ADVERTISEMENT

Gator LB from last year's team arrested for felony sexual assault and kidnapping

Kidnapping? Assault?

Isn't this indecent exposure and just being an a-hole? Not defending his actions, but that's like saying pointing a gun at someone is the same as pulling the trigger. This kinda crap would happen in high school and was chalked up to a jerk getting what he deserved.

Kidnapping? Assault?

Isn't this indecent exposure and just being an a-hole? Not defending his actions, but that's like saying pointing a gun at someone is the same as pulling the trigger. This kinda crap would happen in high school and was chalked up to a jerk getting what he deserved.

Kidnapping was when he refused to allow her to leave through intimidation and blocking the door. Sexual assault was the unwanted touching of her rump after she already expressed she wanted to go. So it's not overcharging in my book. I'm sure it will be pled down.

Kidnapping was when he refused to allow her to leave through intimidation and blocking the door. Sexual assault was the unwanted touching of her rump after she already expressed she wanted to go. So it's not overcharging in my book. I'm sure it will be pled down.
Sounds like sexual harassment. I guess to me, it degrades actual "assault". It's like getting a brain-duster from your dad for not paying attention and he gets charged with child abuse.

I'm not making excuses...guy was in the wrong. I just don't agree with extreme charges.

Dude tried to rape her. The fact that he gave up after getting kicked in the balls just made him a quitter along with an attempted rapist. So...a typical Gator.

Sounds like sexual harassment. I guess to me, it degrades actual "assault". It's like getting a brain-duster from your dad for not paying attention and he gets charged with child abuse.

I'm not making excuses...guy was in the wrong. I just don't agree with extreme charges.
So some dude gets your daughter in his room, locks the door, pulls his pants down down, grabs her and physically keeps her from leaving. You're calling that sexual harassment?

It appears that way to many athletes and celebrities feel entitled and that you should never say no to them; because of who they are. While I am sure this is common across most major athletic programs; it seems some places have a bigger issue than others. IMO it is how we have put the college athlete onto such a high pedestal and don't hold them to account as we would regular people. It is really pathetic and you can look at many universities lately and find this type of issue. uf has had a bunch of these and the OU situation comes to mind as well.

Just because he lost doesn't make him any less guilty. Exposing himself to a women is bad enough, not allowing her to leave shows clear intent.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT