ADVERTISEMENT

Finally an update to the shooting death that took place at Thomasville Rd & Bannerman Rd on Jan 6th

Hmmm. Wonder if this was the same scenario except the outcome was different.

Damn. Maybe a mile or two from house. Go through that intersection often. Saw the initial news and it’s awful.

I don’t go home til tomorrow so haven’t been in the know about my area. Are those comments suggesting the shooting was in self defense? I mean if there’s an accident and someone approaches me with a weapon, I’m telling them to put it down/away and if the point at me I’m unloading. But I hadn’t heard these at all.

The Democrat finally provided an update this morning, but it had far less information than did the story OP linked from yesterday.

I live out there, I drove by right after it happened, crazy scene. I saw the cars at a T bone and thought maybe a robbery and someone plowed the robber as he was getting away.

I heard this morning the guy killed not only rammed the car but shot first, so obviously self defense and why the shooter was released and hasn't been charged.

Friend of a friend said the guy who defended himself is a former Marine, but he was in a Prius so who knows that may be a rumor ha.

Crazy this guy held that job with that temper. He picked the wrong one to road rage on this time. Even if he had lived he was going to get charged with attempted murder or murder, so stupid.

I live out there, I drove by right after it happened, crazy scene. I saw the cars at a T bone and thought maybe a robbery and someone plowed the robber as he was getting away.

I heard this morning the guy killed not only rammed the car but shot first, so obviously self defense and why the shooter was released and hasn't been charged.

Friend of a friend said the guy who defended himself is a former Marine, but he was in a Prius so who knows that may be a rumor ha.

Crazy this guy held that job with that temper. He picked the wrong one to road rage on this time. Even if he had lived he was going to get charged with attempted murder or murder, so stupid.
That’s crazy. I didn’t know that. Good reason to carry.

That’s crazy. I didn’t know that. Good reason to carry.

BTW, since you've been away - wait till you see the end of Bull Headley now (by the Petro). I come down that each morning and it's open at the light instead of woods. Bannerman is going to be a bitch with the new Publix and Starbucks and subdivision.

I remember where you are (or were) from the Hurricane several years ago when we chatted so hopefully you can come out on Meridian and avoid it.

For that hurricane you were an awesome dude and said to hit you up if we needed supplies (you were stacked) even though we had never met. I live in KL but stayed at my parents house down BH (Luna) for that because I have some monster trees I didn't want killing me and they have no trees in range. Dad died of cancer a year ago so just my mom there now, I worry about her alone with crazies like the guy in this story but she has a pistol in almost every room ha and it's a great neighborhood with her having awesome neighbors. Anyway I always remember your offer, we didn't need it because my mom is a hoarder ha but I appreciated your offer and I know you weren't just saying that, if I had reached out you would've helped.

Glad to read you are coming home @AllNoles - hated to hear when it happened but amazing attitude you had. I definitely need to take the outlook you are preaching now (after this changed things) because we can be gone or have a life altering event at any moment. I'm bad about taking things for granted and sweating the small stuff sometimes.

Edit - sorry to get off of the topic here. If I get any inside info on what happened from a few LE I know I'll definitely post it. I believe there is more to come as @Vickirsam seemed to imply.

I’ve thought that a lot. I’ve been up and down with my spiritual journey even since Catholic School. But I’m pretty sure there is something I am supposed to do. Not sure what it is but I’ll work to be best I can every day til it’s clear. Or maybe that’s “all” it is.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I know it happens but it sucks.

And as long as I have and folks need, I’m here. Maybe we can catch up in a few months. Or heck I plan to be in midtown in a month when Groove Merchants play at FB’s, whether on feet or on wheels!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT