ADVERTISEMENT

I am up to 23 days in a row off now

Feb 23, 2015
I AM LOSING MY MIND. What do you do to kill time? 30 mins of running followed by 7 hours of Xbox just isn't cutting it anymore. I really need to get back to work.

Dude, you already found your answer...you have Warchant. What more could you ask for?

Originally posted by Flie:
Grow corn?
Yes.....the corn ~~

th

Originally posted by NolaNole9:
Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
Are you off or unemployed?

I put my money on the latter.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Changed positions within the company and waiting to get scheduled for some on the job training, they are just a little backed up in the training dept. with instructors.

First Officer to Captain

Originally posted by northside_hawk:
I AM LOSING MY MIND. What do you do to kill time? 30 mins of running followed by 7 hours of Xbox just isn't cutting it anymore. I really need to get back to work.
We must have completely different perspectives. I once took over 900 days in a row off. It was glorious. You don't kill time, you just live life. Xbox is fine for some fun. Running is good. Just get out and meet people and find random stuff of interest to do. You are living the dream and falsely thinking it is a nightmare. Granted I didn't live in Iowa, but I think I would have enjoyed it there too.

Play some golf. Go boating and fishing. Travel. Enter a poker tournament. Paddle board. Spend time with your kids or dog.

I guess what I'm saying is... Get a life!?

Originally posted by Gonolz:
We must have completely different perspectives. I once took over 900 days in a row off. It was glorious. You don't kill time, you just live life. Xbox is fine for some fun. Running is good. Just get out and meet people and find random stuff of interest to do. You are living the dream and falsely thinking it is a nightmare. Granted I didn't live in Iowa, but I think I would have enjoyed it there too.
You seem like a straight shooter with upper management written all over you.

Walk around. After all IOWA stands for Idiots Out Walking Around. At least that's what I tell my family members that live there.

BTW, Playstation > Xbox.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Smoke some crack and tell us what it was like.
This post was edited on 4/15 12:51 AM by DanC78

As long as you took off 900+ days on your own dime, that's wonderful. But as I today stroke a huge check to the IRS, I can only hope I was not subsidizing your frolic. Pretty bitter today as I reflect on how much tax I pay to prop up the government's countless hand-out programs.

I'm at 22 days in a row. I've been out of work far more than I have been at work this year so far.
Sadly due to two separate injuries.
Which limited what I could do while off.

First was the broken right foot, out the first four weeks of the year.

Then after working a few weeks, was the motorcycle wreck some have read about. I'm still out at week four, with who knows how many more weeks yet.

Broken bones limit my activity, but it has been a awesome time to be off. Normally I have to go to bed early for work at around a 3 AM wake time.

Since off, I've been up for;
Bowl games at late night start times.
The new playoffs.
The title game.
Up for entire super bowl.
Was off for national signing day.
Opening day and tons of baseball since including a lot of online FSU baseball!

Good timing for bad injuries/reasons

Has your company given you a training date, or are they just stringing you along as usually happens?

Congratulations on making Captain....well...if you pass the checkride.
tongue.r191677.gif

Originally posted by F4Gary:
Has your company given you a training date, or are they just stringing you along as usually happens?

Congratulations on making Captain....well...if you pass the checkride.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by JohnnieHolmesNole:

As long as you took off 900+ days on your own dime, that's wonderful. But as I today stroke a huge check to the IRS, I can only hope I was not subsidizing your frolic. Pretty bitter today as I reflect on how much tax I pay to prop up the government's countless hand-out programs.
It was on you bro! Jimmy says "Thanks" too.

Originally posted by rhurner:

Originally posted by JohnnieHolmesNole:

It was on you bro! Jimmy says "Thanks" too.
Yes. I am so rude. Thanks Johnnie! I specifically told da gubment that you had me covered, so they could just send me checks for what you put in.
wink.r191677.gif

Sign up at wgt.com for the World Golf Tour online game. It's free and easy to learn. Kills a lot of time!!

WGT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT