ADVERTISEMENT

Gonna be in Nashville TN

Make sure you go to Biscuit Love for breakfast one day. One of the best breakfast spots I've ever been to.

Have you Nashville residents tried the Cochon Butcher outpost? It one of my favorite eateries in NOLA and was wondering how this endeavor was doing.

http://www.cochonbutcher.com/nashville

Hey, Fiji - I invited a client there for lunch on Thursday. Simple menu, but really good. Looks like they have a full bar, so I assume it's a nightspot as well. It's in a trendy area near downtown (Germantowm Market).

Second week in December for sales meeting. Any good restaurant suggestions?
Puckett's downtown is really good. Not sure where you are going but we've got a couple of AirBNB units up there within blocks of Vanderbilt if you still need a place to stay.

Puckett's downtown is really good. Not sure where you are going but we've got a couple of AirBNB units up there within blocks of Vanderbilt if you still need a place to stay.
Thanks but we had to book through the company. 21 of us so I guess they want us all together

Let me know what you think of the new Martin's BBQ downtown the next time you're up that way.

Hey, Fiji - I invited a client there for lunch on Thursday. Simple menu, but really good. Looks like they have a full bar, so I assume it's a nightspot as well. It's in a trendy area near downtown (Germantowm Market).

Good to hear. The one in New Orleans is fantastic. Probably the best muff in the city. I am over there this week, but have to eat healthier these days.

Pucketts is awesome! We had brunch there the last time we were in town. Highly recommend.

Reactions: CobNole
Here's some pics pulled off google images to show the what I was saying about Mammoth versus Jenolan.

1) Mammoth has lots of "rooms" with very little formations, just broken rocks and what formations do exist are a bland tan/light brown color.

Mammoth-Cave-National-Park-3.jpg

Mammoth-Cave-Park-in-Kentucky1.jpg

54a34a0991bc5aa5fecdda201c075ea5.jpg

5d15c39f413ce1e8455845a6b7ae246c.jpg

Meanwhile Jenolan looks like this

jenolan-caves-cavern.jpg

550.jpg

jenolan-caves-mini.jpg

Jenolan_Caves_Imperial_Cave_2.jpg

Jenolan_Caves_Imperial_Cave_2.jpg

And in Waitomo aka "Glow Worm" caves the formations aren't as cool as Jenolan (although the same or better than Mammoth) but the entire cave system has millions upon millions of glowworm (actually a creepy spidery thing that only looks amazing from afar)

45928efde2badcc8323199e82de89374.jpg

waitomo-caves-glowworms-from-boat_1024x768.jpg

1109-2853.jpg

You should check out the Sckocjan and Postojna caves in Slovenia. Two different places, both within an hour of the capital.

skocjan-cave_slovenia.jpg

postojna_cave04.jpg

Lake Bled is not far either.

IX8A7356.jpg

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Wow! Looks like Lord of the Rings!

yeah, there are two caves. Skockjan is all climbing, but its like that tunnel in Lord of the Rings. Huge grand canyon like abyss in parts. Postojna is about 20 minutes away and had a long underground train and lots of variety. Its a little more on the commercial side but there is a lot to it. The capital, Lubjiana, is like a mini-Vienna or mini-Prague and is about 20 min away. Lake Bled is about about an hour north. Trieste Italy, on the coast, is 20 minutes away, and Venice maybe an hour. Zabreb about 2 hours the other direction. Croatia has a cool national park with all sorts of lakes and waterfalls called Plitvice that we didn't have time for - we stopped in Zagreb for the night and continued on to Budapest, but its the sort of thing you'd be interested in.

yeah, there are two caves. Skockjan is all climbing, but its like that tunnel in Lord of the Rings. Huge grand canyon like abyss in parts. Postojna is about 20 minutes away and had a long underground train and lots of variety. Its a little more on the commercial side but there is a lot to it. The capital, Lubjiana, is like a mini-Vienna or mini-Prague and is about 20 min away. Lake Bled is about about an hour north. Trieste Italy, on the coast, is 20 minutes away, and Venice maybe an hour. Zabreb about 2 hours the other direction. Croatia has a cool national park with all sorts of lakes and waterfalls called Plitvice that we didn't have time for - we stopped in Zagreb for the night and continued on to Budapest, but its the sor of thing you'd be interested in.

It's only because of your posts that I have interest in going to that area. I'm sure I'll end up going in the next five years or so. I'm still planning on doing a "Game of Thrones" style tour at Dubrovnic and Malta in the immediate future (6 mos to a 1 yr) and want to do Portugal and the White Villages probably after that. But your trip is probably third up unless we go to Japan in betweeen all of the European trips.

It's only because of your posts that I have interest in going to that area. I'm sure I'll end up going in the next five years or so. I'm still planning on doing a "Game of Thrones" style tour at Dubrovnic and Malta in the immediate future (6 mos to a 1 yr) and want to do Portugal and the White Villages probably after that. But your trip is probably third up unless we go to Japan in betweeen all of the European trips.

I have heard great things about Dubrovnik and the entire Dalmation coast. Zagreb was interesting because it was different but not exceptional; it was just a convenient stop between Lubjiana and Budapest. Malta is not really convenient to those unless you are flying Wizz Air out of Budapest or something. What we did is drove from Vienna to Salzburg, stopping at Lake Halstatt along the way, then from Salzburg to Lubjiana, stopping at Lake Bled along the way, then to Zagreb then to Budapest. Salzburg was the least intersesting and the drives between cities, especially the lakes and the caves, where the highlight. Pic of Lake Halstaat below. Would have liked to driven further into the Alps between Salburg and Munich, and the Julian Alps west of Slovenia.

hallstatt-austria-1920x1080.jpg

I have heard great things about Dubrovnik and the entire Dalmation coast. Zagreb was interesting because it was different but not exceptional; it was just a convenient stop between Lubjiana and Budapest. Malta is not really convenient to those unless you are flying Wizz Air out of Budapest or something. What we did is drove from Vienna to Salzburg, stopping at Lake Halstatt along the way, then from Salzburg to Lubjiana, stopping at Lake Bled along the way, then to Zagreb then to Budapest. Salzburg was the least intersesting and the drives between cities, especially the lakes and the caves, where the highlight. Pic of Lake Halstaat below. Would have liked to driven further into the Alps between Salburg and Munich, and the Julian Alps west of Slovenia.

hallstatt-austria-1920x1080.jpg

What time of year were you there?

mid to late August.

Budapest was hot. the rest was fine. The caves are a constant 52 degrees if i recall correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT