ADVERTISEMENT

I hope this is fake news about Chris Cornell

The dude from the Tallahassee band Zombie Birdhouse has to be sad today.

If he did off himself, it's too bad that he didn't receive a visit from Clarence beforehand....

11wadler-booming-life-blog427.jpg

If i had to guess based on location (hotel bathroom) and description of something found around his neck , this may be another case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone bad similar to Michael Hutchence and David Carradine.

If i had to guess based on location (hotel bathroom) and description of something found around his neck , this may be another case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone bad similar to Michael Hutchence and David Carradine.
Hence my earlier post.

Could be just a suicide. Where else would someone hang themselves in a hotel room?

So I finally got my video from Jacksonville uploaded to YouTube. It took 30 seconds to post to Facebook literally an hour with the YouTube Capture app.

Soundgarden was slated as the headliner for Rock on the Range this weekend up here in Columbus....

Oh %*%*!!! My original plan was to go to Rock on the Range but when I saw Rockville had a lot of the same bands I swapped out the days off from Rock on the Range for the Moontower Comedy Festival and then did Rockville as just a weekend local thing. Since Soundgarden was the main reason I was excited about both festivals, I'm happy I inadvertently chose the right one. Usually I get screwed (like Gaffigan skipping out on Moontower last minute).

Last edited:
Saw The Melvins when they opened for TOOL years ago (not Filter...TOOL) ;)

I've only seen them once, at Bonnaroo 5-10 years ago. They were decent but you could tell they weren't as high level of professionals as the bands they inspired.

Reactions: HulaNole
Chris Cornell's wife disputes 'intentional' suicide finding

(CNN)Chris Cornell's widow disputed an official finding that her rocker husband died by suicide and revealed Friday that he had "taken an extra Ativan or two" shortly before he was found unresponsive.

Vicky Cornell became concerned when her husband, the frontman for Soundgarden and Audioslave, told her by phone about his dose of the prescription sedative, which can be used to treat anxiety, she told CNN in a statement. They spoke shortly after Chris Cornell performed a concert Wednesday night in Detroit, she said; he was found around midnight Thursday.

"When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different," Vicky Cornell said. "When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him. What happened is inexplicable, and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details."

Cornell does not believe her husband "intentionally" took his own life, she said, adding that the couple had been discussing summer plans right before Chris Cornell went on stage Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/celebrities/chris-cornell-wife-statement-suicide/index.html

Reactions: FSUTribe76
2002ish? Saw the same tour at the USF Sun Dome around that time.

Yep! Fall Lateralus tour. Melvins opened for Tool on OCT 10 2001 at USF Sun Dome and OCT 12 2001 at Phillips Arena (they also opened OCT 11 and OCT 13 on that tour).

Reactions: fsUTampa
Chris Cornell's wife disputes 'intentional' suicide finding

(CNN)Chris Cornell's widow disputed an official finding that her rocker husband died by suicide and revealed Friday that he had "taken an extra Ativan or two" shortly before he was found unresponsive.

Vicky Cornell became concerned when her husband, the frontman for Soundgarden and Audioslave, told her by phone about his dose of the prescription sedative, which can be used to treat anxiety, she told CNN in a statement. They spoke shortly after Chris Cornell performed a concert Wednesday night in Detroit, she said; he was found around midnight Thursday.

"When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different," Vicky Cornell said. "When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him. What happened is inexplicable, and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details."

Cornell does not believe her husband "intentionally" took his own life, she said, adding that the couple had been discussing summer plans right before Chris Cornell went on stage Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/celebrities/chris-cornell-wife-statement-suicide/index.html

Also from the article. "Pasich added that side effects of Ativan include "paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment"; Vicky Cornell noted her husband's slurred speech following the Detroit concert in her statement."

I was hooked on Ativan for a number of years and can tell you suicidal thoughts while you're on and even after you're off are true. A lot of people go insane from taking Benzos and kill themselves to make the madness stop...

Didn't he hang himself?

How could it not be a sucide if so??

I do understand that the affects of the Ativan could influence his mentalstate, and the crash could be the reason he made a decision to hang himself when he would never consider to something like that sober.

Last edited:
Didn't he hang himself?

How could it not be a sucide if so??

I do understand that the affects of the Ativan could influence his mentalstate, and the crash could be the reason he made a decision to hang himself when he would never consider to something like that sober.

It's not the 'crash' per Dr Danc. It's not like going on a 3 day coke bender and feeling like hell for a few days after. These drugs take over your mind and control your life. There are literally 1000s of these benzo related suicides out there like this one. If you're lucky enough to get off of them alive, many suffer from a protracted withdrawal and the recovery can take years...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT