ADVERTISEMENT

I can't believe they are still talking about Sherman...

Itspersonole

Walk-on
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2011
I don't think he said anything all that terrible.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

It's fine to not think he said anything wrong or acted inappropriately. It's all opinion based. But, it would be wise to notice how many people DO think he acted inappropriately.

Originally posted by cinemanole:
It's fine to not think he said anything wrong or acted inappropriately. It's all opinion based. But, it would be wise to notice how many people DO think he acted inappropriately.
LOL...probably the same folks who still think BAMA was the best team in the SEC ...

Originally posted by wwheisman:

I loved what he said! What's the problem?
It's not really the "what" he said, it's the "how". Sherman himself even stepped up yesterday to apologize for his actions. I think everyone can pretty much accept his post-game rant (spur of the moment emotion), but when his mouth is still running hours later after showering and having time to compose himself... That's what rubbed people the wrong way. Whether or not the TC accepts his crap as acceptable, when you see guys like Brady, Carter, Easiason, virtually every talking head, coach, and respectable player, etc., stepping up to speak against him... That's when I knew his mouth had gone too far. He realized it himself the next day (after much counsel from his camp I'm sure) and apologized.

As a previous poster mentioned, I hope Manning has a career day in 2 weeks....

It is how he conducted himself. He looked like an idiot and apparently that is not the case.

Originally posted by Itspersonole:
Originally posted by cinemanole:
LOL...probably the same folks who still think BAMA was the best team in the SEC ...
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
It's a mistake to think people who don't agree with you are stupid.

Going after one player was wrong, everything else I mean who cares. It wasnt that big of a deal, yet a few nights before there is a hockey fight where every player is fighting at the beginning of the game. Why are hockey players who actually FIGHT not thugs, or hoodlums, or cancers on society? At the end of the day all sherman did was talk sh!t on national TV, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Itspersonole:
I don't think he said anything all that terrible.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Totally agree. I have been thinking it since Monday when I'm reading headlines like 'The Sherman Fallout' ... I understand why it was good tv but totally disagree with the coverage on it as if he said something terrible.

Originally posted by nole71911:

Going after one player was wrong, everything else I mean who cares. It wasnt that big of a deal, yet a few nights before there is a hockey fight where every player is fighting at the beginning of the game. Why are hockey players who actually FIGHT not thugs, or hoodlums, or cancers on society? At the end of the day all sherman did was talk sh!t on national TV, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

interesting take on this. I agree

There is nothing else to talk about. This is a great example of how much bigger football is than every other sport. For the poster who brought up the hockey fight....case in point, no one gives a crap about hockey. It doesn't move the needle.

Meh, just won the conference title on a great play against your hated division rival that you face 2 times a season (or more) every single year. Playing a position where you're on an island, one-on-one for every single snap and trash talking is abundant (plus they had previous beef w/ each other).

The only thing I didn't like about his comments is that it took away from a great team victory and put the focus all on him.

The sad thing is all the twitter comments that called him a "thug" or "N" word or "monkey".

The wuss looked like he was ready to cry because someone else talked bad about him....glad it wasn't a NOLE showing his butt.

Sherman didnt act professional. Thats the key. He could have said the same thing without acting so immature. His actions came off as a man who was surprised it happened, not one who knew it would happen. People think its cool for a man to yell and jump around and say theyre the best. I really liked the old days when men had honor and kicked someones ass and was humble about it. Sherman was all about me me me. Its sad to see folks think this is ok. Its not ok.

Apologized, so admitted he was wrong; he looked like a fool.

Sherman came across as a nerd...

1. Nobody watches hockey, stop drawing comparisons.
2. People that do watch hockey watch it for precisely that or to a certain extent.

I read today that Richard Sherman graduated high school with a 4.2 gpa and graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 gpa. Has a Masters degree also from Stanford.

Originally posted by Hartle01:
I read today that Richard Sherman graduated high school with a 4.2 gpa and graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 gpa. Has a Masters degree also from Stanford.
Scored higher then a 1400 on his SAT too.

Even his trash talking is at a GRE and grad school level and tells guys to 'Google" what he just called them.

The guy isn't dumb (minus the roid use) and a lot of what he does is very calculated.

TV baits these athletes to get emotion out of them and when finally somebody does he is jumped on. Nothing he said was bad at all. It came off as a tad looney b/c of the comments about Crabtree and claiming people were talking about him. But it was right after the game had ended. Obviously he was going to be pumped at that moment.

BewJDLLCAAAhNG9.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT