ADVERTISEMENT

Has FSU earned a top 16 seed? We'll get early viewpoint Thursday

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Via the NCAA:

The first of two NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee top-16 reveals will take place this Thursday at halftime of the Stanford at Arizona game on ESPN that tips at 9:30 p.m. ET.

It will be the first of two top-16 announcements by the committee during the 2022-23 regular season, with the other taking place on Feb. 23 during halftime of the South Carolina-Tennessee game on ESPN that will tip-off at 7 p.m. ET.

Each reveal will include the top-16 in seed order with potential regional site assignments for each of the 16 teams as of that date. The top-16 teams announced on those dates will have no bearing on the final 68-team field for the 2023 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship that will be announced during the NCAA Women’s Basketball Selection Show that will air on ESPN on Sunday, March 12 at 8 p.m. ET.

The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship regional rounds will be utilizing a two-host format in 2023, with eight competing teams playing at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina, and eight at Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, with each site hosting two regional semifinal games March 24 and two March 25. In addition, each site will host a regional championship game March 26 and one March 27. The First Four opening-round games will take place March 15-16 and will again be conducted on the campuses of four of the teams seeded in the top 16. First- and second-round games will take place March 17-20 on the campuses of the top-16 seeds.

Reactions: semispear
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT