ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Fish Bits - 1/30/2024

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
FSU has four commitments at this time:

OT Solomon Thomas 6'4-315 (Jacksonville Raines)
DE Javion Hilson (Cocoa) 6'4-225
LB Ethan Pritchard (Seminole Sanford HS) 6'2-200
QB Tramell Jones (Jacksonville Mandarin) 6'0-180

QB - Tramell Jones - I have now watched him live at the state title game, live at the Battle event and honestly if FSU wants to win and compete for national titles he can't be the top option in any class. He is a high level G5/low-end P5 prospect. I get it that Luke Kromenhoek signed this past season but that can’t force you to not take a look at the top options on the board. That leads me to....

Antwann Hill - Warner Robbins (Ga.) Houston County - FSU is recruiting him and Hill is interested. We will need to see what happens this spring and if he takes a visit to FSU's summer camp they will be in it for his services. You can't turn away prospects like this. Hill has all the tools to be special. Georgia is all over him as well.

DB DJ Pickett - Zephyrhills - Been told he will transfer to Lakeland this spring or during the fall. As I stated in my breakdown FSU was the leader early on. Now they are trying to get back into the picture. You can't just concede players like this. Miami leads for his services but this one is far from over. FSU was in this position early on for Hykeem Williams. You must make a legit run — these types of kids help you win titles.

WR Koby Howard - Chaminade - Howard has the Seminoles on top. Tennessee is also in there for his services. He is now at his third school in three years. This is a concern because once in college does he bail if there is not early playing time? Howard does have the Seminoles in the lead and will visit again. Follow the visits.

DB Gregory Thomas - Plantation American Heritage - FSU leads for Thomas. He is not in my first group of defensive backs. He has size and decent speed. Not as fluid as players like Ben Hanks and Pickett. He is more of a Renardo Green-type corner with probably more size. I project him to move to safety in college.

WR Dallas Wilson - Tampa Bay Tech - I can’t stress this enough. YOU WIN WITH ELITE PLAYERS. Pickett is elite. Dallas Wilson is also elite. He has great hands and runs very good routes. He is also a MAN. He is built like a college receiver right now. He is interested in FSU and I heard him say a visit will happen either for a junior day or this spring.

WR Cortez Mills - Homestead - It will be interesting to see what happens. Mills has not gotten much bigger since his freshman season. That being said he has ELITE hands. He snatches every pass throw his way. Sometimes physical appearances should not matter. He is too good to pass up. He likes FSU. We will find out if they end up liking him.

Drake Stubbs / Jaime Ffrench - I put these together because both are tied to Jones. FSU bought the cow. These guys are the milk. They need to land both players. Ffrench will come down to FSU/Miami. Stubbs - I feel he is a Seminole at this moment. Things can change. They have a legit shot at landing both players.

CB Chris Ewald - Chaminade- Another solid corner. I would not put him in the ELITE category. I do think FSU sits in a good spot for the South Florida native. Should be on campus again soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News