ADVERTISEMENT

Eye-Opening - Part 7 - Separation

Regal Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2006
You may recall that a few weeks ago I mentioned that this round of realignment was more about Contraction than Expansion. I also posted recently about the "framework" being discussed for 2025 with Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels and how the playoffs would eventually work. I heard a little more the last couple of days about how that relates to the new Alliance.

The Alliance is being formed for several reasons. First, to provide some stability to the weaker teams in the ACC and PAC and to maximize revenues as best they can. Second, a safe haven for them until we get to 2025. Third, there is a lot of commonality academically and culturally among the weaker football schools in the ACC, PAC and B1G and these weaker schools like the idea of being associated with each other.

Once this Alliance is formed, you will likely start to see some specific scheduling within the Alliance of big teams vs. big teams, and small schools vs. small schools. This will be intentional. A very subtle way of beginning to unofficially separate the Tier 1 schools from the Tier 2 schools within the Alliance.

Like I mentioned before, the money is going to be so big in 2025 that even the smaller schools will get a fair share.

FOX will be driving the B1G Alliance and ESPN will be driving the expanded SEC. They will likely meet in the middle in 2025 with Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams. Top B1G Alliance vs. Expanded SEC (including FSU and Clemson). I believe the AAC will be ESPN's Tier 2 league and the bottom half of the B1G Alliance will become their Tier 2 league. Remnants of the Big 12 could be split up as they see fit eventually.

FSU and Clemson would be well advised not to alienate ESPN & the SEC right now. A day of choosing is coming for both of them after the Alliance is announced. The SEC will counterpunch to get the remaining schools it wants.

Again, I am just continuing to pass along some relevant new information and still believe in what I posted previously about the GOR and the ACC-ESPN split. But I have no desire to argue with fellow Seminoles. I hope you can appreciate I am walking a very fine line in what I share so sometimes you may think I am being coy or talking in riddles. But we all want what is best for FSU in the end. I will continue to share as best I can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News