ADVERTISEMENT

Glennon refuses to use Jameis Winston's name

The headline of that article throws Glennon under the bus. I can understand his unhappiness - hell, I'd think badly of the guy if he wasn't pissed that they drafted his replacement.
I'm far more bothered by the somewhat negative comments from the team's center. He comes across as an absolute idiot, especially since his future is very much tied to how well he works with the new QB. If there are struggles between them, the odds of who wins out in a dispute favor Winston 100 to 0.

he's been a buc a year too, winston knows how to take over a locker room, the rookies all love him and a week into camp everyone else will too. guys gravitate to winston and he is good at winning guys over without pissing people off. he's gonna fit in fine and anyone that has a problem with it will be weeded out

I quickly read through the article. I could have missed all of it, but it seemed like there was just one paragraph and quote about/from Glennon about JW. Was there repeated use of the pronoun by Glennon? I didn't recall seeing that there were.

I imagine Glennon might not be a happy camper at this point after the Bucs reportedly tried to trade him, didn't, and now he will be backup once again this time to a rookie.

JW is more than likely the better QB, but IMO Glennon has really been mishandled during his time in Tampa in particular when Schiano was HC.

If they can't trade him, cut him, plain and simple. JW will bring some shitty baggage with him, but everyone knew what he was bringing to Tampa with him. One of JW's strength's is his leadership and it appears that a few "vets" are already are threatened by this or just flat taken a back, but either way, if Glennon isn't going to be part of a team, get rid of him.

Glennon and his brother are both babies. His job is toast and the center probably can start calculating the league pension about now. TB is heading in a different direction than the "Bucs Way" thankfully.

I did have to laugh at the last line in the article. Screw learning the Bucs way, it sucks.

Silliest part of this to me is Jameis said that he wanted to learn from the existing leadership on the team at his welcoming PC; which makes Glennon's comments even more silly and childish. As others have said, Glennon ain't long for this team.

I think the center is just trying to protect him a little by suggesting he's pouty because of how poorly he was handled by the last coaching staff.

Glennon was a middle of the pack qb from a lower ranked ACC team whose main claim to fame is that he beat the Noles
in a game that FSU was expected to dominate. His contributions to the Bucs are pedestrian at best. He was lucky enough to be drafted at a time when there was a dearth of highly rated qb's in his draft class. To say that he is a good backup is generous. His best move is to accept his role and try to get along with a guy who is widely expected to be the face of the franchise. If Glennon even makes the final cut, it will be a surprise.

Last edited:
I think he makes a serviceable backup for most teams. He's got a future in the league, but only at that role. If he plays his cards right, he can make some ok money for simply holding a clip board for a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT