ADVERTISEMENT

Have we become irrelevant?

trinitynole

Freshman
Mar 29, 2002
Last week we played a Top 5 team . . . but the local Tampa Sunday paper didn't have one word about the game. I would have expected an article, but we didn't even rate one of those little blurbs. The score in the overall listing, but nothing else.

Last week we played a Top 5 team . . . but the local Tampa Sunday paper didn't have one word about the game. I would have expected an article, but we didn't even rate one of those little blurbs. The score in the overall listing, but nothing else.

Has who become irrelevant?

We are irrelevant when it comes to college football this year other than in the recruiting world where we are very much in the hunt for a top 5-10 finish.

Reactions: funksouljon
We are irrelevant when it comes to college football this year other than in the recruiting world where we are very much in the hunt for a top 5-10 finish.
any team who is expected to finish sub 500 is irrelevant for that year. However, much like Notre Dame, we could certainly be back at the top of the story again in just a few years.

As a football program, heck no. We are recruiting great still, have great facilities, stadium and tradition.

As a 2018 football team, of course. Looking back on it, it really happened when we struggled with now 5-5 FCS Samford Bulldogs and had to pull it out in fourth quarter where we took first lead with 4 minutes left. There is a lot of foreshadowing in this game.

Come out flat. Check
Offensive Line can't open up running lanes against average to sub average defensive line. Check
Huge plays to wide open receivers. Check
Come out flat in third quarter. Check
Offense could only score 21 points in first 56 minutes of game (against an average FCS team). Check
Defense gives up way too many (475) yards. Check

Yeah-that was the moment we all should have known that the streak was over and we were irrelevant for 2018. It was made official at Syracuse.

Maybe the Tampa paper was trying to give us a break. Or maybe they just got tired of writing the same story every week.

Reactions: KitingHigh

We're irrelevant and have been for almost two seasons...although that can be corrected. As for the local paper(s)...they will be as irrelevant as beepers, pay phones, land lines and fax machines very soon....as in done.

When I saw the thread title I was hoping you were referring to the accelerating irrelevance of humans in a world where computers transact with each other without us. In which case yes, I believe most of us have become irrelevant. It's just a matter of time for the rest of us. At some point it'll just be computers working with each other and telling the robots what to do.

The Locker Room - Irrelevant But Irreverent
Copyright 2018 Nolo Says Relax llc
I say reverent and relevant, cray cray and creditable, stupid acting and smart (ace), despicable and decent, tangent chasers while traditionalists, leading edge thinkers and techsters mixed with luddites and old school stubbornness. It is what is, that Locker Room thingy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT