ADVERTISEMENT

Florida May Lift Lockdown Restrictions on May 30th

I agree there has to be a middle ground. Continue to monitor the state line and airports. Unfortunately it won't catch everyone who potentially has the coronavirus but at least it can catch the idiots who were flying into our State while knowing they had it.

How do we enforce trapping those who visit?

Reactions: 12Nole
How do we enforce trapping those who visit?

Are we not already having FHP and FDLE on I-10 and I-95 at state point of entry and national guard units at airports checking tempatures of passengers from inbound flights? Those on the road have to turn around and flight passengers have to self quarantine.

It's not going to stop it all. If Florida sees a spike in cases they (the media) will pin it on beaches being re-open from 6:00am-11:00am. But hey continue to pick up to go food prepared by other people you hope are taking the same precautions as you are to avoid the virus. The beach is way more dangerous. Stupid Floridians.

Reactions: goldmom
Florida's biggest threat isn't Floridians. It's the snowbirds and tourist that will flock our State during the summer months from areas that have reported significant number of cases of COVID-19.

These idiots were knowingly flying into our State from areas with high number of cases and even some who had contracted it and placing Floridians at risk of COVID-19.

But you'll hear from the group think crowd how stupid and dirty Floridians are. But if the narrative keeps them out of our State then I'm all for it.
Not many snowbirds are coming to FL for the summer, it’s the opposite. Unfortunately a huge part of tourism season half of March, April, and prob all of May are down the drain.

Not many snowbirds are coming to FL for the summer, it’s the opposite. Unfortunately a huge part of tourism season half of March, April, and prob all of May are down the drain.

Summer months in Florida don't see an influx of out State families travelling to Florida for vacation?

Anyone in South Florida or who drives down I-95 can attest to the amount of Canadian, NY, Penn, NJ, etc. plates you see on vehicles. They all drive like a bat out of hell trying to be the first in line for the Harry Potter ride. Right down the road from me is the most deadliest stretch of I-95 and guess when the accidents peak.....during the summer.

Stay safe! Wear your mask. Wear your seatbelts. The tourist are coming!

1) Fauci is as much a politician as he is a scientist. This is my opinion. I have read (but CANNOT find any quotes) that he made the same world-ending predictions for HIV-AIDS when it came out. Again, I can't verify, but if he did make those claims, he'd be a strong and solid 0-2 in pandemic predictions.

2) Being out on the beach IMO is not equivalent to being inside a store. I'd be willing to bet that any virus won't travel as well in open air vs recycled AC systems.

3) Take a place like Disney...there is such a high degree of probability that Orlando/the entire state has been more exposed, just due to travel/tourists into and out of the 4 main parks.

4) FLA can be treated a bit differently than NYC. I have read (but not verified) that 1/2 of all deaths have been in NYC and the 5 adjacent counties. So, Hillsborough is NOT NYC. Applications could and should be applied differently.

Summer months in Florida don't see an influx of out State families travelling to Florida for vacation?

Anyone in South Florida or who drives down I-95 can attest to the amount of Canadian, NY, Penn, NJ, etc. plates you see on vehicles. They all drive like a bat out of hell trying to be the first in line for the Harry Potter ride. Right down the road from me is the most deadliest stretch of I-95 and guess when the accidents peak.....during the summer.

No, they don’t. Nothing compared to the winter months. Orlando is a whole different thing but FL’s prime tourism season isn’t the summer for obvious reasons. Of course 12 months a year there will be tourists but less in summer time.

No, they don’t. Nothing compared to the winter months. Orlando is a whole different thing but FL’s prime tourism season isn’t the summer for obvious reasons. Of course 12 months a year there will be tourists but less in summer time.

Yes sir....Eastern Broward County...we have a definitive “Season”...November through Easter...car carriers line up after Easter....our building empties...so do bars and restaurants. This year....everyone blew out of town mid March....this place is a ghost town.

They do?
I don’t know what you do for a living but respectfully I sort of disagree. Now, if you’re talking about a family visiting Disney, okay. But the folks who relocate here from “certain locations” and then love to tell us dumb Southerners how they did it “back there”, then I can live without them or their “funding”.
You tell him Goldie! Give him the Ben-ness! :eek:
I got your funding right here.

You must be in St. John’s County near World Golf Village/210. It’s the most deadly stretch of 95 in the state.

Different demographic altogether.
Summertime is crazier here in our neck of the woods from Amelia Island down to Orlando. Younger with families are here since the kids are out of school. Not a “Bow-ca” crowd at all. And the Redneck Riviera over in the Panhandle has their busy time in summer too.
Naples is a ghost town and so is SoFla/NYSouth/Boca/Palm Beach.

Different demographic altogether.
Summertime is crazier here in our neck of the woods from Amelia Island down to Orlando. Younger with families are here since the kids are out of school. Not a “Bow-ca” crowd at all. And the Redneck Riviera over in the Panhandle has their busy time in summer too.
Naples is a ghost town and so is SoFla/NYSouth/Boca/Palm Beach.
Destin, a town of about 15,000 residents, mushrooms to 300,000 in the summer. You should be there for the mullet throwing, tobacco spitting contest, the cougar mud wrestling, and their ultra thin t-shirt contests.
Budweiser and Bushwackers, Inc. :eek:

I'm in the industry. Vacations rentals and Real Estate. Snowbird season is Dec/Jan-Mar/April. May is slower and then from Memorial Day through Summers' end it is slammed. Peaks and valleys throughout the year. At least here on a Florida coast (St. Augustine/Palm Coast area).
April is a complete loss. We are starting to see early Summer reservations cancelling. However, late Summer we are seeing a few sporadic bookings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT