ADVERTISEMENT

How was your Christmas?

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
We had a rough patch leading up to the holiday. Had to send my dog to the Rainbow Bridge and received confirmation that my daughter has a genetic disorder. We were somewhat prepared for the results, but still caused a lot of sleepless nights worrying about the future.

So...once I got off work Friday, it was daughter/daddy time all the time. Really had a great time with her and enjoyed living in the moment. Christmas Eve was a nice dinner with my in-laws. On Christmas Day all the family and a bunch of friends came over. My (hopefully) soon-to-be son-in-law's parents came over. There were probably about 10 kids and 30 adults in and out of the house and we all had a great time. I don't think I have ever cooked so much (and probably drank a little too much).

We had a rough patch leading up to the holiday. Had to send my dog to the Rainbow Bridge and received confirmation that my daughter has a genetic disorder. We were somewhat prepared for the results, but still caused a lot of sleepless nights worrying about the future.

So...once I got off work Friday, it was daughter/daddy time all the time. Really had a great time with her and enjoyed living in the moment. Christmas Eve was a nice dinner with my in-laws. On Christmas Day all the family and a bunch of friends came over. My (hopefully) soon-to-be son-in-law's parents came over. There were probably about 10 kids and 30 adults in and out of the house and we all had a great time. I don't think I have ever cooked so much (and probably drank a little too much).
It was a very uneventful day. Our son and our daughter's boyfriend (works on an oil rig offshore) were home last week so Christmas was celebrated on the Sunday before they left. Yesterday, I made dinner and had our daughter plus a few friends over. Kind of a slow and relaxing day.

Reactions: goalstand
It was pretty good all around. Tons of food, booze and family. Kids are at the perfect Christmas age 6/4. They made out like bandits. Now I'm putting together a ton of lego sets.

48960108_10157951389550410_851718510450049024_o.jpg

48901000_10157951389685410_8434896464571793408_o.jpg

48971938_10157951389785410_1702499773136764928_o.jpg

Very sorry to hear the bad news.

My Christmas and Christmas Eve was uneventful and therefore fantastic.

Reactions: cmanole
It's been good but exhausting. My kids are at a fun age, but the younger one is just a little too young to understand Santa, etc. It was funny to see him come out of his room and see all the toys... he just thought they randomly appeared, but he dove right into playing with them.

They made out pretty well, but the most popular toy by far has been a simple bow and arrow purchased for $5 at Walgreens. That thing got used for 8+ hours yesterday.

p.s. those boys sure do love fighting over things

Dang Fiji, tuff to hear about the ole dawg, but more importantly about your little one. She has been a fighter and survivor up to this latest news and you can expect her to continue the fight. Hang in there, expect good results, and know that good days are in your family’s future.
The feed you put on must have been epic. Invite me next time, yo...

Dang Fiji, tuff to hear about the ole dawg, but more importantly about your little one. She has been a fighter and survivor up to this latest news and you can expect her to continue the fight. Hang in there, expect good results, and know that good days are in your family’s future.
The feed you put on must have been epic. Invite me next time, yo...

Thank you. She is very tough and has been through a lot. Hopefully we can control her kidney issues with medicine and avoid renal failure & dialysis. That is the most serious issue. She told Santa that she wanted to be a pediatrician when she grew up because so many doctor's have helped her, she wants to help kids to.

Thank you. She is very tough and has been through a lot. Hopefully we can control her kidney issues with medicine and avoid renal failure & dialysis. That is the most serious issue. She told Santa that she wanted to be a pediatrician when she grew up because so many doctor's have helped her, she wants to help kids to.
And the next big holiday feed? Hollah atcha boyz. We hungry...
Seriously, it will be great news when she becomes a pediatric doctor. It will happen. Keep up the great work and she will follow your lead. Much praise for the love and support from you and her momma. Good stuff, brother.

Reactions: cmanole
And the next big holiday feed? Hollah atcha boyz. We hungry...
Seriously, it will be great news when she becomes a pediatric doctor. It will happen. Keep up the great work and she will follow your lead. Much praise for the love and support from you and her momma. Good stuff, brother.

Man - we had homemade tamales, homemade pastrami, chinese spareribs, Honey Baked Ham, dirty rice, creamed spinach, kolaches, assorted baked goods, and apps.

Kept it low key this year with dad still recovering. Lots of people staying at my house instead of theirs, which is entertaining. Got to ski a few days with my nephews. Will spend the next few days running the boy back and forth to winter training camp for mtn bike team.

Food - too much food - was involved. Back to the gym today!
Some feelings of loss, but I think my sentimental side was front and center this year and has left me with holiday blues.
I'm hoping 2019 will be a fulfilling year.:oops::(

Very nice. We still have Mrs BFT's mother around who is 94. Mrs BFT cooked a very good ham with green beans, stuffing, and cranberry. Pumpkin pie afterwards.

Usually takes two hours to open gifts with Christmas music on in the background.. Have Christmas dinner in between. Do stockings later in the evening.

We kind of do Christmas a tad differently. Instead of giving a list or telling someone what it is we want, we for the most part get the items we want ourselves. Wrap them up and label them as if the other person is giving them to the person who bought them and then have the other person open them b/c they obviously do not know what it is. Most of the stuff is for the house. We do have a couple of gifts we give each other the traditional way. Been doing this for a number of years now.

Very nice. We still have Mrs BFT's mother around who is 94. Mrs BFT cooked a very good ham with green beans, stuffing, and cranberry. Pumpkin pie afterwards.

Usually takes two hours to open gifts with Christmas music on in the background.. Have Christmas dinner in between. Do stockings later in the evening.

We kind of do Christmas a tad differently. Instead of giving a list or telling someone what it is we want, we for the most part get the items we want ourselves. Wrap them up and label them as if the other person is giving them to the person who bought them and then have the other person open them b/c they obviously do not know what it is. Most of the stuff is for the house. We do have a couple of gifts we give each other the traditional way. Been doing this for a number of years now.
Should I send somebody a list...

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Kept it low key this year with dad still recovering. Lots of people staying at my house instead of theirs, which is entertaining. Got to ski a few days with my nephews. Will spend the next few days running the boy back and forth to winter training camp for mtn bike team.
Sorry to hear that your pops is ailing. It happens to all families and we somehow find ways to handle it. Cheers for y’all running about and doing stuff. Stay strong, help the nephews and others understand what is happening...
Merry Christmas, Belem and family.

Been pretty awful. Spent the day yesterday at the ER with my sick son. Stuck at home with inlaws because of sick son.

Pretty good Christmas, only bad thing I the holidays have gotten really hectic with a lot of obligations. Hosting Christmas at our house and everything that goes with that ads a lot of stress. But plenty of good time spent with family.

Mixed bag. Christmas with a broken family will never be the same as it was when my kids were younger.

Dead animal in one of my walls, the smell is awful.

My younger daughter started her first period on Christmas. Her mom is MIA, see point one....thankfully my partner helped her through it.

Reactions: FSUSarah
Had the stomach flu starting two days before Christmas and just starting to finally relieve today. Definitely not the best Christmas all around.

Mixed bag. Christmas with a broken family will never be the same as it was when my kids were younger.

Dead animal in one of my walls, the smell is awful.

My younger daughter started her first period on Christmas. Her mom is MIA, see point one....thankfully my partner helped her through it.

Damn that is rough Tenn. Hope she is doing ok. I know what a terrible time that is in a young girl's life.

It was pretty good all around. Tons of food, booze and family. Kids are at the perfect Christmas age 6/4. They made out like bandits. Now I'm putting together a ton of lego sets.

48960108_10157951389550410_851718510450049024_o.jpg

48901000_10157951389685410_8434896464571793408_o.jpg

48971938_10157951389785410_1702499773136764928_o.jpg
What kind of hammock is that? Bought one of my brothers a rallt backpacking hammock and it looks similar to that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT