ADVERTISEMENT

FSU Team Vaccination Rate

rshapley

Contributor
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2004
Just curious if anyone knows the vaccination rate of our team? That’s all! Go Noles!!!

Probably won’t get the exact amount but I remember coach Norvell saying they’re still working on getting close to 85%

Heard during ACC Kickoff it was lowest in the conference. Not sure how true that is but I hope it's no longer the case.

Reactions: BigHieb and DAKNOLE
I'm all for everyone having their choice. But, it seems as we are going through the spike, Vaccinated or Unvaccinated are both able to catch covid. Sure, folks can and will argue they get less sick etc... But, in terms of ball games, a positive result is a positive result.

Not to get political, but after what happened to NC State baseball anything less than 85-100% is disappointing. Ole Miss hit 100%
You are aware
Not to get political, but after what happened to NC State baseball anything less than 85-100% is disappointing. Ole Miss hit 100%

You must not realize there were 8 NCST players who tested positive for Covid.
Four had been vaccinated

I have my vaccines and think it’s wise to get them. I also think there should be respect for people who after thoughtful consideration, come to a different conclusion.
As long as an individual is endangering others as a result of not being vaccinated, I respectfully disagree. Under normal circumstances, this would be an excellent opportunity for the team.

Based on vaccinations and those who have had Covid, we should be near the 85% thresholds.
If you’re throwing in those who have had COVID, all but a few from last season caught it. I don’t know how many of the newcomers have had the vaccine or virus, but it really doesn’t matter since the percentage shouldn’t include the infections.

As long as an individual is endangering others as a result of not being vaccinated, I respectfully disagree. Under normal circumstances, this would be an excellent opportunity for the team.
You can still be infected and transmit the virus after vaccination. Being less contagious after the vaccine is only a theory. Thus, unvaccinated are not more dangerous.

You can still be infected and transmit the virus after vaccination. Being less contagious after the vaccine is only a theory. Thus, unvaccinated are not more dangerous.
A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others.

I have my vaccines and think it’s wise to get them. I also think there should be respect for people who after thoughtful consideration, come to a different conclusion.
If it were only the effect on the person that chooses to not get vaccinated, then I would agree. However, it does not affect only the unvaccinated, who serve as human petri dishes for new variants, like Delta and Lambda. Those strains can infect both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

Remind me again.

If the vaccine is so effective (I believe it is) than why are the unvaccinated endangering them? I mean, again, they’re spending millions on campaigns to get folks vaccinated. Once that happens, you’re clear.

If that’s not the case, then don’t push people to vaccinate and focus on treatments.

Seems to be you want it both ways. Everyone must get vaccinated but the unvaccinated are endangering you.

As for these kids, the concern isn’t health. It’s contact tracing and how it impacts the team. Teams will lose games because of contact tracing. But, they’re 18-22 year old healthy kids. They’ll be fine

A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others.
Actually, we’re seeing a growing rate of “breakthrough” infections, leading to the development of boosters and possibly new vaccines.

That said, there is some good evidence that vaccinated hospitalized CoV-2 cases see lower mortality rates than unvaccinated.

I'm all for everyone having their choice. But, it seems as we are going through the spike, Vaccinated or Unvaccinated are both able to catch covid. Sure, folks can and will argue they get less sick etc... But, in terms of ball games, a positive result is a positive result.
Or don’t test and treat symptoms.

Reactions: ferg66
If it were only the effect on the person that chooses to not get vaccinated, then I would agree. However, it does not affect only the unvaccinated, who serve as human petri dishes for new variants, like Delta and Lambda. Those strains can infect both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
Vaxxed people are still getting it and are Petri dishes. They do much better with results statistically but they still get it. And they still pass it.

The mutation issue isn’t a vaxxed or unvaxxed issue.

Actually, we’re seeing a growing rate of “breakthrough” infections, leading to the development of boosters and possibly new vaccines.

That said, there is some good evidence that vaccinated hospitalized CoV-2 cases see lower mortality rates than unvaccinated.
Accumulating evidence indicates that fully vaccinated people without immunocompromising conditions are able to engage in most activities with low risk of acquiring or transmitting SARS-CoV-2.

Data from multiple studies in different countries suggest that people vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine who develop COVID-19 have a lower viral load than unvaccinated people.(41-44) This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission.(45) Two studies from the United Kingdom found significantly reduced likelihood of transmission to household contacts from people infected with SARS-CoV-2 who were previously vaccinated for COVID-19.

Further evidence of the impact of vaccination with Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine has been demonstrated among healthcare workers, with major reductions in SARS-CoV-2 infections among those receiving two doses of COVID-19 vaccine even when community transmission was increasing.

Can we at least agree the the strain this is putting on our hospital systems is very very alarming? God forbid anyone need emergency services these days, covid-related or otherwise

people haven’t stopped having non-covid related emergencies like heart attacks and strokes…

I would encourage you to looking into antibody dependent enhancement and the history of vaccines with coronaviruses.

There is zero reason we should be forcing the vaccine on players or on any kids/young people. We should be focused on targeted vaccination of at risk populations and treatments. This is virus is of very little threat statistically to people under the age of 55 especially those that are healthy. And even if you are sick, there are treatments available that make it plenty manageable and recoverable.

This mass vaccination rollout has been a disaster.

Accumulating evidence indicates that fully vaccinated people without immunocompromising conditions are able to engage in most activities with low risk of acquiring or transmitting SARS-CoV-2.

Data from multiple studies in different countries suggest that people vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine who develop COVID-19 have a lower viral load than unvaccinated people.(41-44) This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission.(45) Two studies from the United Kingdom found significantly reduced likelihood of transmission to household contacts from people infected with SARS-CoV-2 who were previously vaccinated for COVID-19.

Further evidence of the impact of vaccination with Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine has been demonstrated among healthcare workers, with major reductions in SARS-CoV-2 infections among those receiving two doses of COVID-19 vaccine even when community transmission was increasing.
Like Iceland and Israel? Look at the data from India. Natural immunity looks to be FAR more effective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT