ADVERTISEMENT

Have you really studied FSU's opponents in 2018?

Fear the Spear

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
All of you doom and gloomers. And those saying this and that about 8 wins. If this coaching staff can only get FSU to 8 wins, then Ill be shocked. Willie Taggart's offense actually tries to score points on every possession. Jimbo's offense is more ball controlled methodical and we scored points with explosive running plays. Thank God for D Cook. Offensively FSU is going to pressure teams through the air and ground. We're going to actually act like we can throw a forward pass and let our Wrs play ball.

That being said I read a good article this weekend about our opponents. How many elite offenses do you think we're going to play this season? You may be surprised. Many of you will select Clemson.

Clemson's offense coming to Doak with no injuries. Kelly Bryant QB, Tee Higgins 5 star Wr, Hunter Renfro slot Wr 5'10, Amari Cooper 5'9 210 lbs. TRAVIS ETIENNE stud back. But Clemson's Wrs other than Higgins don't scare me nor do I think Kelly Bryant has the "it" factor to beat us in Doak. Yes their D line is a totally different story but I can't see them a TD favorite over us in November in Doak.

According to S&P advanced metrics. Here are the top offenses the Noles faced last year:
Louisville-No. 5 UL-Monroe-No. 19(yes, they finished higher than Alabama) NC State-No. 21 Wake Forest-No. 22, Alabama-No. 23, Miami-No. 36, Clemson-No. 45.

Lamar Jackson is gone. Don't give me any crap about Louisville. He was a once in a generation player there Louisville is garbage this season. If Taggart doesn't have FSU fired up to play @ Louisville SOMETHING IS WRONG. He shouldn't have to say a word.

NCst lost their entire Sr lead defense plus much on offense. They do return their QB
Wake Forest is Wake Forest. Malik Rosier is a turn over machine at Miami.

This is a listing according to S&P where our opponents finished offensively last season.

Virginia Tech-No. 96
Samford-N/A
Syracuse-No. 64
Northern Illinois-No. 104
Notre Dame-No. 24
Boston College-No. 101
Florida-No. 108

You mean to tell me with an up tempo, experience at O line, 2 experienced QBs uncuffing our Wrs, NO CHARLES KELLY running our defense FSU will only win 8 or 9 games with the talent currently on the roster?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News