ADVERTISEMENT

Eye-Opening - The Latest

Regal Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2006
As many of you may have heard, the NCAA Constitutional Convention happened this week. The main take away was that the NCAA is stepping away and allowing D1, D2 and D3 to separately create their own rules and regulations. There are many suggestions of the 130 FBS schools breaking away from D1 which has over 300 schools in total. That is virtually certain to happen starting in January.

But the latest is that it won't stop there, which is consistent with what I have posted previously. Once the breakaway of the FBS schools happens, the SEC (with the backing of ESPN) plans to propose a second step to create a new Tier 1 league for the college football heavyweights that are invited and choose to opt in. This Tier 1 league will be a de-facto pay-for-play league where college attendance by athletes would be optional. The Tier 1 league would still be run through the universities but would be regulated with spending limits, recruiting budgets, national TV and sponsorship deals, along with NFL support and player development.

It's likely this new Tier 1 League will start in 2025 or 2026.

Just trying to pass along what I have heard. I'm not here to argue with fellow Seminoles. FSU needs to get ready for a changing world. Transformational change is coming to college football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News