauss would buy your idea and sell them as an accessory for tough guy types.

I've heard enough. I'd like to make you an offer. $1 for 100%.

Reactions: LesClaypool
And that thing is???

Not gonna say; unless you are a guy who can help me make it happen. Then give me your email. I need someone with connections in China for manufacturing, although not opposed to making it in the US if the cost is close, need someone who can get licensing, need someone who can get me into at least 1 major big retailer, a patent is not a must be would be helpful.
Trust me I have given this a ton of thought; just don't have the time to make it happen and I really have no doubt it will succeed. I also have an idea for a sports league I know would be profitable and watched by a ton of people. But one idea at a time; I don't want to much money and success all at once.:)

Reactions: nynole1
Not gonna say; unless you are a guy who can help me make it happen. Then give me your email. I need someone with connections in China for manufacturing, although not opposed to making it in the US if the cost is close, need someone who can get licensing, need someone who can get me into at least 1 major big retailer, a patent is not a must be would be helpful.
Trust me I have given this a ton of thought; just don't have the time to make it happen and I really have no doubt it will succeed. I also have an idea for a sports league I know would be profitable and watched by a ton of people. But one idea at a time; I don't want to much money and success all at once.:)

What about the patent, I thought this thing has already been invented, but not available to general consumers??

And that thing is???
1293649633-95644700.jpg

Reactions: DanC78
What about the patent, I thought this thing has already been invented, but not available to general consumers??
I am not sure on the patent. The research I have done anyone can buy these on a number of websites or military type stores. From my stand point the product could be marketed significantly better and most civilians don't even know they exist unless they have served or a friend/family member has served. I have given about 10-15 to family members and they rave about how awesome they are. IMO it really boils down to creating a more civlianized version that would be practical for civilians to want around; essentially more colors, designs etc. and then getting it marketed properly.

I am not sure on the patent. The research I have done anyone can buy these on a number of websites or military type stores. From my stand point the product could be marketed significantly better and most civilians don't even know they exist unless they have served or a friend/family member has served. I have given about 10-15 to family members and they rave about how awesome they are. IMO it really boils down to creating a more civlianized version that would be practical for civilians to want around; essentially more colors, designs etc. and then getting it marketed properly.

I think you're talking about condoms and, no, they're not unique to the military.

I would call Art Vandelay.

bubblewrap.jpg

+

1200px-Duct-tape.jpg

I'm thinking of buying an abandoned high school building in Texas, hiring a bunch of wayward school teachers and opening up a camp for men to relive their high school days.
I'm thinking of buying an abandoned high school building in Texas, hiring a bunch of wayward school teachers and opening up a camp for men to relive their high school days.
i know a teacher in Nebraska that you can get on the cheap.

How about staffing it with all these hot teachers who are having sex with underage boys...when they get out of jail, of course.

Pratt Industries is investing $2B in growth for this industry. Clearly there isn't anyone who has come up with a better idea; they are going strong.

I think the real estate agent industry is on the verge of being disrupted.

It is interesting that one needs to have a vendor to buy and very few purchase person to person. Seems the barrier until recently has been access to the listing information. Online tools have really opened that up.

But whats the next step, businesses that focus on ensuring each prty have all the papers in order for the sale, coordinating with the mortgage companies? I don't see home inspectors going away, thats a good peace of mind when purchasing, perhaps expanding the home inspection role?

It is interesting that one needs to have a vendor to buy and very few purchase person to person. Seems the barrier until recently has been access to the listing information. Online tools have really opened that up.

But whats the next step, businesses that focus on ensuring each prty have all the papers in order for the sale, coordinating with the mortgage companies? I don't see home inspectors going away, thats a good peace of mind when purchasing, perhaps expanding the home inspection role?

I never thought about this...but this has got to be the future, doesn't it? I mean, does anybody expect their realtor to show up with a list of homes to show them anymore? The last several times I've house shopped, I pick the houses I want to see, and have to call a realtor to open the damn thing up. There's nothing they can tell me about the schools, property values, location, etc that I don't already know. Does anyone really believe realtors "market" your house in any meaningful way? If never heard of one doing something ingenious to sell your house. List it, maybe do an open house, reduce the price if it doesn't sell fast enough. That's the "marketing" I've seen.

Obviously, the biggest thing to overcome is the idea that's its complicated and risky and that you'll get screwed over without a realtor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT