ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens in a society where you have very few “real” problems. I have mixed feelings about some trans stuff but I’m open minded. This shit is ridiculous. I love the quote about “children leading the way”. Yes, we should all let children lead us bc they’re so wise and have such great perspective on the world.

Our grandparents in the 1950’s thought we would have flying cars by now…

Now look at us. 😂

this-is-an-outrage-adam.gif

All results of a “Godless” world!

We all have beliefs and opinions and here’s mine

I see this as a disbelief in a Creator! Case in point they are basically saying that the Creator ( if there is one) made a mistake

To believe in Almighty God, Jehovah the Creator is to 100% know he does not make mistakes!

Again, science guys it’s my belief and my opinion, and obviously not for everyone

The masculinity-femininity scale, which was non-binary by definition, of the major psychological test of personality was developed in 1956. The gender role scales that expanded that test to allow for greater nuance and complexity were developed in the 80s. None of the gender complexity that has become a hot button topic in the popular media is actually new or controversial in psychology.

Society has many serious, "real" problems; gender is not one of them. This "shit" is not ridiculous; it is just the natural complexity of identity.
A real problem is subjective, I suppose. Children who think they are mythical creatures and want to be validated and “lead” us aren’t a problem in most rational people’s minds.

Validation and normalization are two of the most powerful tools in the mental health profession to reduce suffering and isolation and to increase a sense of well being and self esteem. I think that almost everybody wants to be validated in their experiences and perspectives.
You are validating the person, right? Not the thoughts............
I mean if an 8 year old goes to a psychologists 6th story office and says "I am Superman and I can fly," the psychologist isn't opening the window for him and saying I believe you, you can fly right out this window............................

Hopefully this is not a serious story.
Wouldn't surprise me... people now want to alter their own reality and expect society to accommodate their fantasies.... and if you don't, you're somehow doing them an injustice.

"And it's also humbling to know [children] know more than we do about this topic of being gender expansive," she said during a 2018 talk at the San Francisco Public Library. I have no doubt that your average 11 year old knows more about sexuality and gender than an adult... why wouldn't they?

You are validating the person, right? Not the thoughts............
I mean if an 8 year old goes to a psychologists 6th story office and says "I am Superman and I can fly," the psychologist isn't opening the window for him and saying I believe you, you can fly right out this window............................
^^^^good point.
I'll add why does anyone have to "validate" another person's beliefs. People believe what they want to believe, but to expect others to agree with them, and feeling they've been marginalized if people don't, is absurd. Its like saying, if you don't believe what I believe in, you're mistreating me. Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe.... or... not believe.

This is not what is described in the article.

Ehrensaft did not say that children are believing themselves to be mythical creatures or wanting to lead society. She is using the "gender minotaur" metaphor to reference a person feeling that one part or aspect of themselves is more feminine while another part or aspect is more masculine and that they are a hybrid of masculinity and femininity, overall. She also uses the metaphor of a "gender Prius" to reflect this hybrid nature.

Validation and normalization are two of the most powerful tools in the mental health profession to reduce suffering and isolation and to increase a sense of well being and self esteem. I think that almost everybody wants to be validated in their experiences and perspectives.
Ok thank you for that. I figured I was misreading it.

Reactions: BrainVision
It is serious, and it is consistent with the manner in which gender has been conceptualized within the field of psychology for at least as long as I have been studying it. Modern psychology, and the mental health profession as the applied aspect of the field, does not conceptualize gender, intelligence, or any other complex aspect of identity through a binary or biologically deterministic lens. Identity is complex, individually varied, and constantly developing over the course of person's lifespan in response to experience.
No its not. Its a created problem. Boys and girls its really that simple. If you want to be gay or lesbian fine but it boils down to male and female. You cant be a hybrid or boy in the front and girl (minotaur) in the back that's just dumb. Now by creating terms for this stuff you legitimize it. What's next kitty litter in school bathrooms for the ones that identify as cats? Why cant we concentrate on real problems in society like homelessness, drugs, gun violence and real mental health issues. There's no need to make stuff up to fit a narrative.

Why cant we concentrate on real problems in society like homelessness, drugs, gun violence and real mental health issues. There's no need to make stuff up to fit a narrative.
^^Exactly right.
Compare the impact of the homelessness to trans-gender issues, which has a greater impact on society and which gets the most amount of press, exposure, etc??
These issues are created as smoke screens to divert real attention to what is really going on. Argue over a statue or a trans-athlete in sports, etc, etc. meanwhile the skulduggery and plutocracy continues...
I mean if a person can be a boy in the front and a girl in the back why not?
I think its a like a "gender mullet": business in the front, party in the back.

You made the explicit distinction between gender and sexuality in your post immediately preceding your question. Clearly, you understand and appreciate the difference between these two aspects of identity.

To review: gender is distinct from sex, and both are distinct from sexuality. All three complex aspects of identity manifest on a spectrum, rather than being binary characteristics.
You define it however you want.

^^Exactly right.
Compare the impact of the homelessness to trans-gender issues, which has a greater impact on society and which gets the most amount of press, exposure, etc??
These issues are created as smoke screens to divert real attention to what is really going on. Argue over a statue or a trans-athlete in sports, etc, etc. meanwhile the skulduggery and plutocracy continues...

I think its a like a "gender mullet": business in the front, party in the back.
Were at this point because of the constant need to validate what people think and make it normal. Assign a term to it and we can move on to the next thing. Minotaur, gender fluid, neutral ect... It still boils down to one fact. Your born an man or a woman and you'll die the same way regardless of what drugs, surgeries or terms are created to change that. It was stated perfectly earlier. If a kid identifies as Superman are you going to let them jump off a building?

Reactions: noletaire
I am not defining anything, myself; I am using and sharing the definitions of gender, sex, and sexuality that are standardized and accepted within the academic and healthcare fields that focus on these concepts.
Ok. Like I said your born a man or a woman and you'll die the same way. Whatever you do or call yourself in between cant change that.

If the mental health director for the gender center at one of the best childrens hospitals in the nation, who also is a respected professor at one of the best medical schools in the country, is detached from reality and can not be trusted on the science of gender who can?
Obviously, a random anonymous message board poster.

Hopefully this is not a serious story.
For those of you who are interested in this issue, this is a good article on the changes being made in northern European countries and why:

This part at the bottom:

However, at the same time, at its 2023 Annual Leadership Forum earlier this month, AAP paradoxically reaffirmed its current “transition for all those who want it” affirmative care approach, refusing to acknowledge or consider the problems that have been documented by the recent European systematic reviews and react in real time. Rather than working collaboratively, as the Danish clinicians have suggested in their article, the CEO of the AAP has described a decidedly American-exceptionalism approach: “they engaged in their process, we’re engaging in our process.” And just earlier this week, the official AAP website platformed another article promoting gender transition of minors by two gender clinicians who reassured America’s pediatricians that "affirmation" is beneficial while caution is harmful: “When pediatricians lack knowledge about the needs of transgender and gender-diverse youth, they may default to the “watch and wait” approach. This method is outdated and harmful….” (The article does carry a footnote, "The views expressed in this article are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the American Academy of Pediatrics.)

America was fast to import and accelerate the European approach to treating minors, putting it “on steroids” and adding the scalpel. However, when it comes to reversing course, it intends to take its time. Why AAP staunchly refuses to accept the conclusions of multiple systematic reviews of evidence that found the practice of youth gender transition to either not be clearly beneficial, or net-harmful is unclear. Although the AAP has finally agreed to commission its own systematic review, it has already presaged the review's conclusion, which is that it will support the current pro-affirmation AAP position. In the meantime, thousands of American children and parents continue to be misinformed that science and evidence support the practice of gender transitions for youth who desire them, and that those raising concerns are merely science-deniers spreading “scientific misinformation” at best, and likely ill-intentioned. Therefore, it is not surprising that in America, the debate will continue to be politicized, and may ultimately be adjudicated in the court of law rather than due to the diligence and responsible actions and course corrections of the medical community itself, as is currently underway in Europe.

For those of you who are interested in this issue, this is a good article on the changes being made in northern European countries and why:

This part at the bottom:

However, at the same time, at its 2023 Annual Leadership Forum earlier this month, AAP paradoxically reaffirmed its current “transition for all those who want it” affirmative care approach, refusing to acknowledge or consider the problems that have been documented by the recent European systematic reviews and react in real time. Rather than working collaboratively, as the Danish clinicians have suggested in their article, the CEO of the AAP has described a decidedly American-exceptionalism approach: “they engaged in their process, we’re engaging in our process.” And just earlier this week, the official AAP website platformed another article promoting gender transition of minors by two gender clinicians who reassured America’s pediatricians that "affirmation" is beneficial while caution is harmful: “When pediatricians lack knowledge about the needs of transgender and gender-diverse youth, they may default to the “watch and wait” approach. This method is outdated and harmful….” (The article does carry a footnote, "The views expressed in this article are those of the author, and not necessarily those of the American Academy of Pediatrics.)

America was fast to import and accelerate the European approach to treating minors, putting it “on steroids” and adding the scalpel. However, when it comes to reversing course, it intends to take its time. Why AAP staunchly refuses to accept the conclusions of multiple systematic reviews of evidence that found the practice of youth gender transition to either not be clearly beneficial, or net-harmful is unclear. Although the AAP has finally agreed to commission its own systematic review, it has already presaged the review's conclusion, which is that it will support the current pro-affirmation AAP position. In the meantime, thousands of American children and parents continue to be misinformed that science and evidence support the practice of gender transitions for youth who desire them, and that those raising concerns are merely science-deniers spreading “scientific misinformation” at best, and likely ill-intentioned. Therefore, it is not surprising that in America, the debate will continue to be politicized, and may ultimately be adjudicated in the court of law rather than due to the diligence and responsible actions and course corrections of the medical community itself, as is currently underway in Europe.
But wait... how can this be?? this contradicts a mental health director at the gender center at one of the best children's hospitals in the nation.. and, did I mention, he is a very respected professor at one of the best medical schools in the nation..

Let's see... prescribing hormone therapy and puberty blockers for adolescents who are confused about their gender or sexuality... what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
In the context of this story your right. Minotaur? Boy in front girl in back? Seriously? Thats what this expert came up with?
But wait... how can this be?? this contradicts a mental health director at the gender center at one of the best children's hospitals in the nation.. and, did I mention, he is a very respected professor at one of the best medical schools in the nation..

Let's see... prescribing hormone therapy and puberty blockers for adolescents who are confused about their gender or sexuality... what could possibly go wrong?
All y'all are doing is proving my point, so thanks.

Reactions: 89nole
Well it was reported on fox “news.” It should be treated with all of the seriousness of the old Clinton/Bush pictured with aliens stories from the front page of the National Enquirer from the 90s and early 00s.

Y’all are way to smart for me!

Keep it simple works best for me!

Born with a pecker-your a male

Born with a cooter-your a female

If you add or subtract either of these defining parts you were still born one of these two!!
It may not be simple, but its not complicated, either. Its biology.

People that are biological males or females and want to identify as another sex are suffering from mental illness... that's the complicated part. Another part of the mental illness is their demand to make other people say the desire to identify as the opposite sex or both sexes at once is "normal" so they can be "validated".

People of sound mind are not going to tell a 500 lb man that his weight is normal and healthy... and they're not going to tell a man with a penis who gets breast implants or a man who cuts off his penis and replaces it with a surgically created vagina is "normal".

At birth through age 3 to 4 I would say yes

After that I would say the adolescent is starting to be influenced by ways and things of the world

You know, I really don’t know scientific ways like most of you do, so I won’t act like I do

I look at it from a different viewpoint, and I do try to not be judgmental

Lord knows I fail enough on my own and have no right to judge

With that being said I believe since the fall in the garden we are born into a sinful world and thus into sinful ways

Sorry, that’s the only way I can look at things!

I hope I had an answer in there somewhere

Reactions: seminoles16fan
Y’all are way to smart for me!

Keep it simple works best for me!

Born with a pecker-your a male

Born with a cooter-your a female

If you add or subtract either of these defining parts you were still born one of these two!!

Fantastic

Reactions: Ohio1nole
Which is?
That random message board posters consider themselves to be experts in almost every topic and consider their own opinion to be as valuable, if not more so, than the opinion of actual recognized experts in the field at hand.

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but that does not make that opinion valid. One could be of the opinion that a clear summer sky is the most beautiful green and red polka dot pattern they have ever seen, but that doesn't make that opinion legitimate.

That random message board posters consider themselves to be experts in almost every topic and consider their own opinion to be as valuable, if not more so, than the opinion of actual recognized experts in the field at hand.

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but that does not make that opinion valid. One could be of the opinion that a clear summer sky is the most beautiful green and red polka dot pattern they have ever seen, but that doesn't make that opinion legitimate.
True. Gender Minotaur is the same as a polka dot sky. The minotaur part came from a so called expert. I was pointing out the story and that it was ironically on Fox.

This aspect of the popular discussion on gender is bemusing to me. I can not think of another widely discussed topic; with the exception of, perhaps, climate change; wherein the gap between the general consensus of the scientific and professional community and the opinions of the lay public is so wide.
That in itself should tell us something.

This aspect of the popular discussion on gender is bemusing to me. I can not think of another widely discussed topic; with the exception of, perhaps, climate change; wherein the gap between the general consensus of the scientific and professional community and the opinions of the lay public is so wide.

How does a person decide they are transgender?

Does it come down to their own subjective feelings?

Thanks.

How does a person decide they are transgender?

Does it come down to their own subjective feelings?

Thanks.

I would think you would have to ask a transgender person

Or as flip Wilson used to say “ the devil made me do it”!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT