ADVERTISEMENT

Do bald and really short haired guys use shampoo?

jamnolfin

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Panama City Beach, Florida
Or do they just use soap? I often wondered. It would be cool to just run a bar of soap over you and dry off, no shampoo, no hair dryer. In this hurry up world it makes sense.

Better not to shampoo every day, even if you have hair.

Also, I didn't realize men still used blow dryers.

Kind of on topic, but I just learned that my brother in law, who is bald, is not bald at all....he shaves his head!

who does that!?!?!

I shave my head and use shampoo about twice a week. On the other days I just use regular soap. I find the shampoo helps my scalp.

I would think that regular soap would dry out your scalp a lot and lead to dandruff.

As for me, I shave my hair down really short, and I use shampoo every time I take a shower.

I just use a combination hair and body wash, or, if anything, I'll skip the soap and use the lather from the shampoo as soap on the rest of my body.

Pretty short hair (but a lot of it) and I shampoo about once a week. Rest of the week it's just rinsed, no soap.

I would think that regular soap would dry out your scalp a lot and lead to dandruff.

As for me, I shave my hair down really short, and I use shampoo every time I take a shower.

Nope...shampoo is overrated. I haven't use a bottle of poo since …well honestly I can't recall. It's been years…I just quit using it one day and have never had an issue.

I am down to the second lowest setting on my clippers and use shampoo daily.

Or do they just use soap? I often wondered. It would be cool to just run a bar of soap over you and dry off, no shampoo, no hair dryer. In this hurry up world it makes sense.

Why, Jamie? Thinkin' about joining the club? Don't see it for you soon, but never say never. As for me, I go all ways and have used all of the above and none at the same time. I figure the coin I save will keep flush for seasons to come by not having to dick with gel, comb replacements, coloring (for those grey-shy folks), and "stylist" fees.

I just need someone to 'splain to me why I have deal with all this hair growth in places I DON'T want (back, ears, etc)...

Sigh....

Hate the way my hair feels when i don't shampoo. I use it everyday, have never had dandruff or dry scalp either.

I don't wear my hair that short anymore, but always used shampoo for my hair when I cut it really short. My hair gets curly when it grows out, becomes a matted mess when I don't wash my hair.

Although I keep it relatively short, my hair is pretty thick.

When my hair grows out, the hair on the side of my head is curly and the top is straight so I keep it shorter than I used to. I shampoo just about every day.

I shampoo every day. I feel like it gets oily if I don't shampoo it daily, that in turn makes my face feel oily.

Is this your first troll attempt? If so, 8/10

Reactions: dmm5157
my wife switched to apple cider vinegar and baking soda and her hair looks better. plus, a lot cheaper than aveda, and she has to wash it less frequently.

Wut? Should be using a washcloth every time you bathe because they, you know, clean your body.
I didn't say I don't use anything to help scrub/exfoliate. And to correct the record I do, at the moment have both a bar of soap, a big bottle of Neutrogena (that's awesome), as well as some Nivea hair/body wash... But I don't have a wash cloth - I have one of those synthetic loofa things and a pair of gloves that my old GF got from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I have a thick, lustrous mane that I shampoo 2-3 times a week. More frequently and my hair dries out and gets very frizzy.

I'm balding and keep my hair fairly short. I shampoo every day. I have oily skin and hair, so I have to shampoo every day.

My barber usually does a 1 on the sides, tapered neck, and finger depth scissors on top. I consider it short, and I shampoo daily. Have had issues with dry scalp lately and just switched to some different shampoo and its getting better.

I have way too oily of hair to not shampoo daily

My hair is kept pretty short, but when it's starts to grow out is very thick and bushy. I shampoo every day because I use a fairly tacky hair cream and I don't like how my hair feels unless I shampoo it clean. I do find it funny that when I shampoo after getting my hair cut short that a tiny drop of shampoo will fully lather my whole head.

Why would you not shampoo your hair every day?

I only shampoo my hair after workouts. Which means I only do maybe 3 to 4 times a week.

Shampoo dries out my hair and takes the texture away. Because of me not washing everyday I rarely have to use product, it's all naturaaaal.

In a perfect world I would wash every other to every third day.

There is always a debate about this on Mike and Mike in the Morning. The Mike Greenburg only washes once a week. Mike Golic is awlays busting his balls about it. It wasn't until I heard him talk about the advantages of it that I stopped washing mine everyday...and he was right.

Same goes with my jeans. I used to knock my buddy who didn't wash his jeans, then read more about it and tried, and now I only wash every few months.

I buzz my hair every two weeks and I haven't used Shampoo in YEARS..........I just use the old spice body wash.

Haven't bought or used hair products for a decade. Use Neutrogena Rainshower on everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT