ADVERTISEMENT

Erie Got Some Snow...

hatsbo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Over 5 feet in many areas in about 48 hours. Actually wins this year's White Christmas award with 36" on Christmas day alone. I was in high school when we moved to Erie from Boston. It snowed every day for a couple weeks, people don't believe me when I tell that story, maybe they will now. In a gesture of friendship on the first night there, the neighborhood gang threw snowballs at our house. I made a good impression on them when I went out to meet them while they were in the act.

Reactions: billanole
Lake Effect Snow is a bitch, someone would have to pay me in the 6-figure range to even think about living there.........and research is showing that with a warmer world then the likelihood of these record setting Lake Effect Snowfalls will increase (at least in the short term)

Actually, I liked it there, Great skiing, snowshoeing, all winter sports. In the summer Presque Isle State Park was the place to be, nice bay and I believe 20 miles of sandy beaches. Great lagoons as well, we kayaked and boated in them.

This guy looks plenty happy.

https://www.amsvans.com/blog/students-build-snow-blower-for-man-in-wheelchair/

wheelchair-user-mike-johnson-loves-his-adapted-snow-blower-e1390917091770.jpg

Reactions: HerdOfNoles
We lived not 60 miles from there so we know what the snow can be like coming off the lake.

Grew up about an hour south/south east from dreary erie and couldn't wait to get out of there and head to FSU and never looked back. Hell it was overcast and gray all the damn time there.

What famous FSU football player came for Erie?

Grew up about an hour south/south east from dreary erie and couldn't wait to get out of there and head to FSU and never looked back. Hell it was overcast and gray all the damn time there.

What famous FSU football player came for Erie?
Biletnikoff ?

Reactions: Mugsy101
Article says a bunch of students built it for a classmate. But you seem like yer just looking for a reason to not have to get out into the snow. :)

Guilty as charged

Edit: In fact, I don't want to live anywhere that I would need big knobby tires like he has

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT