ADVERTISEMENT

Softball FSU cruises past UCF 5-1, earns a night off in Tallahassee Regional

I've added some quotes to the story from Coach Alameda as well as postgame video interview.

And, yes, I did ask about Makenna Reid but again Alameda is offering up day-to-day response.

Yes. FSU is unbeaten and needs just one win on Sunday. UCF or Auburn would need two wins over FSU (Auburn or UCF will emerge from this late 10:30 pm start on Saturday night).

Auburn got by UCF 2-1 in the 12th, at right about 3am.

Gonna be a rough day for them.

Our reward if we get it done today? At Oklahoma, assuming they don’t do the improbable and drop two to Oregon today.

Reactions: AlyAnn
Auburn got by UCF 2-1 in the 12th, at right about 3am.

Gonna be a rough day for them.

Our reward if we get it done today? At Oklahoma, assuming they don’t do the improbable and drop two to Oregon today.
Did I see correctly that Auburns pitcher Maddie Penta threw all 12 innings last night and threw well over 200 pitches?
I know she is pretty darn good but, that is a lot of pitches when you are playing again 25 hours later.

Both pitchers were over 200 I believe. Was ridiculous.

Sounds cliche, but that’s one where it SUCKS to see either team lose. Outstanding effort on both sides.

Reactions: AlyAnn
Did I see correctly that Auburns pitcher Maddie Penta threw all 12 innings last night and threw well over 200 pitches?
I know she is pretty darn good but, that is a lot of pitches when you are playing again 25 hours later.
Don't think we should see her today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT