ADVERTISEMENT

Finnegans Wake reopening.

I had never been there....have to give it a try.

Well that's good news especially for Bruce. Now can the new or previous owners coax Donna and Barret back. Oh, and Mikey too.
Bruce is not involved. Barret has a full time job and I don’t see him getting back behind the bar anytime soon. But Donna is a lifer. She works in the Varsity Club on game days behind the bar. She is the best.

Saw a very good cover band there - "The Groove Merchants"?
I think I may have been there that same night. Getting a drink was an ordeal and I needed a combat helmet to work my way through. No seating but just in a few moments, I didn't have any eardrums either. Did they sing the song, "Get your Groove Thing?" or is that a 70's disco number?? Anhueser's Disease is really taking a toll in my late 20's......

Groove Merchants still around... I think they are doing a gig as a full band soon for the first time since covid...Tony O...

Heard Fire Betty's is actually going into 5th and Thomas (same owner) which would leave the big spot facing Thomasville open for a new bar....

Heard Fire Betty's is actually going into 5th and Thomas (same owner) which would leave the big spot facing Thomasville open for a new bar....
That’s a death sentence. Unless Ed Murray is giving them a sweetheart deal that rent will be an uphill battle. Not to mention having to justify the huge kitchen space.

Saw a very good cover band there - "The Groove Merchants"?
That is who we had play at our wedding two years ago. They are so much fun. Tony is a great entertainer, especially for a little town like this. If you are ever back in Tally and see a band called Hot Mess listed places, that's Tony and his wife. Different vibe but a lot of fun.

We try to make it to see them any time they play. It's been forever for GM due to CoVid, but they are back and playing soon.

Reactions: goldmom
That’s a death sentence. Unless Ed Murray is giving them a sweetheart deal that rent will be an uphill battle. Not to mention having to justify the huge kitchen space.
Just confirmed with him that is where it's going. I had no idea. I thought it was going into its old place.

I think they could make it work if the run it more like 5/T, but I am not sure how the arcade stuff would work there. Maybe they plan the games where the front bar is?

Just confirmed with him that is where it's going. I had no idea. I thought it was going into its old place.

I think they could make it work if the run it more like 5/T, but I am not sure how the arcade stuff would work there. Maybe they plan the games where the front bar is?
5/T really, really struggled with the kitchen. Adds a whole new dimension to the business. Food is tough in midtown.

Reactions: AllNoles
Let's hope that is the case.

Both places were great. Both places had good live music too.

5th and Thomas brought in some really good acts.
People say those bars are haunted, but I've been there for over a 100 years and they seem fine to me.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT