ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball FSU prepared for pressure (and perhaps the press) in round 2 vs. No. 3 UNC

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Primo Spears had a front-row seat for Florida State’s game at North Carolina on Dec. 2. It became an uncomfortable vantage point.

The Seminoles built a 14-point lead early in the second half before seeing it slip away as the Tar Heels used a full-court press to rally and take a 78-70 win.

“I got to spectate last time we played them,” said Spears, who at that point was still a few weeks away from being cleared to play. “We had a 14-point lead. I think we match up great. I think our size kind of gives them problems with Baba (Miller) at the 4. They haven’t seen as much size as we have and I think that kind of affected them last time. The press affected us and I think we’ve grown from that moment. I think we’ll learn from that situation.”

What FSU is now compared to what FSU was then is dramatically different. Forward Cameron Corhen (toe) did not play. Jaylan Gainey (knee) played in 13 minutes and contributed four points and a rebound but it was just his second game. Cam’Ron Fletcher (knee) played 15 minutes but was lost for the season late in the afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News