ADVERTISEMENT

Do we live in a narcissistic society?

alaskanseminole

Seminole Insider
Oct 20, 2002
Take 5 min and scroll through Facebook; I've never seen so many people obsessed with taking pictures of themselves.

What's up with that?

shopping

Not at all...must be you ;)

I've ignored on Facebook probably 75% of my "friends".

Digital cameras and social media have created a society more self involved than this world has ever seen.

Oh dear lord, duck lips and high waisted shorts are what this generation of females leave behind.

It's one of the reasons I quit fb, and boy do I not miss it!
Same here. Been off for 2 years I think? I'm honestly surprised more people don't deactivate, it's just an unbelievable waste of time. I just don't care about the mundane details of someone's life who I was friends with in college. If I ever went back on I would delete 3/4s of my "friends".

Reactions: bear1claw
The selfie is def a symptom of narcissism, but in relative terms is it worse than the people who used thousands of slaves to build pyramids or various so-called houses of worship as a monument to themselves.

I'm sure there are thousands of other examples of narcissism over the centuries that would make the 'selfie' pale in comparison.

Facebook is all about hey look at me.

Outside of posting pics of the kids for grand parents and posting stuff to annoy uf and ScUM fans.....I don't post at all but man oh man......do a lot of people post about themselves

I actually believe the ones constantly posting selfies have self esteem issues. They are actually looking for attention and want others to like or comment about how good or beautiful they are. And they need that constant reassurance from others because they have no self confidence at all. And the duck lips pose is even worse than the high waisted shorts. They can plant those puckered up lips on my butt. Although it does give you a good idea of who has good DSLs. :)

Have you ever heard of the selfie stick? I think that answers your question.

Just scrolled through and didn't see any selfies My feed is mainly babies, friends kids before prom, family pics while on vacation, and clips of funny stuff shared from other websites like the chive. And a few random pics of fish my friends caught...guess that could be considered narcissist even though I do like to see them.

I'm one of the few who has never had Facebook. It actually feels very liberating.

Reactions: bear1claw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT