ADVERTISEMENT

Having Hip Replacement Surgery Monday

anolesfan77

Star Player
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
I've (56M) been in terrible pain for months now and am finally having a total replacement of my left hip on May 11. The Corona virus delayed it for a couple of months and it's been hard to just sit and wait for it. I've never had surgery in my life, but I can't wait for this one!

I've (56M) been in terrible pain for months now and am finally having a total replacement of my left hip on May 11. The Corona virus delayed it for a couple of months and it's been hard to just sit and wait for it. I've never had surgery in my life, but I can't wait for this one!
Good luck...you will do great!

My wife had it done in August of ‘18 @ 65 yrs old. One night in the hospital. Within about 3 hours of getting home she walked up the stairs to our bedroom. Said she was sleeping in her own bed. Only 5 in home PT sessions. Three months later we went on a river cruise in Europe. No problems. BTW, she is FSU ‘74.

Good luck.

had total hip replacement done 7 yrs ago. spent 5 nights in hospital and was able to walk with walker before being discharged. in my case my best rehab was walking which I did daily. good luck!

Reactions: FSUDoles

Break a leg....as they say on Broadway. All my best....get in and get out....and start enjoying walking again.

My wife had it done just pre-virus. Piece of cake. Walked out of the hospital with no help of any sort.

Good luck!

Had the left hip replaced Apr 2017 at Andrews Inst. Overnight hospital stay. Walker for 3 days then on my own. Right hip replacement was scheduled for last month but delayed cuz of covid. Having it done at Ortho Carolina in Charlotte. Dr said it will be outpatient. Football was fun but it’s paying me back now. Lol!! Prayers for quick recovery!

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT