ADVERTISEMENT

How did GT loss affect your weekend?

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
Of course the final play shocked me but the loss didn't affect me too bad. Didn't go on rampage after game & fell asleep around midnight. Woke up earlier than normal on Sun as game was on my mind. Did yardwork to vent some frustration.

My 9 yr old son was in shock, he isn't used to us losing.

20 years ago I would have been on suicide watch!

Reactions: squiffynole
Not in the least. I said 8-4 at the beginning. Looks as though we will be better than that. Win-Win. It's all good. I think I would have punted it and relied on defense, but hey I'm no coach either. Maybe this will fire the boys up to beat clumpson. Stranger things have happened.
GO NOLES@!!!!!

Was in a bit of a haze Saturday night until I went to bed, still a little shocked Sunday morning when I woke up. Took the kiddos to the park and ran a bunch of errands. By the time the 1PM games started, I had moved on.

The younger me would have been a wreck.

Didn't do much to mine either.

I never saw this team as a national championship type of team. So a loss was expected. That or the fact I'm 37 is why.

I hope we go at least 1 for 1 against Clemson and UF. And if I had to pick I would take the win over UF and let Clemson have their day in the sun. They actually have a legit shot at winning the whole thing this year.

I was there in Atlanta. I expected a loss at some point this season, but was upset that we lost in the dumbest way possible to a terrible team.

Was a long weekend, game Friday in Jacksonville then drove to Atlanta. Got in a 3am, tailgate Saturday, long drive back Sunday.

Of course the final play shocked me but the loss didn't affect me too bad. Didn't go on rampage after game & fell asleep around midnight. Woke up earlier than normal on Sun as game was on my mind. Did yardwork to vent some frustration.

My 9 yr old son was in shock, he isn't used to us losing.

20 years ago I would have been on suicide watch!

About the same for me. Went to bed around midnight, got up and got ready for church, came home and started remodeling the bathroom to stay busy and not think about it. My 12 year old said several times throughout the day,"Dad, I can't believe we lost that game."

Dan I'm with you up to a point..................then I would root for isis before either of those teams. If clemson won it all I would not be happy or sad, if fu lost it all I would be as happy as a sissy in boys school.

Didn't do much to mine either.

I never saw this team as a national championship type of team. So a loss was expected. That or the fact I'm 37 is why.

I hope we go at least 1 for 1 against Clemson and UF. And if I had to pick I would take the win over UF and let Clemson have their day in the sun. They actually have a legit shot at winning the whole thing this year.

That's how I feel. %*%* Florida and I wouldn't be horribly upset if we lose to Clemson unless they don't manage to win out and represent the ACC in the playoffs.

Reactions: goldmom and DanC78
I had an extra beer after the game, but other than that, it didn't disrupt anything. I wouldn't have taken it so well a few years ago, but I moved on after about 15 minutes.

Not nearly as bad as I imagined it may be. I guess I've just been expecting it. I wasn't even angry at the way we lost. In fact it was such a one of a kind type of loss that it even bothered me less. We lost that game the whole game by sh1tting the bed in the redzone all game. Should have never been that close.

It's a young team, hopefully they don't completely embarrass us against Clemson. It could get ugly.

It was an awesome streak, and inside I don't think many FSU fans are hurt that Bobby has the longest and Jimbo has the second longest. Odds are good we won't see either beat again.

Glad it wasn't lost to Miami, and that Clemson didn't get the privilege. Kind of fitting it was lost on such a flukey play. Without the constant false starts we're not even taking that kick. Team still holds the ACC destiny in its hands, I'll be at the game next weekend cheering.

2002-2009 trained me to take losses much better. They were frequent enough that my entire fall would have been ruined if I took looses too hard. This team could beat anyone on their schedule and they could lose to anyone on their schedule so any one loss wouldn't shock me at all.

Very little. Disappointed, but you could see the writing on the wall that this team wasn't going undefeated or even with just one loss.

Expectations set the the level.

I was expecting a loss, just not this one. That being said, if we can win in Hogtown, I will be ok.

It was the Bucs blowing a 24 point lead that had me irate. And, amazingly, the Bucs have a good offense these days. The defensive scheme is more dated than wood paneling.

Sadly, Lovie will be just mediocre enough to stick around.

I was there in Atlanta. I expected a loss at some point this season, but was upset that we lost in the dumbest way possible to a terrible team.

I was there the last time we lost in Atlanta (2008) in similar fashion (goal line fumble on the last play). I'll never forget that stupid horn blaring all the way back to the hotel. I wasn't going to do that to myself again.

I was on a trip and didn't get to this the game on Saturday. I probably would have been more shocked/upset had I seen it, but I've been pretty meh about it.

Reactions: dmm5157
I was at a comedy club in Tampa....I assumed this one wouldn't be all that exciting so I thought I'd watch the replay. My kids started texting me:
My daughter - "Did you Watch the Game?"
Me "No. I recorded it."
Her "Don't watch. It's so sad."

My son, "Dad, it's only a game. Don't freak out."

My response to both of them, and anyone who talks to me about it, - we have lost 2 games in two and a half years. It's all ok.

Didn't bother me at all. I've been expecting it as well. Playing that bad would cost us a loss against most teams we play. Hopefully they'll get their chit together now and win out...

Not nearly as bad as I imagined it may be. I guess I've just been expecting it. I wasn't even angry at the way we lost. In fact it was such a one of a kind type of loss that it even bothered me less. We lost that game the whole game by sh1tting the bed in the redzone all game. Should have never been that close.

It's a young team, hopefully they don't completely embarrass us against Clemson. It could get ugly.

The Red Zone struggles and defense. Their (next to) last touchdown should have never happened in a million years. If we play defense like that against Clemson they'll smoke us...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
very little.

was coaching my son's game and didn't get home until the 4th quarter. btw, lemon jr was down 20-12 with 2:30 remaining, drove the field for a tying TD and 2 pt conversion with 35 seconds remaining, we get an INT with 17 seconds, and then we score the winning TD and 2pt conversion with 2 seconds remaining. Opponent completed a Hail Mary but receiver was down short of the goal line.

Did not effect me that much at all. I knew we were living a semi charmed life this year and certainly were not going to win the NC. In some ways a loss may be good for them since finally there are some consequences for bad performances and mistakes.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
Not much. Saw the writing on the wall with all the missed opportunities earlier in the game. If it wasn't this game it was going to be some other soon. We also had a bug in the house so we all just slept away the weekend.
Clemson is going to pound us. Hope we can beat the lizards.

I spent early adulthood as a diehard fan of FSU in the 80s/90s (watching us narrowly miss out on numerous national championships in gut-churning fashion). I've spent my entire life as a RedSox fan, suffering through their many losses - including surviving the ground ball through Buckner's legs. I've been a Bucs fan since their first game, watching them lose in every way imaginable.

Saturday night was nothing. Only thing I changed was not wasting any more good beer, switching instead to the Old Milwaukee I keep in the fridge for when my in-laws are over.

I'll admit that yesterday afternoon I apologized to my sons for the pain I've set them up for by them following in my footsteps as a fan.

Was shocked at how we lost, but had been telling people our offensive play dysfunction on the road would catch up to us. Didn't watch the tv of course, and didn't take any calls from gator friends. Thank god the Patriots pulled it out on Sunday, between the two games I had about five years taken off my life.

I was angry for about 20 minutes mainly because of the way we lost. Moved on Sunday and got to watch the Bucs grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Gave up on football for the weekend after that.

If our OL was a rock band, they would be REO speedwagon. Soft as Charmin, When
Sweat got the INT and then Cook ran it to the two for a first and goal and we ended up with a FG, I had a feeling we'd lose. Not sure how an OL that weighs 50 pounds more than the opposing team's DL can get physically whooped.

To answer the question, I vented for about an hour and went to bed. Watched the Bucs choke on Sunday and came to the realization that I hate effin football~

I'm 49 so I have lived thru it all. When he threw the interception in the end zone, told my wife that is going to cost us. I remember the days when Ward, Kannel, Busby, Wienke, etc would have their junior year 4 interception game in which we would lose. That game had the same feel with the lack of scoring td's. Was hoping for a Dustin Hopkin's Clemson kick, but wasn't meant to be. My buddy grew up in Michigan, so he is a UM fan, now living in Fl. and his daughter goes to FSU, he has been a big FSU fan too. Didn't have the heart to text him after the game, two games in a row for him.

Reactions: Bartdog
Arrived in ATL on Friday afternoon and had a great time. Stayed at team hotel and mixed with the coaches and players-even visited with our school President. Had a delightful chat with Roberto-he is a truly nice young man. Saturday was a picture perfect day weather-wise and the Piedmont Park Arts Festival was fabulous. Saturday was my birthday. Was just a great experience until the final play. Certainly put a major downer on an otherwise fun weekend.

Arrived in ATL on Friday afternoon and had a great time. Stayed at team hotel and mixed with the coaches and players-even visited with our school President. Had a delightful chat with Roberto-he is a truly nice young man. Saturday was a picture perfect day weather-wise and the Piedmont Park Arts Festival was fabulous. Saturday was my birthday. Was just a great experience until the final play. Certainly put a major downer on an otherwise fun weekend.
Forgot to add...breakfast at the Flying Biscuit was also a big plus.

Are players expected to mingle with boosters?

it didn't, I was spending the weekend finishing up vacation in Jamaica. After almost 3 years of not losing a regular season game, one loss isn't going to ruin anything for me. Thankful for what we've had.

As a fan of CFB it was a great end with a kick 6, unfortunately we were on the wrong side of it.
Unlike most I didn't drink the Koolaid after the Louisville game. So this was not a complete shock to me. After the kick 6 I turned the TV to non-sports channels and kept my mind off the loss. This one did not shatter me like other ones have previously.

usually recommend to people who freak out that they go PLAY a sport. Humans were not meant to simply watch sports. It is not emotionally healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT