ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Florence

Has anyone looked at the live cam today? It’s all clear, looks beautiful... but that storm has hardly moved... doesn’t appear that tower would be that clear yet... :cool:
The center of the storm is relatively calm since it's spinning more slowly. I notice someone replaced the tattered flag.

Reactions: noleone99
I wouldn't be standing knee deep in the storm surge in Wilmington like Jim Cantore's doing. A shark could bite his legs off.

The on scene reporting just gets more and more ridiculous.

And where was all this "on-scene, cutting edge" reporting during Maria last year? News just spent 60 seconds showing some old man who failed to evacuate climb into a truck. All my Frickin' Rican peeps had no option to evacuate.

Reactions: Lurker1999
The on scene reporting just gets more and more ridiculous.

And where was all this "on-scene, cutting edge" reporting during Maria last year? News just spent 60 seconds showing some old man who failed to evacuate climb into a truck. All my Frickin' Rican peeps had no option to evacuate.

I will tell you that most of them that are there want to produce as much drama as possible and want to be part of the story.

I will tell you that most of them that are there want to produce as much drama as possible and want to be part of the story.

I have zero doubt on that. Just watching the "people shouldn't be outside in this, Im standing outside to show you..."

Totally changed my opinion of being outside in a Hurricane. I used to frolic in the wind and rain, but some balding meteorologist on tv showed me the error of my ways. Now I stay inside during inclement weather.

Of course weather is racist. Why do you think the clouds are fluffy white on a nice day, but they are black right before it rains. Racist a$$ weather, thats why.

But if white clouds make rain, they call it a sunshower.

B+ for effort; D for execution

Hold my beer.....

@Progressive is this a good enough to protect my house?
DnAQnaXUwAESgNf.jpg:large

Last edited:
Explore.org has live wildlife videos from all over the world. Below is a video of brown bears playing in Alaska. I found my new favorite website. :)

Been there. Watched that personally on a few days. Brown bears were everywhere and humans interacted with them. The bears concentrate on the salmon and ignore humans. Never a fatality or mauling except for some bear researcher who crawled into a den. We would be fishing at the river entrance to the lake, and a bear would be fishing 100 yards away. Catch a salmon and immediately put it in a plastic bag and take it to a bear proof fish cleaning house.

We were in tents and saw grizzlies every day. Freaked you out at first, and we were never quite comfortable.

Frying Pan Tower 30 miles off the coast of NC. Poor flag.
I was watching the flag last night before the feed cutoff. Im assuming it didnt make it?

Sidenote- That is a cool place. When I looked up the place on google, it looked like they had former storm battered hanging up in the game room downstairs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT