ADVERTISEMENT

Elonnole from Gainesville

elonnole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2003
St. Johns
First, their fandom was pretty dejected pre-game. Have not seen that lack of spirit from them in a long time.

What is up with the thuggery of them charging our players pre-game? First the Canes, now the Gators. What. Do they want to brawl or play football? I would respect it more if both teams were really good. They're not.

The chunk TD play we allowed early in the game was really bad. It sparked UF for the rest of the game. I sort of felt like the first team to score wins and they did.

We had three picks but were only tied 7-7 at the half. That's not good. We had so many RPO handoffs in the teeth of their defense going nowhere. I guess you got to do that to keep them honest to set up a chunk pass play perhaps.

JT's best runs came on scrambles. Hardly any designed runs. I swear there were opportunities for QB draws where JT could have run for 20 yards easy right up the middle. Later in 2H, on a key 3rd down, he scrambles and almost gets loose for a big run 1st down but gets pulled down by his shirt from behind. The JT of last year does not get caught from behind.

I don't know why we lay so many eggs in 2H of games but especially 3rd quarters. The muffed punt was a backbreaker. JT threw a pretty bad pick with the guy covered but he took a shot. I think the ball hit the ground. Didn't need to put our defense right back out there so soon. We seemed like in bad field position a lot of the game and our Special Teams or not so special had a lot to do with that. I thought MN preaches ST. Something is not right and has not been all year.

The 3rd and 21. My Lord. Missed tackles to allow a guy like 6 yards YAC for a first down and then TD after. Maybe they make the field goal if somebody can freaking tackle. That TD really hurt.

Refs. I thought were pretty pathetic though not BC bad obviously. So many replay reviews and hardly went our way but the obvious TD catch crossed the line. Some penalties that really hurt us but some they called on them were in situations where we kept the play and denied the penalty. How convenient some of those calls against them don't make any difference at all? And the replay reviews were pathetically long when they shouldn't have been. Once they called offsetting personal fouls, which was garbage. What do you expect from $EC refs in Gainesville? But ACC refs seem to do us no favors at Doak vs. UF lately.

Until the whiffed onside kick, we gave them hell to the end. Their fans were gripping for sure then.

After the game, they were relieved and content with the win. Why wouldn't they be? But the scare we gave them at the end, and covering point spread was probably positive for recruiting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News