ADVERTISEMENT

How does Warchant exercise?

Dhersh

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2019
I'm curious how and where people on here exercise. Do you go to a gym? Do you hike and do things outdoors? Something else?How much of a role does general fitness play in your life?

I'm 30yo and have been cross training at various gyms for the past 4 years. It started back in Tallahassee at Primal Fitness. Then I relocated and found a military boot camp style gym, and since then have moved on to join a CrossFit gym more recently where I try to go 4 or 5 times a week depending on how my body is feeling. I don't care about any competition aspect of training, and I do it for my own personal benefit.

So I'm curious, how do you stay active?

I belong to Planet Fitness and I'm there 5 days a week, sometimes 6, for at least an hour. I'm not a cross fit person or a weight lifting wonder granny but I try hard to stay fit.
I also watch my diet and I take vitamins.
Never smoked and don't drink - maybe have a Mich Ultra 4-5 times a year with wings or a pizza.

Now if I can just get off this chair and go clean my garage. 🤔

I exercise at Planet Fitness but very careful because of a back history.
I used to think my chiropractor was a quack, but now I stand corrected....
Quality dad joke...
I lift weights 2-3x/week and do cardio ~5 times a week. My greatest asset when it comes to fitness is my consistency. In 20+ years of working out I’ve really never missed any significant time. It’s so much easier to stay in shape than get in shape. My body fat is probably no different now than when I finished grad school 13 years ago. I just make it a priority and that’s so essential, IMO.

I belong to Planet Fitness and I'm there 5 days a week, sometimes 6, for at least an hour. I'm not a cross fit person or a weight lifting wonder granny but I try hard to stay fit.
I also watch my diet and I take vitamins.
Never smoked and don't drink - maybe have a Mich Ultra 4-5 times a year with wings or a pizza.

Now if I can just get off this chair and go clean my garage. 🤔
What intriguing information. Do you have any favorite pizza places you would recommend in Tally? I hear MoMo's is somewhat slow in their service. I had a friend once tell me their ovens actually broke one night so you would have to grow a beard before you were actually served. Then another time a waitress must have had early onset of dementia when he asked for a beer; it was like a request into the Twilight Zone Abyss.... I try to limit myself to no more than six trips a night into my candy and ice cream stash.

What intriguing information. Do you have any favorite pizza places you would recommend in Tally? I hear MoMo's is somewhat slow in their service. I had a friend once tell me their ovens actually broke one night so you would have to grow a beard before you were actually served. Then another time a waitress must have had early onset of dementia when he asked for a beer; it was like a request into the Twilight Zone Abyss.... I try to limit myself to no more than six trips a night into my candy and ice cream stash.
I'm not even going to talk about ice cream, but Haagen Daz BOGO's are NOT my friend.

Getting ready to turn 61 in a couple weeks….Covid changed up the program…I haven’t been back to LA Fitness since March 2020. My routine now has evolved. I’m retired so time permits. Monday through Friday, an AM workout in our Beach Club gym consists of 100 pushups, Chest work on the bench and then planks. I hit the road after that…seven miles in the morning, brisk walk, it’s brutal down here in the Summer. After some recovery midday, back to the gym to work on arms and shoulders, then another 1.5-2 mile walk in the early afternoon. Weekends are recovery time since the wife is not working, so we try to walk a few miles per day on the weekend, plus pool time. Weight maintaining and I feel good….better than I did at 30.

Weights three times a week. Cardio 2 miles in 20 minutes 3 times a week. I have been doing for 25 years plus and as mentioned earlier consistency is the key. It all worked until it didn't. Started putting on 2-3 lbs a year regardless from mid 40s on. Out of desperation in my 50s adopted keto then after success slinked back into Adkins then into HFLC, I have kept 35 lbs off for two years this October, limiting my carb intake to 60/70 a day. Works wonders!

Awesome stuff everyone! Keep it coming.

Today's WOD at my gym:

Dynamic Effort:
Banded Speed Deadlift 8×2 EMOM @ 55-65% 1RM

Max Effort:
15’ Build to Front Squat 1RM
(Take 5-8 Sets total)

Repetitive Effort – 3 Sets
12 BB Shoulder to OH* (@ 70%+)
7-10e KB Gorilla Rows

*(Strict Press to Failure, followed by Push Press for remaining reps. Increase weight if you get more than 8 reps of strict press.)

Reactions: FSUDoles
cycling, road and mountain bike.

a normal week for me is about 10 hours on the bike - about 220 miles per week. i've been a bit lazy the last couple of weeks though because i've been having bouts of migraines so my distance and intensity has been cut down.

otherwise exercise is just from yard work. i've never been a gym rat.

Reactions: FSUDoles and Dhersh
Weights three times a week. Cardio 2 miles in 20 minutes 3 times a week. I have been doing for 25 years plus and as mentioned earlier consistency is the key. It all worked until it didn't. Started putting on 2-3 lbs a year regardless from mid 40s on. Out of desperation in my 50s adopted keto then after success slinked back into Adkins then into HFLC, I have kept 35 lbs off for two years this October, limiting my carb intake to 60/70 a day. Works wonders!
My diet changes dramatically with my level of dedication at the gym. I don't subscribe to any of the "fad diets" but I take into consideration what I'm ingesting. What we ingest is just so important. I keep an eye on my macros and a solid Mediterranean style diet is good enough for me.

My diet changes dramatically with my level of dedication at the gym. I don't subscribe to any of the "fad diets" but I take into consideration what I'm ingesting. What we ingest is just so important. I keep an eye on my macros and a solid Mediterranean style diet is good enough for me.
yeah i just smash carbs and water because outdoors it's like training in a friggin' sauna at this time of year in SW Fl! 🤣

yeah i just smash carbs and water because outdoors it's like training in a friggin' sauna at this time of year in SW Fl! 🤣
Man if I was doing a distance event like bike riding then I'd be drinking as much OJ and chocolate milk as I could stand lol

Yeah I get that but that's also a benefit of being 25 years younger than me. I would crush a large pepperoni pizza by myself deep into my late twenties and gain nothing. Now I look at three pieces and it goes straight to my gut. I don't look at HFLC as a diet more as a lifestyle choice, what it amounts to is basically backing all the processed sugars out of my diet. But hey different strokes!

Reactions: FSUDoles
Yeah I get that but that's also a benefit of being 25 years younger than me. I would crush a large pepperoni pizza by myself deep into my late twenties and gain nothing. Now I look at three pieces and it goes straight to my gut. I don't look at HFLC as a diet more as a lifestyle choice, what it amounts to is basically backing all the processed sugars out of my diet. But hey different strokes!
Turning a diet into a lifestyle choice is one of the most difficult things to do. Congrats! One thing we can both agree on: limit simple carbs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT