ADVERTISEMENT

FALSE: apparently not true now: Dan Mullen AKA Cousin Eddie. Lake Oconee Academy??

sidnole5

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
Acworth, Georgia
I live in Reynolds Lake Oconee, a golf and lake community halfway between Atlanta and Augusta. Great place which has exploded in growth since the pandemic began. But it's been a 2nd home to a lot of famous athletes and coaches over the years, including Ben Roethlisberger, Bruce Arians, Lin Swann, Kirby Smart, Bucky Dent. Even Shaq is looking at building out here. Anyway Dan "Cousin Eddie" Mullen also has a home out here and apparently he's made it permanent for now. Lake Oconee Academy has grown to be one of the top Charter School's in the south, and they have a football program that will only beginning year 2 this fall. They ware a disaster in their inaugural season, and have already hired a new head coach, Patrick Stewart, who used to be on Kirby Smart's staff at UGA. And last night LOA announced Dan Mullen will be the OC this fall there. Mullen will still be able to do college football analysis work, which my understanding he's in negotiations to do. As much as I rooted against Mullen the last few years, I have to admit I met him once hitting balls at the range, and seems like a nice guy. I don't think you'll see him return to CFB anytime soon as he as we all know hates to recruit. He's a strange guy in front of the lights as a head coach, but he always has had a good offensive mind. Anyway, some will see this as a step way, way, down, but I'd heard he and Kirby Smart are good friends and that all makes sense as they both have homes here, and the connection to Stewart made sense as well, as he of course lives here too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News