ADVERTISEMENT

I like FSU’s chances to get to…

P4KNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
the WCWS! After checking out the brackets, I’m feeling good! We got a very fair regional and since we had to get paired with #15 for the super, I think Missouri, or whoever comes out of there is just fine.

There’s a lot of whining about both the regional and super, and to me it just shows complete ignorance to the situation. In a 64 team, 16 bracket tournament, all the brackets (regionals) should be equal. For instance, FSU being #2 should have the 2, 31, 34, and 63 seeded teams in their regional.

But after that, because of the “non-revenue” status of softball, the committee is not allowed to send teams more than a certain amount of miles away. I forget the exact amount, but their hands are tied.

Hard to argue that Howard isn’t one of the two or three worst teams in the tournament. Miss St and USF seem to be pretty even. Miss St isn’t a great hitting or pitching team. They don’t have a dominate pitcher. USF has a dominate pitcher and is a good pitching team, but not a particularly good hitting team. Could the pitching numbers be skewed by a week schedule? Their SOS is EIGHTY-EIGHT!! We shall see. In any event, this is a good fair regional for FSU and I expect good things from them, despite having to possibly face a dominate strikeout pitcher.

When talking about the super, the committee didn’t screw FSU! lol
In this tournament, the #2 and #15 square off in the super. It’s predetermined. When you compare Missouri to the other 7 9-16 seeds, who would you rather play. In my opinion the 3 worst 9-16 seeds are Duke (way over-rated), UCF, and Missouri. Since OU gets the “worst” 9-16, the committee said 16 would be UCF. In my mind that leaves Duke or Missouri. Of course, the committee thinks more highly of Duke than I do, so they put Missouri at 15. Perfectly reasonable to me. They have 18 Illinois, 47 Arizona, and 50 Missouri St in their region. Missouri should win, but if either Illinois or Arizona pull it off, FSU matches up GREAT with any of those 3. Another really good matchup for FSU!

It’s gonna be fun and it all starts this weekend!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News