ADVERTISEMENT

GoT: 5-7 the gift

nolelan

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Riverview
i thought it was an ok episode. i am glad there was a ghost sighting, I don't even remember the last time he was on the show. Good for Sam for standing his ground and getting back up after the beating he got. He was well rewarded.....
Has there ever been a poison antidote that worked instantaneously like the one Bronn took?
That is the one sand snake that I wouldn't say no too.... It will be interesting how that story progresses.
Tirion getting to Danyarius already was a bit of a let down. Once again they are shortening his story a lot. Mormont can go away now, his character is boring.
Very predictable that Theon/reek would betray Sansa. I do think Theon will kill Ramsey eventually but the time is not right. Also very predictable that something bad is going to happen to Stannis's daughter.
Cersei is finally getting a bit of what she deserves. I am curious to see if they handle it the same way they did it in the books. I thought they set up that scene well.

The lack of any progress on the season has been frustrating. Nothing has happened at all.

Also that Sand Snake is only 19.

The lack of any progress on the season has been frustrating. Nothing has happened at all.

Also that Sand Snake is only 19.
I actually think they are rushing and missing a lot of the story that was cool in the books. Just a different perspective I guess.

Soooooooooo sloooow.....19 year old saved the show....another 5 second she may have saved the season

Well now we know how she got cast. It certainly wasn't her acting or fighting abilities, those were awful.

Reactions: peezy28
First half of episode was slow. Second have was excellent. Can't wait for the final 3 this season

Excellent episode, as usual.

Glad Bronn's still with us, I thought he was a goner there for a second.

Viva la Ghost!!

This is from last week, but you have to watch this. Lol'd several times, this girl is hilarious.

The most annoying thing this season has been the infatuation with the dark room scenes. I get it. There's no electricity. Please light it so it is watchable.

23 episodes or 33 episodes left?

Holy not safe for work video batman! Silly woman thinking there is going to be a happy ending!

I got up and walked away from the Sam and Gilly scene. I was so mad that at the thought Gilly would be raped. And then BOOM, in comes Ghost. But why in name of Stark is he not out with Jon. Makes zero sense.

Hooray for Cersei!

Gratuitous boobs were gratuitous.

RIP Aemon Targaryen. I loved Sam's speech.

Although a big change, I'm eager to see what happens with Dany, Jorah, and Tyrion. Anything to make Dany more interesting!

Reactions: peezy28
Holy not safe for work video batman! Silly woman thinking there is going to be a happy ending!

I got up and walked away from the Sam and Gilly scene. I was so mad that at the thought Gilly would be raped. And then BOOM, in comes Ghost. But why in name of Stark is he not out with Jon. Makes zero sense.

Hooray for Cersei!

Gratuitous boobs were glorious.

Although a big change, I'm eager to see what happens with Dany, Jorah, and Tyrion. Anything to make Dany more interesting!

Agreed on the above.

The stuff with Cersei made the past two episodes more palatable.

Sam was beaten to a bloody pulp, and in agony, but still was able to let Gilly pleasure him. Well played.

Finally good to see Ghost.

Now that Dany refuses to show any skin it was nice to see some beautiful breasts. Show needs more gratitutious sex.

Happy to see Cersei get some retribution. She is one evil woman. Will be interested to see how all this plays out.

Finally Tyrion meets Dany. That whole story line can finally more somewhere.

Hooray for Cersei!

Pretty much agree. Boy, they are really leaning into the rape criticism. I get that it is part of that world (any world of course), but they sure do go to it (or the threat of it) easy and often.

I didn't think there was any chance in hell she would get raped based on the way Sansa was treated at the end of last week's episode, so very little drama in that for me. No idea why Ghist isn't with Jon either, maybe it wouldn't go over well with the Wildlings?

Hooray for Cersei!

Yep, I knew she was screwed when they put her scene AFTER Tyrion's announcement to Dany.

Definitely. I was pleasantly surprised.

Loved this character too, sad to see him go. Sam did an awesome job. His watch has ended!

Can't wait to see Tyrion/Dany interaction develop. Another reason they need to replace the actress playing Dany. You aren't that important to all of a sudden you can't show your boobs on the show. Give me a break.

i thought it was an ok episode. i am glad there was a ghost sighting, I don't even remember the last time he was on the show. Good for Sam for standing his ground and getting back up after the beating he got. He was well rewarded.....
Has there ever been a poison antidote that worked instantaneously like the one Bronn took?
That is the one sand snake that I wouldn't say no too.... It will be interesting how that story progresses.
Tirion getting to Danyarius already was a bit of a let down. Once again they are shortening his story a lot. Mormont can go away now, his character is boring.
Very predictable that Theon/reek would betray Sansa. I do think Theon will kill Ramsey eventually but the time is not right. Also very predictable that something bad is going to happen to Stannis's daughter.
Cersei is finally getting a bit of what she deserves. I am curious to see if they handle it the same way they did it in the books. I thought they set up that scene well.
Maybe I missed something but how did Theon "betray" Sansa? To me it looked like Ramsey already knew of the candle tower plan and was just up there waiting... Yes Theon had to tell him once he got caught red handed, but he really had no choice by then. How did Ramsey find out initially? It clearly wasn't from Theon...

I think the show wanted viewers to think theon was headed to the abandoned tower but in reality he was always headed to ramsays room to tell him. I don't believe theon will ever amount to much at this point. I think he will just get killed somewhere and it won't be dramatic at all. His character sucks to me.

I think the show wanted viewers to think theon was headed to the abandoned tower but in reality he was always headed to ramsays room to tell him. I don't believe theon will ever amount to much at this point. I think he will just get killed somewhere and it won't be dramatic at all. His character sucks to me.
Oh okay got it now. Thanks

Pretty much agree. Boy, they are really leaning into the rape criticism. I get that it is part of that world (any world of course), but they sure do go to it (or the threat of it) easy and often.
Perhaps bc the world set in which the story exists is simply that brutal. Again, do you enjoy Follet's mideival stories? Every chick everywhere faces abuse, within and outside of marriage.

They've been needing some sexiness, so I welcomed the Sand Snake boobs. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion; the girl is a warrior who's going to use any means necessary to win her battles, so showing some boob to a guy she clearly likes (complimenting his voice showed a little vulnerability), I didn't mind. Plus her boobs are nice.

I was terrified Cercei was a goner. I love her, she's so wickedly wicked.

Ramsey & Reek & Sansa ... I have read a lot of complaints about that story line, but I don't think it's been poorly done. Maybe a little too much focus on them, but that's about it.

The naked girl was overdue...very nicely done! They should have something similar in every episode if you ask me, it's one of the things that make it good.

I liked the episode enough. It's taken all season to create the story-lines and to get to a place where there is some actual suspense. I hope Reek mans up and kills theion, I hope Cercei finally gets hers, I hope Danarius and Tyrion hit it off and become buddies. I hope Jon Snow keeps being a challenger and pushing everyone's buttons...he's doing some pretty good stuff.

One of the better episodes if you ask me.

(I can't spell their names obviously, but you get it.)

The naked girl was overdue...very nicely done! They should have something similar in every episode if you ask me, it's one of the things that make it good.

I liked the episode enough. It's taken all season to create the story-lines and to get to a place where there is some actual suspense. I hope Reek mans up and kills theion, I hope Cercei finally gets hers, I hope Danarius and Tyrion hit it off and become buddies. I hope Jon Snow keeps being a challenger and pushing everyone's buttons...he's doing some pretty good stuff.

One of the better episodes if you ask me.

(I can't spell their names obviously, but you get it.)
You want Reek to kill Theon? That happened a long time ago.

We're picking up speed and I'm digging it. Does anyone miss The Hound? Great role.

Is Varys double-timing it now?

The scene with Lady Tyrell (Bond shout out) trading punches with the High Sparrow (Bond shout out) (thanks What The Flick) was great.

Oh Cersei. That smirk. Her accommodations are more than suitable. Didn't everyone call this in Ep1 or 2 this season?

I'm really hoping fingers-crossed one sock up one sock down rally cap praying Arrya chalks a name off of list this season. I think they shortened her prayer on the steps of the House of Black and White for that purpose. Cranking up James Brown Please Please Please.

Stoked for the Jon Snow's stump speech this week.

People are wigging out and Littlefinger keeps on grinning and humming There It Is.

Disagree - the poison was taking too long to take effect, so she got his blood pumping with the strip tease. Otherwise, he may have been taken away for questioning or released only to die since she wouldn't be on hand with the antidote. Bronn's life was saved by a nice set of boobies!

Ramsey & Reek & Sansa ... I have read a lot of complaints about that story line, but I don't think it's been poorly done. Maybe a little too much focus on them, but that's about it.

I don't think I mentioned it last week, but when Ramsay was interrogating Sansa about the status of her virginity, they showed a quick take of her and Theon looking nervous. Kind of like they were hiding a secret. I've never seen hints about them hooking up before, but Theon was formerly a noted wangsman and also was the only person in Winterfell with access to Sansa and the birthright to be worthy of her (if that mattered to a couple of horny experimenting kids). I'm not convinced that anything ever happened, but it's a possibility.

I don't think I mentioned it last week, but when Ramsay was interrogating Sansa about the status of her virginity, they showed a quick take of her and Theon looking nervous. Kind of like they were hiding a secret. I've never seen hints about them hooking up before, but Theon was formerly a noted wangsman and also was the only person in Winterfell with access to Sansa and the birthright to be worthy of her (if that mattered to a couple of horny experimenting kids). I'm not convinced that anything ever happened, but it's a possibility.

Nah. Although the tv series cast older actors, the "horny" Sansa is 11 years old when taken to the Capitol while Theon is 19 and while still a ward is counted as one of the men. If you think back to Season Two which is long after she's taken to the Capitol she is afraid because Cersei sees her first period blood which means she's capable of being wedded and bedded by Joffrey who she now hated. The average age for a girl's first period is about 12.5 which roughly tracks with the time passage from the books.

So while Sophie Turner is almost 20, tue character Sansa is probably supposed to be around 13 maybe 14.

I like a naked woman as much as the next guy but never understood the clamoring for more boobs on TV shows or movies. It doesn't significantly affect my opinion of the show like it does some guys. GoT is amazing no matter what. I feel like it's usually bad shows that have to resort to nudity to intrigue it's viewers.

I like a naked woman as much as the next guy but never understood the clamoring for more boobs on TV shows or movies. It doesn't significantly affect my opinion of the show like it does some guys. GoT is amazing no matter what. I feel like it's usually bad shows that have to resort to nudity to intrigue it's viewers.

There's only been one pair of boobs so perfect in their presentation that I still remember them and they added to the show. And that's Alexandra Daddario's pair in True Detective.

It was necessary - she needed to speed up his heart rate for the poison to kick in. Plus those.....were....spectacular.

re Alexandra Daddario reference - hardly gets any press, but she's on a par with Jessica Biel imo.

Last edited:
There's only been one pair of boobs so perfect in their presentation that I still remember them and they added to the show. And that's Alexandra Daddario's pair in True Detective.

If we have never agreed on anything before, let this mark the first thing. Alexandra Daddario's boobs, bringing men together. In thy name we pray. Amen.

Maybe there is still a role they can cast her on GOT.... I mean for no other reason than to show us the boobs again. How about recast Daenery's with her because her acting isn't all that so if she is going to cheat us out of all the nudity and girl on girl scene's Dany is supposed to be having might as well recast.

I personally think Alexandra Daddario is way ahead of Biel. They were (are) glorious. Oh, so glorious. And those were entirely unexpected in that moment, too.

Agree, but Biel in 'London' will make you a believer. Two other worthwhile contenders....

Betty Gilpin in Nurse Jackie
Emily Ratajkowski in "Blurred Lines", or anything as she basically walks around shinny, shorn and nekkid in everything

Would have made great Sand Snakes.

Emily Ratajkowski in "Blurred Lines"

and a great yeah saying went up from the masses as we recalled that stiring artwork "you're the finest..in this place."

It was necessary - she needed to speed up his heart rate for the poison to kick in. Plus those.....were....spectacular.

re Alexandra Daddario reference - hardly gets any press, but she's on a par with Jessica Biel imo.

AD's boobs are the best I have seen in long time, hands down. TV is about entertainment and that's entertainment for sure.
Don't like boobs? Don't watch the show, period. There are plenty of shows I don't watch because I don't like what I see on screen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT