ADVERTISEMENT

Explain to me the benefits of joining a country club

You don't have to check in with the pro shop or rent a cart if you want to get out for a few holes right before dark.

walterwhite.png
This is key. From a golf perspective, it is all about convenience. It is impossible to justify a Country Club by the cost per round. But the ability to get out whenever and the practice facility are what keep me at my club. I can hit balls and maybe walk a few holes at twilight. I almost never play more than 9 holes and the most time I spend is 2 hours but I can do that multiple times a week.

Reactions: cmanole
This is key. From a golf perspective, it is all about convenience. It is impossible to justify a Country Club by the cost per round. But the ability to get out whenever and the practice facility are what keep me at my club. I can hit balls and maybe walk a few holes at twilight. I almost never play more than 9 holes and the most time I spend is 2 hours but I can do that multiple times a week.

When our place was open I was paying about three hun a month on dues and trail fee and only played a few full rounds a month. But I'd get out most afternoons for a quick nine or a few holes at least. Throwing a six pack in the cooler and taking off for an hour with your sticks and a bass rig has a lot of value.

We're hoping the course reopens soon...

Reactions: grady327
Connections made are the best benefit, especially if you're a business owner or salesman. Get contracts you would'nt get otherwise or make a few sales you wouldn't get and it's all worth it

Brian, with your family dumping 300k to join a club, probably yearly dues etc, why in the world were you fretting over a part time job? I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. But you were talking about being on the streets if you lost that job. But you are in good enough standing to go to the country club with the rents? Can your folks adopt me? You can even touch my drum set.

Last edited:
Reactions: funksouljon
Brian, with your family dumping 300k to join a club, probably yearly dues etc, why in the world were you fretting over a part time job? I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. But you were talking about being on the streets if you lost that job. But you are in good enough standing to go to the country club with rents? Can your folks adopt me? You can even touch my drum set.

Grady its funny you ask, I am eager to see an answer.

It makes me think of some of the kids here at Colorado College. School costs $45K a year, another $15k in other expenses. Many of these kids drive around in vehicles I couldn't own until late in my 20s. Yet they act like they are starving and have access to nothing. Sure, most don't pay the full ride, but very few are here for free. I know I didn't consider any schools that cost half of what this place costs and I never felt like I would be sleeping in my car if I hit a hard patch. Sometimes people like to believe they have less so they can say how hard they have it.

I can see joining with a partial membership. I have considered joining Deerwood in Jax, which is very near where I live. I think they were hurting a few years ago and were sending out letters trying to drum up membership from outside their community.

I did once visit the one in Montgomery and it was pretty swank. Had dinner on the top floor looking out over the city. Was there for an interview with ALFA. Now THAT was illuminating.

Brian, with your family dumping 300k to join a club, probably yearly dues etc, why in the world were you fretting over a part time job? I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. But you were talking about being on the streets if you lost that job. But you are in good enough standing to go to the country club with the rents? Can your folks adopt me? You can even touch my drum set.B

My parents joined 20 years ago. It wasn't even near 300K. I don't know the dues but I bet they aren't much more than $15K per year.

My parents aren't rich. I wish they were though :D

I can see joining with a partial membership. I have considered joining Deerwood in Jax, which is very near where I live. I think they were hurting a few years ago and were sending out letters trying to drum up membership from outside their community.

I did once visit the one in Montgomery and it was pretty swank. Had dinner on the top floor looking out over the city. Was there for an interview with ALFA. Now THAT was illuminating.

I think I heard on the radio Deerwood advertising their club & pushing memberships. Probably hurting again for members.

I'd be more interested in Ponte Vedra Inn & Club or San Jose Country Club personally. Timuquana country club would be cool if I lived on that side of town.

Side note: Jacksonville Seminole Club is hosting the Jimbo Fisher Golf Tournament at Deerwood this year.

Reactions: BrianNole09
I think I heard on the radio Deerwood advertising their club & pushing memberships. Probably hurting again for members.

I'd be more interested in Ponte Vedra Inn & Club or San Jose Country Club personally. Timuquana country club would be cool if I lived on that side of town.

Side note: Jacksonville Seminole Club is hosting the Jimbo Fisher Golf Tournament at Deerwood this year.
Ponte Vedra is the poo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT