ADVERTISEMENT

fast food workers

Osceola1728

Starter
Mar 29, 2002
So, normally I bring my lunch but today I was craving some red beans and rice from Popeyes. I place my order and tell the girl that I want a medium drink. She then grabbed my cup with her hand all inside of it. WTF....She may as well stuck her hands in my mouth. So. I promptly set down the tainted cup and got another one from the stack. The cups are all turned upside down in the stack so why can't someone just grabb the cup flip it over and set it down without sticking their hands all inside of the cup?:mad:

just don't ask for ice cream

Wendys-Employee-Enjoying-A-Frosty-425x430.jpg

It's funny that you started this thread. I went to Chicken Kitchen earlier today for lunch. The guy preparing the food was wearing gloves but he kept scratching the inside of his ear. He left the glove on and continued preparing peoples food. Luckily some other guy switched with him by the time I got to the front of the line. I was debating whether I should go somewhere else or ask him to change gloves.

I don't think the guy understood why he was wearing gloves.

Reactions: BarryB1081
It's funny that you started this thread. I went to Chicken Kitchen earlier today for lunch. The guy preparing the food was wearing gloves but he kept scratching the inside of his ear. He left the glove on and continued preparing peoples food. Luckily some other guy switched with him by the time I got to the front of the line. I was debating whether I should go somewhere else or ask him to change gloves.

Like the people that work the cash-register wearing rubber gloves.

Let's face it. Most people who work at most fast-food places are either teenagers or are working for $7/hr. Neither group is particularly well-known for giving a f***.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
So, normally I bring my lunch but today I was craving some red beans and rice from Popeyes. I place my order and tell the girl that I want a medium drink. She then grabbed my cup with her hand all inside of it. WTF....She may as well stuck her hands in my mouth. So. I promptly set down the tainted cup and got another one from the stack. The cups are all turned upside down in the stack so why can't someone just grabb the cup flip it over and set it down without sticking their hands all inside of the cup?:mad:

I remember a Letterman bit on this subject. He'd have the fake waiter deliver the table's waters and the guy would carry all the glasses by holding them with his fingers inside them to clutch them together.
People of course freaked, so he came back out with fresh glasses of water, carried the same way, but this time with little 'finger condoms' on...

Once a guy at Popeye overcharged me by a dollar and then put a dollar in his pocket. It wasn't done very well and I didn't say anything just because I was flabbergasted at the nerve and obvious way he did it. It was not a smooth move at all. I'm sure he didn't last long.

Once a guy at Popeye overcharged me by a dollar and then put a dollar in his pocket. It wasn't done very well and I didn't say anything just because I was flabbergasted at the nerve and obvious way he did it. It was not a smooth move at all. I'm sure he didn't last long.
I once went through the drive-thru at Guthrie's and ordered several Gut-boxes. The girl charged me a flat dollar amount that didn't make a lot of sense to me. It wasn't completely off but it didn't add up. I think she just told me an amount and pocketed the money. Driving off I remember thinking that I should have asked for a receipt.

Its truly amazing how few f*&%'s are given by fast food employees. They do some of the strangest, dumbest things imaginable with no regard for anything resembling customer service. What is hard to think about is if they are willing to do such things in front of the customers, imagine what they are doing in the back where you can't see. Eeeek.

Related, true story: In college, me and three other drunk friends looking for late night grub. Subway near campus was a converted gas station, with large windows in front. We're walking from the parking lot and see the sole artist behind the counter digging golden nuggets of goodness from his right ear. We walk up, he asks what he could do for us, and friend, in straight deadpan, responds, "Yeah, I'll take a foot long ear wax hoagie on white." What little I saw of this guy's expression - before I fell out laughing - was priceless.

I remember a Letterman bit on this subject. He'd have the fake waiter deliver the table's waters and the guy would carry all the glasses by holding them with his fingers inside them to clutch them together.
People of course freaked, so he came back out with fresh glasses of water, carried the same way, but this time with little 'finger condoms' on...
I remember an old Letterman episode from about 15 years ago where he was on the streets of NYC and he ordered a hot dog from a vendor, and the guy took the paper sleeve that holds the dogs and, in order to open it easier, he took a deep breath and blew in it before inserting the hot dog!

Not a fast worker but the dude at the grocery store where I was getting lunch meat coughed then sneezed into his gloves then proceeded on like nothing happened. I said,"are you really expecting me to take that now"? He said, "what,there isn't anything on my gloves"..

As far as fast food chains, when I go I am fully expecting to be eating a booger,spit or something else disgusting.

I once went through the drive-thru at Guthrie's and ordered several Gut-boxes. The girl charged me a flat dollar amount that didn't make a lot of sense to me. It wasn't completely off but it didn't add up. I think she just told me an amount and pocketed the money. Driving off I remember thinking that I should have asked for a receipt.
Haven't been to Guthries in along time, but I remember their prices were deliberately made to come out to even dollars with tax. I think its because of all the poor college Students they have as customers.

Haven't been to Guthries in along time, but I remember their prices were deliberately made to come out to even dollars with tax. I think its because of all the poor college Students they have as customers.

I always assumed it was because they knew their staff wasn't capable of counting change.

Reactions: Bartdog
I don't think I ever noticed that. I guess it was because I always asked for something extra. I think I ordered them regular that time because I was also ordering for several other people. Even then, I remember thinking that it didn't really add up.

People wear gloves because germaphobes are irrational and it is for appearances sake.

....I place my order and tell the girl that I want a medium drink. She then grabbed my cup with her hand all inside of it. WTF....She may as well stuck her hands in my mouth.

Definitely a good idea to get a new cup, considering how I've seen them leaving the bathroom without washing when I happened to enter just as somebody was finishing up.

Of course I was on the men's side. But I've heard stories that the women are worse.

Definitely a good idea to get a new cup, considering how I've seen them leaving the bathroom without washing when I happened to enter just as somebody was finishing up.

Of course I was on the men's side. But I've heard stories that the women are worse.

Assuming they even take the time to wipe, yes. Otherwise, more sanitary.

LOL. Used to eat at a BBQ joint where the food was awesome but the environment was nasty. Typical dive environment that employed an all-star cast of cretins. We were confident they hired directly from the plasma line. One of the (female) waitresses was 6'2" and 220. We called her T-Rex because she was so lovely. She ROUTINELY brought drinks using the "fingers in the fluid" carry technique.

We actually went to the place, in part, to laugh at the atrocities being committed by the parolees. Outrageous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT