ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden

I’m going to assume taking a knee and giving the Dolphins the ball back with 19 seconds after kicking the field goal. The opposite decision is giving them the ball back down by 5,6 or 7 with roughly a minute left. Imo he made the right call.

Reactions: cpanole11
I’m going to assume taking a knee and giving the Dolphins the ball back with 19 seconds after kicking the field goal. The opposite decision is giving them the ball back down by 5,6 or 7 with roughly a minute left. Imo he made the right call.
Agreed. As a Dolphins fan I liked our chances better with a minute left than :19. Leaving a WR wide open 34 yards down the field then the face mask on the QB was inexcusable but I’m not sure how much of that Gruden could have prevented. Just really poor execution by the Raiders.

Agreed. As a Dolphins fan I liked our chances better with a minute left than :19. Leaving a WR wide open 34 yards down the field then the face mask on the QB was inexcusable but I’m not sure how much of that Gruden could have prevented. Just really poor execution by the Raiders.
They had the ball at the 1 yd line...take the TD or attempt to go for a TD by running a play...they still chewed up a lot of time when Jacobs fell down...I agree w everything except 3rd down call...also why go cover 2 when there are holes in that defense smh

wait.... esp my gift of esp is telling me what call you are making and... Gruden should be fired. WTH are you talking about sir?
Horrible call not attempting to go for a TD on 3rd down...he deserved to lose

They had the ball at the 1 yd line...take the TD or attempt to go for a TD by running a play...they still chewed up a lot of time when Jacobs fell down...I agree w everything except 3rd down call...also why go cover 2 when there are holes in that defense smh
When you put it that way I agree. Run the clock AND take a shot at the TD. Way above my pay grade with a 12 pack of moosehead consumed.

The defensive call definitely may be his fault. That I can’t answer.

I don’t know the numbers but I would say we had a 1% chance or less to win that game with :19 seconds left. I still think it was the right call to take the game clock down to :19 seconds and hope your defense is able to hold us to less than 50 yards with no timeouts and not allow us to get out of bounds. Literally all they had to do was keep the completed pass in the field of play and they win. No way we get 45 to 50 yards, getting tackled in the field of play, then run down 40 yards, spike it, and still have time on the clock. They completely buttfumbled that last possession defensively. I still think taking the clock down/field goal was the right call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT