ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone use ubuntu and libre office

FlamingSpear

All-ACC
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
How does ubuntu compare to windows in your experienc?

How does libre offoce compare to the Office Suites?

For the Apple users how does it compare to the Apple OS's.

the Ubuntu is built off a Linux platform which incorporates all the above formats.

I use OpenOffice and it works great. It's interface is more like the older versions of MS Office than the current one, but there isn't anything I can't do with it including complex macros.

I've used Linux on sysems before, but ended up sticking to MS for compatibility with other stuff.

If you want to just try it out, download VMWare Player and make a virtual machine set up like you want.

VirtualBox is another solid virtualization tool. I use it both at home and at work. Remember to install the Guest OS additions, they make things a lot less frustrating.

I use various forms of linux all the time, but mostly for server and software development stuff. I haven't played with LibreOffice.

the Ubuntu is built off a Linux platform which incorporates all the above formats.

We all have admin. assistants for these things. Poster does not understand the incredibly high SES of our board.

Unless you're absolutely against Windows or Macs, office UX on Linux flavors is generally restricting and rudimentary. I would vote no

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT