ADVERTISEMENT

Geocaching?

Is it like that Pokemon game where people were wandering around like zombies with their phones and getting hit by cars?

Reactions: seminoleed
Is it like that Pokemon game where people were wandering around like zombies with their phones and getting hit by cars?
No. I don’t know what the Pokemon Go all entails but most geocaches are out of town in public lands/parks, at least the ones we go for are. There are some in the city as well. It basically adds a twist/challenge to hiking. You have an app that uses gps to get you within +/- 16 feet of a cache. Then you search for the capsule….

No. I don’t know what the Pokemon Go all entails but most geocaches are out of town in public lands/parks, at least the ones we go for are. There are some in the city as well. It basically adds a twist/challenge to hiking. You have an app that uses gps to get you within +/- 16 feet of a cache. Then you search for the capsule….
I checked it out on google. Looks pretty cool. I'm going to try one on the bicycle this weekend.

I checked it out on google. Looks pretty cool. I'm going to try one on the bicycle this weekend.
Keep in mind some are very easy to find while others are very hard. We have a rails to trails trail nearby and there are some all over on it. Walked 4.5 miles and found 11 caches on a beautiful Sunday morning…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT