ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones: Season 7 Finale

I'm in the Tyrion-loves (at least lusts for)-Dany crew. Don't recall seeing him at a brothel lately, let alone in a relationship with the woman whose name I can't remember right now.

As for Littlefinger's fate, it's just one more example of how the men of Westeros underestimate the women of Westeros. Littlefinger thought he was plucking their strings. Nope.

Think they show the scene again with Maggy the Frog reading Cersei's future but add in the final part about the valenqor? Saw where last night someone thought that was why they showed Jaime's hand on the scene with him leaving King's Landing and also why the show dressed Cersei with the high necked costumes this year to draw the viewer's eyes to her neck.

I didn't catch that last night, but my wife and I were doing some fall cleaning (i.e. Drinking the remnants of alcohol bottles to clear shelf space for new ones for the upcoming college football season). Makes sense though.

Tyrion would never choose to aid Cersei. I guess he is just love struck, like every man that has had contact with Dany. At first I thought it was Jorah. Weird scene.

Tyrion would never choose to aid Cersei. I guess he is just love struck, like every man that has had contact with Dany. At first I thought it was Jorah. Weird scene.
Wait?! That wasn't Jorah? I guess I assumed it was Jorah. Will have to go back and look at that again. Tyrion doesn't make much sense at this time.

I'm in the Tyrion-loves (at least lusts for)-Dany crew. Don't recall seeing him at a brothel lately, let alone in a relationship with the woman whose name I can't remember right now.

As for Littlefinger's fate, it's just one more example of how the men of Westeros underestimate the women of Westeros. Littlefinger thought he was plucking their strings. Nope.

There is the prophecy regarding Dany, "three treasons will you know, once for blood and once for gold and once for love."

The treason for blood was the witch Mirri who tricked Dany into exchanging a life for Khal Drogo's only to find that deal was sour as the life was her unborn son and Khal Drogo lived but Dany later killed him out of mercy as he lived but with no intellect. The witch betrayed Dany because her city had been sacked by the Dothraki. The treason for gold is Daario and the Golden Company. For tv only watchers they probably didn't even catch that Cersei turned Daario against Dany because the tv character was recast and not really that big of a deal really while in the book he was one of Dany's big romances. And now he's on Cersei's side despite or because he was being left Behind in Essos to maintain control over her cities there.

So the treason for love is the only one not yet committed. The two lead contenders would be Tyrion and Jorah although it could be Jon in a round about way.

Littlefinger's death was probably the most satisfying of the series. His face when Sansa said his name was amazing.

Littlefinger_Eyes_gif.gif

Dario is the leader of The Second Sons though. He's still so miffed that Dany left him behind, that he'll join the Golden Company to betray her and help Cercei? That is some weak sauce.

Well if Daario doesn't end up being the treason for gold then I don't think there's another logical person to match that betrayal. The only one that is very clear is the treason for blood being Mirri. There are some who say the treason for gold already happened with either Jorah (but that had already happened by the time Dany was at the tower so it's not much of a prophecy) or one of or multiple of the Masters. But I don't buy either of those. It basically has to be Daario.

I'm hoping that the final straw that leads to Jaime killing Cersei is that they're arguing about a bunch of other psycho stuff she's done, and then she throws out that she's not really pregnant, and he loses his mind.
Was thinking along these lines. Also, it is never good TV to kill a mother and her unborn child.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Does it strike anyone else as unfair that Brandon Stark's visions are "admissible" in a "trial?"

I mean I realize they, in fact, ARE accurate… But no one else knows that.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Does it strike anyone else as unfair that Brandon Stark's visions are "admissible" in a "trial?"

I mean I realize they, in fact, ARE accurate… But no one else knows that.

That would be acceptable for the time. Even in early colonial America "spectral evidence" was allowed in trials.

"Spectral evidence refers to a witness testimony that the accused person's spirit or spectral shape appeared to him/her witness in a dream at the time the accused person's physical body was at another location. It was accepted in the courts during the Salem Witch Trials. The evidence was accepted on the basis that the devil and his minions were powerful enough to send their spirits, or specters, to pure, religious people in order to lead them astray.In spectral evidence, the admission of victims' conjectures is governed only by the limits of their fears and imaginations, whether or not objectively proven facts are forthcoming to justify them. [State v. Dustin, 122 N.H. 544, 551 (N.H. 1982)]."

That would be acceptable for the time. Even in early colonial America "spectral evidence" was allowed in trials.

"Spectral evidence refers to a witness testimony that the accused person's spirit or spectral shape appeared to him/her witness in a dream at the time the accused person's physical body was at another location. It was accepted in the courts during the Salem Witch Trials. The evidence was accepted on the basis that the devil and his minions were powerful enough to send their spirits, or specters, to pure, religious people in order to lead them astray.In spectral evidence, the admission of victims' conjectures is governed only by the limits of their fears and imaginations, whether or not objectively proven facts are forthcoming to justify them. [State v. Dustin, 122 N.H. 544, 551 (N.H. 1982)]."
Wow. Who knew?

I don't believe the Magna Carta has been created and signed yet.

Just kidding. It would be very easy for Bran to go around the room and prove his abilities though. Sansa and Arya both dang sure knew that Bran has the goods. I am just happy that the show finally put Bran to use in the story and also did it three times in the Episode (trial, R+L=J, seeing Eastwatch).

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I don't believe the Magna Carta has been created and signed yet.

Just kidding. It would be very easy for Bran to go around the room and prove his abilities though. Sansa and Arya both dang sure knew that Bran has the goods. I am just happy that the show finally put Bran to use in the story and also did it three times in the Episode (trial, R+L=J, seeing Eastwatch).
On the last point, I read an article today that posited that Bran merely witnessed what was to come at Eastwatch...not what actually happened (yet). That could make sense b/c it would be a huge missed opportunity (since no one knows the Night King has a dragon yet) to not strategically pick off a whole bunch of wights and possibly some white walkers from the top of the Wall.

Also, as an aside, no matter how badass a zombie dragon is, multiple zombie giants are still wicked cool!

On the last point, I read an article today that posited that Bran merely witnessed what was to come at Eastwatch...not what actually happened (yet).

I thought when they showed Bran sitting by the Weirwood that he was warging through the crows that were at Eastwatch (since they showed the crows flying and also perched on The Wall) so that it was real-time but it could be the future.

Reactions: fsugrad06
There is the prophecy regarding Dany, "three treasons will you know, once for blood and once for gold and once for love."

The treason for blood was the witch Mirri who tricked Dany into exchanging a life for Khal Drogo's only to find that deal was sour as the life was her unborn son and Khal Drogo lived but Dany later killed him out of mercy as he lived but with no intellect. The witch betrayed Dany because her city had been sacked by the Dothraki. The treason for gold is Daario and the Golden Company. For tv only watchers they probably didn't even catch that Cersei turned Daario against Dany because the tv character was recast and not really that big of a deal really while in the book he was one of Dany's big romances. And now he's on Cersei's side despite or because he was being left Behind in Essos to maintain control over her cities there.

So the treason for love is the only one not yet committed. The two lead contenders would be Tyrion and Jorah although it could be Jon in a round about way.
It could be said that the betrayal for gold was when her handmaid and Xaro were going to sell her dragons (she found out and stuck them in the vault).

Dont think Dario is going to sell her out. He is back in Essos ruling for her and is also in a competing sellsword group with the Gold Company.

Think Tyrion's look in the hallway was that Dany and Jon just opened a new can of worms that he wasnt ready for. Doubt he betrays Dany, he's all in for her team.

I thought when they showed Bran sitting by the Weirwood that he was warging through the crows that were at Eastwatch (since they showed the crows flying and also perched on The Wall) so that it was real-time but it could be the future.
Hmmm...yeah you may be right. I'm going to watch the whole episode again tonight. I'll pay closer attention.

Well if Daario doesn't end up being the treason for gold then I don't think there's another logical person to match that betrayal. The only one that is very clear is the treason for blood being Mirri. There are some who say the treason for gold already happened with either Jorah (but that had already happened by the time Dany was at the tower so it's not much of a prophecy) or one of or multiple of the Masters. But I don't buy either of those. It basically has to be Daario.

Treason for Gold could be her Handmaiden from way back who gave her dragons to the leaders of Qarth in exchange for marrying the one and receiving wealth. This was the guy with the empty vault.

Treason for Gold could be her Handmaiden from way back who gave her dragons to the leaders of Qarth in exchange for marrying the one and receiving wealth. This was the guy with the empty vault.
Right. Xaro Xoandaxes, as mentioned a few posts above. I think that would be the one too.

Right. Xaro Xoandaxes, as mentioned a few posts above. I think that would be the one too.

Yeah, I commented before I read the whole thread. That is the only gold treachery I can think of. But was that ever mentioned in the show or only from the book?

And Tormund my man. You made jokes about being the Nights Watch now. Do you not understand what that means? Where is arsenal of dragon glass arrows? They are completely unprepared even if there wasn't an ice dragon.

Reactions: dmm5157
On the last point, I read an article today that posited that Bran merely witnessed what was to come at Eastwatch...not what actually happened (yet). That could make sense b/c it would be a huge missed opportunity (since no one knows the Night King has a dragon yet) to not strategically pick off a whole bunch of wights and possibly some white walkers from the top of the Wall.

I'm pretty sure he was warging in the crows. I've not seen anything that says Bran has the ability to see the future. We have seen that he can see into the past and even potentially manipulate the past at points (ie. Hodor), and we know he can see things going on as they happen, but has there been any point in which he can view the future?

Reactions: LesClaypool
I'm pretty sure he was warging in the crows. I've not seen anything that says Bran has the ability to see the future. We have seen that he can see into the past and even potentially manipulate the past at points (ie. Hodor), and we know he can see things going on as they happen, but has there been any point in which he can view the future?
I think you're probably right. I just thought it was an interesting theory...but come to think of it, I don't think there has been any confirmation or suggestion that Bran can see the future.

I really liked Yara's character for a while there when she took over the Iron Islands and it looked like she was going to be doing some hardcore butt-kicking stuff. Then all that kinda faded away though.

I wanted to see the foreign invasion but Euron ruined it...

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Wait?! That wasn't Jorah? I guess I assumed it was Jorah. Will have to go back and look at that again. Tyrion doesn't make much sense at this time.

I took it as Tyrion realizing that he's now got an unwanted element to have to deal with/strategize around...love/lust. We already saw the way that Jon's impetuous pledging himself to Dany screwed up all their plans in the meeting. I think Tyrion was just thinking..."crap, if this wasn't treacherous enough already..."

It's also possible that he had himself in mind for succession somehow, hence the conversation in the previous episode, and that's out the window.

On the other hand...I thought Tyrion was sort of leading Dany to Jon and making babies via that conversation and a couple other remarks. So he could have just been sort of making sure for himself that Jon was..um, "solidifying the alliance". That, and a little twinge, because he, like every man, has fallen in love with her at least a little.

Reactions: HulaNole
I took it as Tyrion realizing that he's now got an unwanted element to have to deal with/strategize around...love/lust. We already saw the way that Jon's impetuous pledging himself to Dany screwed up all their plans in the meeting. I think Tyrion was just thinking..."crap, if this wasn't treacherous enough already..."

It's also possible that he had himself in mind for succession somehow, hence the conversation in the previous episode, and that's out the window.

On the other hand...I thought Tyrion was sort of leading Dany to Jon and making babies via that conversation and a couple other remarks. So he could have just been sort of making sure for himself that Jon was..um, "solidifying the alliance". That, and a little twinge, because he, like every man, has fallen in love with her at least a little.

I'm not certain where they're going with Tyrion right now. I think they're wanting us to start doubting him a little bit just like they had us doubting Arya so we'll be happier when he does something heroic. I'll be angry if they do turn him into a heel. But there is that small since that something is up with him since they never showed us the rest of his conversation with Cersei. He talked so much about how much he loved the children and blamed himself for their deaths, I could see him being tempted to turn so that he can protect one child after failing the others.

I thought it was a given that Bran sees the future too(not just when plugged into the tree) , but he's just not sure how to manipulate it. Yet

I thought it was a given that Bran sees the future too(not just when plugged into the tree) , but he's just not sure how to manipulate it. Yet

That would be interesting but I don't think we've been given anything to say he can do that. He didn't mention it when explaining what the three eyed raven was to Sam. He said present and past.

Also re Cersei's pregnancy. That woman has drank wine in every scene she's been in. Up until she said she was preggo. Cersei just isn't going to quit drinking unless she's really pregnant haha.

No kidding! With all that wine mixed in with a lot of inbreeding they will probably end up in Hogtown going to uf.

Let's not forget that Tyrion waved Dany off of marrying her boytoy before she invaded, saying she needed to keep herself available for an alliance. That was sound advice, but it remains to be seen if it was sound advice given for the purpose of keeping the field clear for himself. If so, that might explain the facial expression.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT