ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones Season 5 ep2

iupnole1

Contributor
Aug 30, 2005
That dragon has gotten enormous. Good
Episode. I wonder if this whole season of khaleesi is going to be a struggle with her in mereen? She seems lost in how she wants to rule. Almost has too many ppl telling her what to think possibly and not just sticking with her gut instinct.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by iupnole1:
That dragon has gotten enormous. Good
Episode. I wonder if this whole season of khaleesi is going to be a struggle with her in mereen? She seems lost in how she wants to rule. Almost has too many ppl telling her what to think possibly and not just sticking with her gut instinct.
Perhaps the dwarf can straighten her out. That should be an in interesting combination. I'm wondering when Bryn will show up and what he will be doing, and I look forward to Arya's training too.

I thought it's been by far the most boring 2 episode entry of any season. I no longer care about Khaleesi's story and I've stopped rooting for cersei to be mutilated as its nauseating how long she's been untouched.
Even Tyrion storyline feels random and silly

I'd rather the show just stay north of the wall now.

Hoping for some life to enter the show soon IMHO

Stick with it, the Tyrion, Arya and Cersei stories will get very interesting this season.
I am not going to say more but some of my favorite parts of the books are starting to show up on the show.

Questions so far

1. where's Bran?
2. Where's Rickon?
3. We saw a white walker army. Are they lost? because the crows got back to the wall a lot faster than the white walkers and as we know Sam is probably slower than the white walkers?
4. As far away from Westeros as Arya is, why doesn't she just give up the whole revenge thing? It's tiresome and in a world like that most of the folks will be dead before she gets to them anyway.

And just a comment. I do not like Sansa. Not one bit.

Originally posted by kooterridesagain:
I thought it's been by far the most boring 2 episode entry of any season. I no longer care about Khaleesi's story and I've stopped rooting for cersei to be mutilated as its nauseating how long she's been untouched.
Even Tyrion storyline feels random and silly

I'd rather the show just stay north of the wall now.

Hoping for some life to enter the show soon IMHO

I agree. I didnt care much for the first episode, but I let it go because I thought it would pickup in episode 2. We got a little bit of action with Brienne and Podrick, but that was it. Cersei drives me nuts as well. I cant wait for her to get whats coming to her, but it never seems to happen. I thought that Sansa was starting to turn a corner with the new look and attitude, but shes the same stupid girl. I cant stand any sceen with her in it. They've now been setting up for 2 hours so we better get something good next week.

I think I heard that the Bran storyline was put on hold until near the end of the season.

Originally posted by Random_John:
Questions so far

1. where's Bran?
2. Where's Rickon?
3. We saw a white walker army. Are they lost? because the crows got back to the wall a lot faster than the white walkers and as we know Sam is probably slower than the white walkers?
4. As far away from Westeros as Arya is, why doesn't she just give up the whole revenge thing? It's tiresome and in a world like that most of the folks will be dead before she gets to them anyway.

And just a comment. I do not like Sansa. Not one bit.
You know nothing John Random

Reactions: 44DaCuse44
Slow start if you ask me, nothing is making me hold on to my seat while I wait for the next episode.

I don't know why, but in this show I really like seeing the sexual relationships and how it creates new dynamics between characters etc....it's just something that imo made the show so good in the beginning. Anyone could start banging at anytime, or could be killed. I feel like they really got away from that last season, and it doesn't look like they are making up for it in this season. Maybe things will change further down the road.

We shall see.

Originally posted by DanC78:
Slow start if you ask me, nothing is making me hold on to my seat while I wait for the next episode.

I don't know why, but in this show I really like seeing the sexual relationships and how it creates new dynamics between characters etc....it's just something that imo made the show so good in the beginning. Anyone could start banging at anytime, or could be killed. I feel like they really got away from that last season, and it doesn't look like they are making up for it in this season. Maybe things will change further down the road.

We shall see.
Agreed. I can't wait until Tyrion and Daenerys start banging.

Originally posted by DanC78:

We shall see.
You mean the extended version of those two guys grubbing wasn't good enough :).

I agree though. Sex has been a powerful tool.

I also think the Khaleesi story line can improve if she is able to harness the black dragon now for her use. Following Jon will be fun as well as seeing what Arya will be going through now that she is being mentored by Jag'n. I enjoyed watching Cersi's uncle give her the middle finger.

I think this season you'll see more alliances being formed (Tyrion and Khaleesi, Littlefinger and Sansa, Bron and Jamie).

I have faith it will pick up.

Originally posted by kojak309:
I've seen Brienne off camera. Not bad looking.
dsgstd-nrd.gif

My biggest problem with this show is definitely how many storylines there are. As a result the story at large moves so incredibly slow because each character gets about 10minutes per episode. Heck there are storylines that haven't even been touched in the first two episodes. Just seems to be spread a bit too thin at times. At the rate its going this show could last 10 years by time it's all wrapped up.

To each their own, and maybe it's b/c I've read the books, but I continue to feel that the show can do now wrong. I love every second of it.

I've only read the first book and half of the second, so I don't qualify as a book reader by any means... and I've loved the first 2 episodes so far. It HAS been different in a sense that they're focusing on catching us up and developing the foundation of the season... but I've enjoyed the dialogue and stories.

I did have a total GEEK OUT moment during this past episode when....

(SHOW SPOILER AHEAD - SINCE ITS NOT IN THREAD TITLE)

Stannis offered Jon his legitimacy and to be Lord Jon Stark of Winterfell. That's one of the biggest things I've been rooting for since the Red Wedding went down. But, alas, it's GoT and I only got teased with this.

There will be no Bran in this season. The 4th and 5th books have split the characters storylines. They occur at the same time but each book only covers certain people. The show is doing that also, or at least with his story arc.

I can't stand Dany. I was hoping that Drogon was going to eat her face off.

So fricken slow. It's not the lack of "action" per se, it's the lack of forward momentum. This is the same thing that plagued most of season 3 I think it was, before the explosive ending. That season they moved the plot about 18 inches over the first 9 episodes or whatever, and then pushed it all in the last couple.

You watch an hour like this, and then you can sum up everything that happened in a few sentences, and realize the plot progression is glacial. If you love the characters, that's not a bad thing, you can revel in every little nuance. That's why something like Mad Men works for me. Unfortunately, I'm not compelled by and invested in all the internal psychological nuances of Brienne, Jon Snow, etc.

Khalesi losing her grip on Mereen was notable...that's a pivot in the plot for sure. Otherwise...

Tyrion travelled a little further down the road.
Arya got to the house, wasn't let in, and then was let in after all.
Sansa and Littlefinger are still travelling
Brienne still can't do anything for the girls
Cersei is setting up the cabinet
Jon Snow is now the boss

Holy crap...if this is what they left in, God knows what they cut out. Podrick trying to find a special cheese for a sandwich he really likes?

Maybe it's just not for me. I can handle this type of go-nowhere pace on other shows, but I just don't think they give you much to chew on with these folks (save Tyrion), so there just isn't much to care about when n o t h I n g i s h a p p e n i n g.

Originally posted by Nole Lou:

So fricken slow.  It's not the lack of "action" per se, it's the lack of forward momentum.  This is the same thing that plagued most of season 3 I think it was, before the explosive ending.  That season they moved the plot about 18 inches over the first 9 episodes or whatever, and then pushed it all in the last couple.

You watch an hour like this, and then you can sum up everything that happened in a few sentences, and realize the plot progression is glacial.  If you love the characters, that's not a bad thing, you can revel in every little nuance.  That's why something like Mad Men works for me.  Unfortunately, I'm not compelled by and invested in all the internal psychological nuances of Brienne, Jon Snow, etc.

Khalesi losing her grip on Mereen was notable...that's a pivot in the plot for sure.  Otherwise...

Tyrion travelled a little further down the road.
Arya got to the house, wasn't let in, and then was let in after all.
Sansa and Littlefinger are still travelling
Brienne still can't do anything for the girls
Cersei is setting up the cabinet
Jon Snow is now the boss

Holy crap...if this is what they left in, God knows what they cut out.  Podrick trying to find a special cheese for a sandwich he really likes?

Maybe it's just not for me.  I can handle this type of go-nowhere pace on other shows, but I just don't think they give you much to chew on with these folks (save Tyrion), so there just isn't much to care about when n o t h I n g  i s  h a p p e n i n g.
I sort of agree. The acting and dialogue is still so good but there's so much groundwork that's being laid it can get slow. And I realize that's what makes it great in a lot of ways but really through two hours not a whole lot has happened this season. The build up will be worth it.

So fricken slow. It's not the lack of "action" per se, it's the lack of forward momentum. This is the same thing that plagued most of season 3 I think it was, before the explosive ending. That season they moved the plot about 18 inches over the first 9 episodes or whatever, and then pushed it all in the last couple.

Maybe it's just not for me. I can handle this type of go-nowhere pace on other shows, but I just don't think they give you much to chew on with these folks (save Tyrion), so there just isn't much to care about when n o t h I n g i s h a p p e n i n g.
Should be 90 or 120 minute episodes like on BBC TV. Nothing, not enough, happens in 60 minutes.

Originally posted by RTM58:

Should be 90 or 120 minute episodes like on BBC TV. Nothing, not enough, happens in 60 minutes.
I really agree with this. The length of the episodes really hamstring how much they can move the story along each week, as well as how many storylines they can get into during an episode. Same with Silicon Valley - I wish that was an hour-long show!

Originally posted by Democratic Nole:
Hair style and makeup on a woman can make a huge difference. Here she is in another setting:

ec
Not enough of either IMHO. That's the best of like 4,000 plus pics on the interwebz. and still barely serviceable.

Originally posted by NDallasRuss:
Originally posted by RTM58:

I really agree with this. The length of the episodes really hamstring how much they can move the story along each week, as well as how many storylines they can get into during an episode. Same with Silicon Valley - I wish that was an hour-long show!
+1 on the length, and another +1 for Silicon Valley

For those of you who clamor for more "Action", I hope you are watching Vikings.

So what was the strange disease that the daughter of Stannis had?

I sure hope Jon Snow kills that other dude who wanted to be leader of the wall.

I am really bored with Dany story line. She has an army and can get ships why the hell is she staying in this city?

I'm pretty sure the "disease" was in reference to other dragons (or lineage of dragons). The girl referenced 2 others being killed via beheading when they were much more advanced than she ever was. No idea where it comes from or the implications, besides either Stannis or his wife having some sort of Targeryan in them. Or I could be completely off base (not a book reader).

It's dragonscale. They talked about it in season one. I don't think it's related to lineage.

Seems pontless to put it in there if they didn't have some kind of power though. Maybe immune to fire? Could maybe spoil some of the red womans sinister plans?

It is greyscale, not dragonscale. It isn't a major point, just part of Shirene's character. Nothing to do with dragons

It is greyscale, not dragonscale. It isn't a major point, just part of Shirene's character. Nothing to do with dragons
Correct, I used the wrong term. I think I recalled that because they compared the affect on the skin as making it like dragon scales.

It may or may not have more meaning in the story, but so far I think it's just back story for the little girl and her isolated situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT