ADVERTISEMENT

Great Movie Soundtracks

fsu1jreed

Seminole Insider
Apr 1, 2002
Pensacola
Quietly becoming a favorite movie of mine, Sunshine..........and Rose Byrne is so sexy (Loved her in 'Get him to the Greek')

MV5BMTU5Nzg2OTk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTc1ODM3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor)

The soundtracks (not scores like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Last of the Mohicans etc) for real movies (not stuff like the Elvis and Beatles "movies" or Spinal Tap) that immediately come to my mind as great from top to bottom and can be listened to without skipping tracks (or more than a couple) are Guardians of the Galaxy, The Crow, Tron Legacy (although this may be disqualified as being more of a score), Oh Brother Where Art Thou, the original Batman soundtrack, Boogie Nights, Legend (basically a two hour Tangerine Dream music video), Purple Rain, Cowboy Bebop (the album is a mix of the movie and the show but it's a must get), Saturday Night Fever, and Ascenseur pour l'échafaud (similar to Legend and Tron Legacy this might be disqualified for being the work of one artist and therefore closer to a score). If you count video games then every Tony Hawk and Crazy Taxi game would be at the top of my list.

This post was edited on 2/23 5:03 PM by FSUTribe76

Film scores:

Fargo
Indiana Jones
Glory
Band of Brothers
Shawshank Redemption
Legends of the Fall
Rudy
Field of Dreams
Titanic
Braveheart
Jaws
The Natural
Saving Private Ryan
The Thin Red Line

Soundtracks:

Pulp Fiction
West Side Story
Forrest Gump
Dazed and Confused
Goodfellas
Saturday Night Fever

Originally posted by FSUTribe76:
The soundtracks (not scores like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Last of the Mohicans etc) for real movies (not stuff like the Elvis and Beatles "movies" or Spinal Tap) that immediately come to my mind as great from top to bottom and can be listened to without skipping tracks (or more than a couple) are Guardians of the Galaxy, Crown, Tron Legacy (although this may be disqualified as being more of a score), Oh Brother Where Art Thou, the original Batman soundtrack, Boogie Nights, Legend (basically a two hour Tangerine Dream music video), Purple Rain, Cowboy Bebop (the album is a mix of the movie and the show but it's a must get), Saturday Night Fever, and Ascenseur pour l'échafaud (similar to Legend and Tron Legacy this might be disqualified for being the work of one artist and therefore closer to a score). If you count video games then every Tony Hawk and Crazy Taxi game would be at the top of my list.

This post was edited on 2/23 11:40 AM by FSUTribe76
1) Guardians of the Galaxy is disqualified because it has that effing Pina Colada song in it, which is one of the worst songs of all time.
2) Sorcerer was a better movie soundtrack album for Tangerine Dream than Legend.

oh brother where art thou
inside llewyn davis
tron
crazy heart
puple rain
singles
swingers
steve zisiu life aquatic

Kinda of hard to argue against this as being one of the best even if you did not like disco.

Along with the success of the movie, the soundtrack, composed and performed primarily by the You Should Be Dancing" - are also included on the soundtrack. Other previously released songs from the disco era round out the music in the movie.

The soundtrack also won a Pitchfork Media listed Saturday Night Fever as the 34th best album of the 1970s.

The album was added to the [12]

Originally posted by Semiologist:
Originally posted by FSUTribe76:
The soundtracks (not scores like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Last of the Mohicans etc) for real movies (not stuff like the Elvis and Beatles "movies" or Spinal Tap) that immediately come to my mind as great from top to bottom and can be listened to without skipping tracks (or more than a couple) are Guardians of the Galaxy, Crown, Tron Legacy (although this may be disqualified as being more of a score), Oh Brother Where Art Thou, the original Batman soundtrack, Boogie Nights, Legend (basically a two hour Tangerine Dream music video), Purple Rain, Cowboy Bebop (the album is a mix of the movie and the show but it's a must get), Saturday Night Fever, and Ascenseur pour l'échafaud (similar to Legend and Tron Legacy this might be disqualified for being the work of one artist and therefore closer to a score). If you count video games then every Tony Hawk and Crazy Taxi game would be at the top of my list.

This post was edited on 2/23 11:40 AM by FSUTribe76
1) Guardians of the Galaxy is disqualified because it has that effing Pina Colada song in it, which is one of the worst songs of all time.
2) Sorcerer was a better movie soundtrack album for Tangerine Dream than Legend.

Don't be a Rupert Holmes hater. I love that song---just as much as Manfred Mann's Blinded by the Light.

Dazed and Confused has a great soundtrack.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Pulp Fiction
Pretty in Pink
Lost in Translation
Swingers
Car Wash
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Urban Cowboy is excellent, with an interesting mix of music & performers.

Many have been already said and I love the list so far. Many familiar ones in my collection. I'll add
Lost boys
Empire records
Elizabethtown
Reservoir dogs
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Greenberg is excellent. The whole thing was done by James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem.

This post was edited on 2/24 7:31 AM by TorreyOaks

One I forgot about and is one of the quasi-scores like Tron Legacy and Legend, is Maximum Overdrive. AC/DC basically wrote two new songs "Who Made Who" and the instrumental "DT" and mixed in several great older songs like Hells Bells, You Shook Me All Night Long, For Those About to Rock etc... and released a new album that served as the soundtrack for the movie. It's a great collection of songs and even if you don't like the movie it's a worthy soundtrack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT