ADVERTISEMENT

Do you watch the Hallmark Channel?

Dr. Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Cheesy chick flicks with a myriad of eerily similar plots...right now they are Christmas themed.
The home town girl moves off to the big city...leaving sleepy little Christmas town...aunt Edna falls and twists her ankle so big city girl has to come back to her small home town to run the towns annual Christmas tree decorating competition.

While there she runs into Billy...he’s the towns one and only police officer (of course he grew up there as well) but he is thinking of leaving for an offer in another big city...(he has two kids and is a widower as his wife was killed in a blimp accident yrs back)

Through a series of completely believable coincidences these two keep running into each other and in the end, save the decorating competition, fall in love and realize they both don’t ever want to leave Christmas town.

Wife loves them and yes I’ve watched several now...there is actually a drinking game for these shows...
15492246_10157825948555368_6786664357730088934_n.jpg

My wife watches them often through Christmas season. There is a reason we have multiple televisions in the house.

If you were to do that drinking game, you’d be too drunk to drink during the NFL drinking thread.

My wife watches them often through Christmas season. There is a reason we have multiple televisions in the house.

If you were to do that drinking game, you’d be too drunk to drink during the NFL drinking thread.
My ol'lady's birthday is 12/25, so she has a special affection for Christmas. It's manifested in large part by her constant viewing of chick network movies that are associated with the holiday.

Cable tv streamed over my MacBook combined with earbuds is my saving grace.

Reactions: squiffynole
They are all terribly cheesy and have the exact same plot line. That being said, I will still watch every single one. I’ve been out on leave from work (fractured hip) so I have nothing but time to fill up my DVR watch Holiday movies all day.

I'm completely burned out on those things!
For one thing, there's just too much goody goody and not enough goo goo - I mean how do you know you're in love unless you well, you know...get a little steamy in the process ?
But do we get to see anything like that? Noooo.

It must be a winning formula, though, because now Lifetime is jumping on that wagon too.
I guess they needed a break from those creepy stalker babysitter movies they usually show.

For one thing, there's just too much goody goody and not enough goo goo - I mean how do you know you're in love unless you well, you know...get a little steamy in the process ?

It must be a winning formula, though, because now Lifetime is jumping on that wagon too.
I guess they needed a break from those creepy stalker babysitter movies they usually show.
I like goo goo and steamy. Makes the story much more genuine and authentic.
50 Shades of Santa :rolleyes:

Reactions: goldmom
They are all terribly cheesy and have the exact same plot line. That being said, I will still watch every single one. I’ve been out on leave from work (fractured hip) so I have nothing but time to fill up my DVR watch Holiday movies all day.
Dang, liz musta took a dip and done busted her hip. Ouch. Hope you got something good to drink.

I just wish they would make a sequel..

Where they fast forward to the dark days of January and February in said sleepy town, where the big city girl and local townie have lost their original spark and she realizes she’s stuck in this boring arse town for good.

I like sappy movies but prefer the stalker or I killed the cheerleader movies. Always been fascinated by serial killers and psychopaths. Go figure.:Face with Tears of Joy:Face with Tears of Joy

I told my wife they need to add like 10 minutes to the end of each of these episodes which meets the above criteria...that would increase the male viewership of these shows 10 fold! I’m thinking of names for the special episodes:
“Barbie Sue and Billy lay another log on the fire”
“Johnny shows Annie the North Pole”
“Jinny Mae finds Bobby’s Ornaments”

I told my wife they need to add like 10 minutes to the end of each of these episodes which meets the above criteria...that would increase the male viewership of these shows 10 fold! I’m thinking of names for the special episodes:
“Barbie Sue and Billy lay another log on the fire”
“Johnny shows Annie the North Pole”
“Jinny Mae finds Bobby’s Ornaments”
Gotta find a way to work in something about Billy's chestnuts get roasted by an open fire...

Reactions: Dr. Nole
I don't watch the channel, but sometimes I buy the cheesy Hallmark cards, which I assume are based on the cheesy movies that are on their channel, or maybe it is vice versa.

Cheesy chick flicks with a myriad of eerily similar plots...right now they are Christmas themed.
The home town girl moves off to the big city...leaving sleepy little Christmas town...aunt Edna falls and twists her ankle so big city girl has to come back to her small home town to run the towns annual Christmas tree decorating competition.

While there she runs into Billy...he’s the towns one and only police officer (of course he grew up there as well) but he is thinking of leaving for an offer in another big city...(he has two kids and is a widower as his wife was killed in a blimp accident yrs back)

Through a series of completely believable coincidences these two keep running into each other and in the end, save the decorating competition, fall in love and realize they both don’t ever want to leave Christmas town.

Wife loves them and yes I’ve watched several now...there is actually a drinking game for these shows...
Yes, yes I watch quite a few of the Christmas themed Hallmark movies. Generally don't watch the others.

Reactions: FSU_UCLA
For any that have been naughty, they should be forced to watch replays
of all our football games this past season. Luckily for them, there is no
bowl game.

Pretty sure the 8th amendment prohibits such cruel and unusual punishment.

Reactions: lizfsu
I like when hallmark shows The Golden Girls.
My wife likes the Christmas movies. I’ll watch glimpses of the movie with her sometimes. I’m so impressed how perfect everything is in these movies—the Christmas decorations and how the endings always fall perfectly right in place. Only if the real world was like this.

They should do combo Hallmark and Lifetime Channel Christmas movies where right as things are set up by the first 90 minutes of sentimental schmaltz, the woman finds out either Mr. Christmasname killed his last wife and/or is really after her jail-bait daughter, and the last 30 minutes deteriorate into pure hysteria.

Last edited:
my wife is borderline addicted to these things. she knows what they are and is ok with that. pure escapism.

fwiw a few years ago I used to like them myself. back then they seemed to have more scifi/supernatural Christmas mythology vibe than they do now. one that I remember not liking much had Steve Gutenberg playing Santa.

It's one of the reasons I have a tv on my porch. We can each watch our show and talk with the slider door open.

Funny thing blondie. One of my college buds who was the biggest ladies man in the house now has admitted that he is addicted to the syrup that hallmark pours. Maybe that was his secret all along. A sensitive side. Of course it didnt hurt that he was capt. of the lacrosse team and a studly,handsome dog with a huge gift of gab. As for me.....late night Fraser reruns are all I've ever watched. So from 11/1 - 1/1 I have no need. It is darn interesting that the all sappy christmas made for TV shows have so much appeal.

Just heard "Jingle Bells"...Time to attack the ol' liver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT