ADVERTISEMENT

Finally saw Hamilton last night...

I've heard a lot of people who talk about this play. Hamilton and Burr had interesting and much different lives/opinions and you saw how that played out. So why not do a play from Burr's point of view?

That would be a very short play basically titled

il_570xN.922358523_twd2.jpg

I've heard a lot of people who talk about this play. Hamilton and Burr had interesting and much different lives/opinions and you saw how that played out. So why not do a play from Burr's point of view?
One difference is that Burr wasn’t down with Hamilton’s public and frequent suggestion that he was sleeping with his own daughter. Burr challenged him to the duel, Hamilton did the often done attempts to “honorably” settle it, and Burr wasn’t having it. When asked later why Hamilton, who was an acknowledged better shot missed, Burr said something like, “because when he shot his hand shook, and mine never does”.

One difference is that Burr wasn’t down with Hamilton’s public and frequent suggestion that he was sleeping with his own daughter. Burr challenged him to the duel, Hamilton did the often done attempts to “honorably” settle it, and Burr wasn’t having it. When asked later why Hamilton, who was an acknowledged better shot missed, Burr said something like, “because when he shot his hand shook, and mine never does”.

Thank you for that info. Burr 1 Hamilton 0. Still waiting on the much anticipated rematch.

Reactions: kj9127
How much did you guys pay for tickets? I was able to score a single seat for about $160 when I was in Chicago back in February. I looked at tickets for the Broadway show when I was thinking of taking my wife to NYC in November, and good seats started in the $400-500 range (we ended up taking a cruise instead). That really pushed my limits for what I would spend on a single 2-3 hour experience.
I paid 57 + vividseats fees for a single seat in the balcony in Chicago on a Thursday night. All total it was about 90 dollars (Those ticket fees are outrageous by the way. How does it cost almost as much as the ticket just to book the ticket?)

I paid 57 + vividseats fees for a single seat in the balcony in Chicago on a Thursday night. All total it was about 90 dollars (Those ticket fees are outrageous by the way. How does it cost almost as much as the ticket just to book the ticket?)[/QUOTE

You got a deal then. Im in Florida and tickets are going for a couple hundred dollars apiece, easily. And that's just a regular seat. Forget about it if you want one of the so called premium seat.
]

You got a deal then. Im in Florida and tickets are going for a couple hundred dollars apiece, easily. And that's just a regular seat. Forget about it if you want one of the so called premium seat.

Part of that is because it's new in Florida and for a limited run. Chicago is a permanent location and has been running for several years.

The other reason is that he got a single seat, which is more difficult to sell than multiples.

That said, any ticket for less than $100 is a good deal.

Yes, every other time I've been to Chicago it was over 200 dollars. So I got excited to see them coming down. But yes, I've seen it much, much higher in previous trips. It's near the end of it's run there, it was a cold, rainy, Thursday night, and I was willing to take a single seat in the balcony. But even the lower seats were only mid 100's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT