ADVERTISEMENT

Effective Immediately Forida Shuts Down All Bars and Nightclubs For 30 Days

Not sure what is closed but no more onsite alcohol consumption for 30 days.

It’s the whole state.
Twenty somethings can’t seem to hold down the partying.

I’m having to get tested and I’m out from work for two weeks because of it.

Reactions: Warchant1911
It’s the whole state.

Congrats on the two week vacation but I hope you're 100% healthy.

It’s the whole state.

Exactly. The whole just take precautions crowd have been taking absolutely no precautions, which is what led to this.

Thanks for the link. I wonder why it specifies no alcohol consumption on premises? Like if I go to a sports bar and eat wings and a burger I'm gucci as log as I don't drink a beer? Is the rona in the alcohol now?

I don't think it's the alcohol itself as much as the alcohol fuels gatherings.

People will hang out in large groups for hours while drinks are flowing, not so much over a burger and fries. At least that's what I learned, very generally speaking, from waiting tables back in the day.

I don't think it's the alcohol itself as much as the alcohol fuels gatherings.

People will hang out in large groups for hours while drinks are flowing, not so much over a burger and fries. At least that's what I learned, very generally speaking, from waiting tables back in the day.
Yeah but I will hang out with my buddies over a few drinks at a house or by a pool the same as I will at a bar. Just don't see how it's not doing more harm to the businesses than it is protecting the population. The people going out without taking precautions obviously are taking this thing seriously so preventing businesses from making money is't going to change their minds.

Yeah but I will hang out with my buddies over a few drinks at a house or by a pool the same as I will at a bar. Just don't see how it's not doing more harm to the businesses than it is protecting the population. The people going out without taking precautions obviously are taking this thing seriously so preventing businesses from making money is't going to change their minds.
Because you don’t have 100 people on your house every weekend and something lower than that every weekday.

You’re free to get together at your house if you want but Florida is removing the option of going out to crowded bars where a lot of this is spreading.

You can't stop free will, but you try to make bad decisions harder to make. If the bars are where they are primarily going and spreading it, while I don't necessarily like it, I think trying business restrictions is the right move before you start directly restricting citizens.

I think the other problem comes down to what responsibility are we going to place on a bar that has 400 people in there one night and becomes the epicenter of a new major spread. They wanted to make a couple grand and opened a major health risk to thousands for it, whose going to pay for all the fallout from that profitable Friday they had. Making them pause for a minute isn't the worst idea, even though I agree with you and I'm not a huge fan of it.

Because you don’t have 100 people on your house every weekend and something lower than that every weekday.

You’re free to get together at your house if you want but Florida is removing the option of going out to crowded bars where a lot of this is spreading.
Maybe I'm weird but I don't go around breathing in other peoples faces or licking their plates at bars so I'm still only directly interacting with the same slightly less than 100 people I have at my house lol

Unclear (to me) if this affects bars in restaurants. There was confusion in the first shut in. (Orlando closed everything with regard to alcohol but state overruled them and drinks could be served for those dining, but not at the bar.) Then the bars were open with limited seating in phase 2....but that also opened bars that didn't serve food. Many of those old bars - like the Knights Pub - are low ceiling poorly ventilated buildings that young people cram into.

Reactions: Warchant1911
Maybe I'm weird but I don't go around breathing in other peoples faces or licking their plates at bars so I'm still only directly interacting with the same slightly less than 100 people I have at my house lol
I’m not sure why you think you have to breathe directly in someone’s face spread it.

I still do not understand the logic that unless they close every possible avenue for you to potentially get it they should do nothing.

Unclear (to me) if this affects bars in restaurants. There was confusion in the first shut in. (Orlando closed everything with regard to alcohol but state overruled them and drinks could be served for those dining, but not at the bar.) Then the bars were open with limited seating in phase 2....but that also opened bars that didn't serve food. Many of those old bars - like the Knights Pub - are low ceiling poorly ventilated buildings that young people cram into.
Listen.....The clubs in Orlando where doing no such thing. They took your temperature at the door and that was it. There was no social distancing or half capacity or anything of that nature. Thats why it spread like that imo.

Listen.....The clubs in Orlando where doing no such thing. They took your temperature at the door and that was it. There was no social distancing or half capacity or anything of that nature. Thats why it spread like that imo.
Exactly. I have friends in the restaurant and bar industry. They told me opening at 25% capacity or half capacity for a lot of restaurants and bars wasn’t going to happen. They would all open full go so they can make money.

I’m not sure why you think you have to leave directly in someone’s face spread it.
I guess because I don't going around touching every surface I pass by and I wash my hands pretty frequently...been doing that since before they put all the signs up in the bathrooms.

I just don't like the government making decisions that directly impact peoples livelihood. The people who are concerned about the virus shouldn't go out to bars and the people who aren't concerned should get no sympathy if/when they catch it.

Exactly. I have friends in the restaurant and bar industry. They told me opening at 25% capacity or half capacity for a lot of restaurants and bars wasn’t going to happen. They would all open full go so they can make money.
And that is exactly what happened.

Said at the time it happened opening Bars was a bad idea...I mean you mix alcohol with young men and women and social distancing is the last thing on their mind..the only distance they are worried about is whose apartment/condo is closer

You may have misunderstood my comment. The rule was that the bars could be open with social distancing. I didn't mean to imply that they were following it. There was mayhem in those bars. But the rule is also that no one is allowed to stand at a bar...whether it is just a bar or a bar in a restaurant. I have been to some pricey restaurants where that was constantly violated. No one stops them.

I guess because I don't going around touching every surface I pass by and I wash my hands pretty frequently...been doing that since before they put all the signs up in the bathrooms.

I just don't like the government making decisions that directly impact peoples livelihood. The people who are concerned about the virus shouldn't go out to bars and the people who aren't concerned should get no sympathy if/when they catch it.
You realize that’s the function of government right? The government has been making those decisions for people ever since we’ve had a society.

Also, that is not how a virus works. It doesn’t just stop at people at bars. When they go out elsewhere they spread it. The vulnerable have to go out sometimes.

You realize that’s the function of government right? The government has been making those decisions for people ever since we’ve had a society.
Your point? Just because it has always been doesn't mean people have to like it...

So you go to a bar and catch it but don't know it yet. Then you go to the grocery store and maybe infect one person or more. Now if they die are you going to be there for their family to provide support and sympathy?!?!

Your point? Just because it has always been doesn't mean people have to like it...

You don't have to like it but that is the purpose of government. It is a constant balance between security and liberty on the macro scale. And like most balancing acts, it rarely stays in equilibrium; sometimes we get more liberty and less security and, sometimes we get less liberty and more security.

As far as restrictions on liberty go, this is pretty mild. I get the annoyance and frustration, but they tried the full liberty mode and everyone filled the bars created a massive security issue. The government tried to allow people to act freely, and they acted the fool. For all the people who need that security to be taken seriously for their own livelihood the government owes them an effort like this.

So you go to a bar and catch it but don't know it yet. Then you go to the grocery store and maybe infect one person or more. Now if they die are you going to be there for their family to provide support and sympathy?!?!
I get what you're saying and I would feel bad. But have you been to a grocery store lately? I've been in way closer proximity to way more people standing in line at Walmart or Publix etc. than I ever have in a bar or restaurant. The conversation has went off the rails a bit but my issue is that people can't consume alcohol on the premises, which hurts the businesses revenue. It doesn't say people can't eat in restaurants. It doesn't do anything to restrict the massive amount of people standing in line for one of Walmart's two open registers. I just don't get the reasoning behind eliminated alcohol consumption at a bar/restaurant when it does nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nightclubs are completely understandable since there is generally a large crowd packed in like sardines with a lot more physical interaction but keeping me from having a beer with my burger is pointless.

Thanks for the link. I wonder why it specifies no alcohol consumption on premises? Like if I go to a sports bar and eat wings and a burger I'm gucci as log as I don't drink a beer? Is the rona in the alcohol now?

It’s been this way in Broward and Dade since lockdown. Bars and clubs without food never reopened, restaurants can open at 50% capacity, the bars are closed for seating/standing, but you can order a beer or drink while you sit at a table. I assume all 67 Counties will now mirror that plan. We never got to Phase II.

Not sure what is closed but no more onsite alcohol consumption for 30 days.

Pops, I think all 65 counties other than Dade and Broward move to the Dade and Broward model. If you don’t serve food, you remain closed. If you have a bar in a restaurant, it’s essentially closed to walk up or seated clientele, but serves as a service bar for the tables in the facility...at max 50% occupancy.

Pops, I think all 65 counties other than Dade and Broward move to the Dade and Broward model. If you don’t serve food, you remain closed. If you have a bar in a restaurant, it’s essentially closed to walk up or seated clientele, but serves as a service bar for the tables in the facility...at max 50% occupancy.
Thanks for clarifying it.

Reactions: FSUDoles
Thanks for clarifying it.

I have a bad feeling...if the case load continues to rise like the bad trajectory we are on, the restaurants close again...and go back to carry out and delivery model.

I have a bad feeling...if the case load continues to rise like the bad trajectory we are on, the restaurants close again...and go back to carry out and delivery model.
Definitely going to happen. I've eaten at one restaurant since March and it was outside with no one within 30 feet of us. Didn't have any plans to dine in anyhow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT