ADVERTISEMENT

FSU Could Start 4-0 to Start the 2022 Season

Ricky R.

Starter
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2021
Ok, so here it comes. Why I think FSU has a good chance to be 4-0 at the start of the 2022 season.

1. Duquesne. Most think this will be a blow out. I hope it does but that game can tell us a lot about the drive to win in 2022. Last year there was no drive to win early in the season. The players thought
JSU would just lay down and fold to FSU. We see where that got us. No matter what I still think we win but I think it will tell us a lot about the will to win.

2. LSU. This is the one that a lot of people think we have a good chance of losing. I think we have a good chance of winning. Here is why:
Coaching: Ok your going to think I’m crazy but follow my reasoning. I think FSU WINS this category. Coach Novell has already played Brian Kelly even when they had a lot better players than we had and we almost beat them. So now we will face him again but LSU has to learn a new system in a short period of time and this will be their first game. FSU on the other hand will have a game under its belt to work some of the kinks out. Playing at New Orleans will be an advantage for LSU but could also cause mistakes due to being overly excited. If this happens it will be early in the game. I would surely blitz (either run or pass) early to help them do that early in the game. LSU secondary is weak but their strength is their pass rush. I would favor quick passes or screens early to negate the early rush since the will be fired up early. The outside pitch will also help slow them down. A couple 20 yard runs early using our speed with Benson sure would look good.
I think we get out to an early lead and win by 6. The defense will help win it in the second half!!!

3. Louisville. This game really worried me since I expect it to follow a big win and could be a big let down. But thank goodness to some great scheduling we have a week off before the game to get that out of our system. FSU wins but it will still be tight. But we are now 3-0.

4. Boston College. At home with the crowd fired up and stands full. The only way I think BC wins is if they win the turnover battle by at least 2. Look for some big run plays which will open up 2 to 3 long passes. FSU wins by 10.

Anyone else think this is possible? Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News