ADVERTISEMENT

GG Allin Documentary

NoleInNC

Star Player
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2002
Saw a documentary on GG Allin yesterday. I knew the stories but holy cow what a nut job. Seeing the video footage of shows. Wow. He and his family and the band. Cuckoo for coco puffs.

I might be surprised to hear that if I had ever heard of this person.

Let's play a game. There are probably many others who don't know who this person is. Without looking it up, guess who this person is.

I'm going with a high stakes gambler who got the nickname because he will bet everything he owns without thinking twice. By the original post, I am guessing that he is in a band with other gamblers who play gigs to make ends meet when they go bust.

I know who he is. He was sort of an urban legend in the early 90s, pre-internet era. What was the documentary? I do find his story car-crash captivating.

Let's play a game. There are probably many others who don't know who this person is. Without looking it up, guess who this person is.

I'm going with a high stakes gambler who got the nickname because he will bet everything he owns without thinking twice. By the original post, I am guessing that he is in a band with other gamblers who play gigs to make ends meet when they go bust.
I'm familiar with the name, but don't know more than that. I was going to guess he was a pioneering tv producer/host who was behind shows like Candid Camera or Laugh-in. Judging by other posts it looks like he was a musician.

Im going with a schizophrenic shrimp boat captain that purposely capsized onto a uninhabited bahamian cay and built a spaceship out of driftwood, manned with a crew of iguanas, which he had named and lived with as family for 20 yrs.

We're talking about GG Allin not Mcguyver.

When you have to Google some of the terms he's known for, like coprophagia ...

Yeah, I didn't know who he was until just now. I'm not a punk rock fan. Metal, yes. Punk rock, pass.

When you have to Google some of the terms he's known for, like coprophagia ...

Yeah, I didn't know who he was until just now. I'm not a punk rock fan. Metal, yes. Punk rock, pass.
Dude was nuts for sure. Pretty crazy upbringing that must've played a huge part of his personality. I mean the guys was named Jesus Christ at birth, wanted to kill himself on stage, ate my username and bragged about having sex with dogs. I remember reading about him yrs ago (it might have been in here) and looking at his google images and being like

spVrM.gif

Saw a documentary on GG Allin yesterday. I knew the stories but holy cow what a nut job. Seeing the video footage of shows. Wow. He and his family and the band. Cuckoo for coco puffs.
Was it the documentary from the 90s, Hated, or the new one? I loved Hated, and I rewatch it every time it shows up on one of the streaming services. I have yet to see the new one.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
GG Allin All in the Family was the name of it. Fairly recent I believe. Was on Showtime over the weekend.

Reactions: FSU_UCLA
Yeah watched a youtube clip a few years ago. He took a watery poop on stage (while performing naked) then got on his knees and licked it up.

Insert That's Enough Internet For The Day gif.

Dumping in his hand and throwing poo fastballs in to the crowd was his go to move

Watched it last night. A little amateurish, but some interesting stuff. Getting to know the mother of someone like that is interesting.

Hard to figure Allin. Easy to say he was just nuts. But maybe, he wasn't as crazy as he seemed. Maybe he just realized he had a capacity for repulsive behavior and realized that it would be the ticket to way more fame than his total lack of talent would otherwise allow. They do make the point that he was a master of promotion.

Just watched Bite It You Scum, realll nice lead in to the Houston game

Wikipedia lists one of his acts as "DeeDee Ramone".

Seems doubtful since the Ramones are basically 1950's teen-pop with longer hair and louder guitars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT