ADVERTISEMENT

Hernandez shooting incident in Gainesville still shocking

Dot Com

Owner and administrator of Warchant.com
Mar 29, 2002
Tallahassee, Florida
warchant.com
This has been reported several times but it still blows me away every time I read about it. Of all the NCAA violations and over the top abuses done in the name of winning in college sports the 2007 episode in Gainesville involving Aaron Hernandez is probably the worst I've ever heard.

The all-star UF tight end is effectively identified as the person firing five shots into a car in an attempt to murder one, and possibly two people, and no real investigation is done by the Gainesville police. When you compare this to the national outrage over how the Tallahassee authorities handled the accusation against Jameis Winston it's almost comical. It's blows my mind that the investigation into Hernandez, the most likely suspect, ceased simply because he invoked his right to counsel. If it were that easy nobody would ever be arrested.

You can draw your own conclusions here on how all this all happened the way it did. But it's shocking that the major media outlets have effectively ignored what appears to be one of the most outrageous incidents involving a star athlete and a major college sports program.

Aaron Hernandez Is An Idiot, But He Still Might Get Away With Murder (scroll down to Attempted Homicide, Gainesville, Fla., Sept. 30, 2007).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News