ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbit Hoagie, Tallahassee...in the 80’s

I think the slimy creature was ham, roast beef and turkey. They had tons of meat and would roll the lettuce, tomato and onion along with hot and sweet peppers, if you wanted them, into the middle. The thing was huge And would last me for lunch and dinner.

Their onion rings were awesome too.

Some Hobbit trivia....some Cardinal Gibbons guys that worked in the original LaSpadas in Lauderdale by the Sea were instrumental in the creation of The Hobbit in 1978 next to the old Publix on Pensacola.
They were friends with Sue Motta. She was from Ft.Lauderdale. Anyway, Sue and I were good friends back in our FSU days. The guys were a couple of big boys.

Reactions: FSUDoles
I think the slimy creature was ham, roast beef and turkey. They had tons of meat and would roll the lettuce, tomato and onion along with hot and sweet peppers, if you wanted them, into the middle. The thing was huge And would last me for lunch and dinner.

Their onion rings were awesome too.
I think that was originally a #5 ! HUUGGEE sandwich !

Reactions: FSUDoles
They were friends with Sue Motta. She was from Ft.Lauderdale. Anyway, Sue and I were good friends back in our FSU days. The guys were a couple of big boys.

Yup....I roomed with Bob Motta my freshman year.....it was one or two of the Schwantes brothers...Cardinal Gibbons crowd.

Reactions: fsukenny
I believe it’s the monster at LaSpadas....sounds about right.
I remember the Hobbit quite well as I worked at that Publix from '78 to '89 and lived generally within a mile of there. From a rathole behind the Sing Store and the mini mall with the original "Vinyl Fever" to Prince Manor then unknown to me now at the corner of Hayden rd. and Jackson Bluff to Plantation Condo's across the street. Amazing how memories come back at a blink.

I remember the Hobbit quite well as I worked at that Publix from '78 to '89 and lived generally within a mile of there. From a rathole behind the Sing Store and the mini mall with the original "Vinyl Fever" to Prince Manor then unknown to me now at the corner of Hayden rd. and Jackson Bluff to Plantation Condo's across the street. Amazing how memories come back at a blink.
Sing store
Vinyl Fever.
Priceless. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I used to get my hair cut at "Adam and Eves" in the student union.

The Hobbit is still in the same place, but it's now known for wings, consistently winning Best of Tallahassee each year, including this year. Their garnet and gold wings are a must try when you visit town. Sadly they no longer serve hoagies (hence the name change).

I remember the late 70’s location on W. Pensacola and where we all left with Quaffers Club T’s.

Sing store
Vinyl Fever.
Priceless. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
You're Welcome then Vinyl fever moved and I grew up and started riding a bike from Casa Cordoba while I finally started lifting at the OG Golds gym on Tennessee where they got replaced by theaters. But that Gold's sweat stank will never leave. That was far before women did lifting but they were very tight.

You're Welcome then Vinyl fever moved and I grew up and started riding a bike from Casa Cordoba while I finally started lifting at the OG Golds gym on Tennessee where they got replaced by theaters. But that Gold's sweat stank will never leave. That was far before women did lifting but they were very tight.

😳😂

Jeff Schwantes and Tim Baroody came from Fort Lauderdale and started The Hobbitt based on Laspada's.

Names from my past, from St Anthony’s and Cardinal Gibbons....I still see Justin S around Lauderdale...Tara B and Jed S were in my classes at both schools....and FSU.

Reactions: ChiefWB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT