ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Goldman is opting out

So, the odds that Eddie will only get a cold are in his favor, but he's got asthma and is overweight. So, that's his right to make that choice.

What is interesting to me is that his long-term odds of getting a concussion and/or barely being able to walk when he's 60 are probably higher than dying from the virus (look at the numbers), so it's an interesting dynamic in this decision process.

Again, his choice, and I literally could not care less what he does. Just interesting, nonetheless.

PS - he'll get all that money next year when he plays, less the $350k he'll get.

So, the odds that Eddie will only get a cold are in his favor, but he's got asthma and is overweight. So, that's his right to make that choice.

What is interesting to me is that his long-term odds of getting a concussion and/or barely being able to walk when he's 60 are probably higher than dying from the virus (look at the numbers), so it's an interesting dynamic in this decision process.

Again, his choice, and I literally could not care less what he does. Just interesting, nonetheless.

PS - he'll get all that money next year when he plays, less the $350k he'll get.
It's not just him. He can get it and pass it to others.

It's not just him. He can get it and pass it to others.

of course, i know that.

but he can pass along flu, other colds, etc. Those things, while rare also kill people.

it was more about the decision of not playing now vs the concussion/major injury issue. Those major injuries would have a direct impact on his family as well.

@-Black , to be clear, I'm not arguing with you. just thinking out loud on this. just want to make sure you know this.

And you too should have the opportunity to stay home and social distance but it sounds like you are tied to your job? Guess what either you made the choice to keep working or you don't have the financial means to do what Eddie can. He's making unquestionably the best move for himself and his family and smart people around the globe are too.

I thank God every day im not in the petri dish that is Florida right now surrounded by this sort of selfish myopic mindset.

I've never missed a day at work during the pandemic because of my desire to keep working but I'm not in a classroom or a football field in close proximity to people with a DEADLY virus. No, everyone else does not need to teach. You need to learn
Lol okay the thousands are of dollars spent on
And you too should have the opportunity to stay home and social distance but it sounds like you are tied to your job? Guess what either you made the choice to keep working or you don't have the financial means to do what Eddie can. He's making unquestionably the best move for himself and his family and smart people around the globe are too.

I thank God every day im not in the petri dish that is Florida right now surrounded by this sort of selfish myopic mindset.

I've never missed a day at work during the pandemic because of my desire to keep working but I'm not in a classroom or a football field in close proximity to people with a DEADLY virus. No, everyone else does not need to teach. You need to learn
myopic mindset ?? I don’t have a small view of the situation it’s actually quite the opposite. However, I’m sure you think NY handled this well by your sentiments towards FL.
Not many Americans can just afford to quit their job lol if I don’t go to work I lose my job I’ve worked so hard to obtain and so would my wife. Her company worked from home for awhile but they all went back . The only myopic mindset here is your skewed view of people who don’t walk, talk, and act like you want them.

personally I wear a mask in every situation needed and our county has a mandate to wear masks. Contrary to the news networks the vast majority of Floridians are doing just that. We are not the only state with rising numbers and we are a very unique state.

Fact remains kids are more likely my multiple times to die from the flu. If teachers or administrators who are at risk need to work remote that’s fine. Obviously an nfl player opting out is their choice...... the point I am making is we are all out here taking calculated risks every single day. All we can do is wear masks where we are suppose to, wash your hands, build your immune system up!

My guess is those injuries are priced in to the profession. The virus isn’t. He may also know people personally that have died or become a shell of themselves afterwards. Antecdotally, my experience is people that have seen the ugly side of the virus (basically a hospitalization) have much stronger concerns about it than people that don’t personally know someone severely negatively impacted by it. People with comornisort factors tend to take it more seriously as well in my experience. If he has aarhma, he likely is getting an additional opinion from a pulmonologist as opposed to the news cycle. If you see what happens to the lungs when ARDS sets in, you can become pretty unsettled. ARDS is pretty nasty stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT